Hello There, Guest! Register

TF Tuesdays - 7/8/08
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

07-08-2008, 11:47 PM

(07-08-2008, 11:09 PM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: [quote author=at0m link=topic=767.msg20016#msg20016 date=1215575294]
was a lot of fun! thanks all, sorry my mic still doesn't work Sad

at least yours isn't held together by duct tape
[/quote]
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

translation: working with duct tape > not working at all.

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
[fr31ns]Karrde
The Handy Murse

07-09-2008, 01:48 AM

Notes on tests from my POV.

Secret Base - It's getting a lot better.  1-1 is almost too easy to cap, but it's hard to say without a bunch more tests.  1-2 needs to be reworked a bit.  As it stands, some of the SG spots might be a touch too much considering that just about every angle of approach is easily covered by a sniper, BLU can't see without stepping into the line of SG fire.  However, the RED sniper can see the BLU at both ends easily.  Got no complaints about 2-1.  I think it's pretty decent and even looks good.  2-2 is a problem.  The left side, with the long skinny corridor favors soldiers and snipers.  However, the exit from this leads directly to a face full of sentry.  I'd like to see it expanded a bit and made a bit more demoman friendly.  The right side choke point is still really really nasty.  Spam city.  I'd suggest adding a second floor exit with a stair near the current exit.  Would give BLU some options there without altering SG placement.  Speaking of SGs, as it stands, 2-2 might need to be expanded due to the fact that SGs can cover just about every entrance at the same time.  As for stage 3, we didn't play.

Starship - Like I said, it runs really smooth.  Now that I understand the current gameplay with the bonus point, I think it is very solid.  We didn't stalemate once.  A lot of it was hard fought.  It gives plenty of options for every class.  Right now, what's needed is visual improvements.  What'd be nice, and this is just my opinion, would be to start streamlining the theme.  The shuttlecraft idea is good.  I'd run with that.  More computer panels, dump the TF2 prefabs and see if you can find/model/brush something more appropriate.  For me, I'd like to see more chrome, white plastic, reflective surfaces, etc.  Something that screams "the world of tomorrow" idea from the late 50s and early 60s.

<+Karrde> welp, time to learn some basic patterning skills
<@Negate> 12121212121212121212
<@Negate> there is a simple pattern
<+Karrde> I changed my mind.  Gonna cosplay as a gay demon from hell and get negate raped instead XD
<+Caffeine`work> Karrde: Gay demon? Why would you need to cosplay just go as yourself
<+FlyingMongoose> Caffeine`work: Karrde would actually have to tone it down some.
ZargonX
Hit em with a Splersh

07-09-2008, 05:17 PM

Thanks for the feedback, Karrde.  Those are some good suggestions, and I'll making some more overhauls in the coming days!

Spectacle Rock - Witty Slogan Here