Hello There, Guest! Register

How did you find BRB'U?
Scary Womanizing Pig Mask
Fierce Pork Trooper

09-27-2009, 11:28 PM

(09-27-2009, 11:24 PM)Neonie in a Suit link Wrote: I was but a boy in Tokyo when a man in a swine mask that looked slightly crooked and profaine propositioned me and told me he would show me the way of the swine. In doing so we went on many adventures following a kid in a baseball hat a stripped t-shirt. Eventually we fought a monsters whos attack we could not comprehend but when we finally beat him OVER 9000 BASEBALLS popped out and bonked us on the head, leaving us unconscious to wake up with amnesia so we had to save all of our friends. I was quite pissed when the swine man told me I would have to play a game and beat all of the sound to restore my memories.

This happen THREE more times, with me becoming a little less cold each time until we met a little pink puffball who knew how to suck..and blow. He lead us to ganon who we had to defeat with the master golden pistol and save the world but at the same time discovering friendship...princess. We saved the princess and and then were in a dark room with a candle to the right and only one exit to the south, and one exit to the north. One exit was shiny and clearly sterile, the other was green and rotting, yet looked friendly and inviting.

Together with swine man, we went threw both exits.. multiple times... untill we came.

Amazing XD

Trace
Killing anything that twitches

09-27-2009, 11:29 PM

Found out about dtoid from G4 during my first year of college  Tongue During that time I was primarily a console gamer. That didn't last for long because in my second year my roomate was a comp sci major, he offered to help me build my first gaming comp. I spotted one of caff's blogs about FNF and I knew what pc game I wanted to play.  Oddly enough I had my copy of the orange box ready way before my computer was ever done(amazon deal). So I would just stare at the box and curse my shitty dell laptop for not being up to par.  And in a few weeks the parts arrived, my comp was built, and I headed over to the server for my first TFT or FNF I can't really remember.  I immediately fell in love with the characters and shenanigans that frequent the server and have been here ever since.
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

09-27-2009, 11:41 PM

[Image: ChronoTrigger-NuWalking.gif]

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
Squishy3
Closet Furry

09-27-2009, 11:42 PM

I found it when the medic achievements first came out and farmed them with J-master and some other people when the server was still destructoid.com. I was also pissed when it was TFT and FNF and I didn't know I had to go to the website to get the password for the server. Then I didn't find it for awhile because of the namechange to brbu. Then I found it again and all was well. I also remember when the server was either suggested to be named Caff's toaster or actually was. good times. alsococks

lol boybuilding.

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2009, 11:44 PM by Squishy3.)
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

09-27-2009, 11:43 PM

(09-27-2009, 11:41 PM)Wedge link Wrote: [Image: ChronoTrigger-NuWalking.gif]

:3

[fr31ns]Karrde
The Handy Murse

09-28-2009, 12:06 AM

Randomly dropped onto #1 late one night.  Joel and some other peeps were on.  Thought they were a bunch of friendly, and jolly assholes.  Joined the forums.  Only later did I learn of the furries.  But by then it was far too late.

<+Karrde> welp, time to learn some basic patterning skills
<@Negate> 12121212121212121212
<@Negate> there is a simple pattern
<+Karrde> I changed my mind.  Gonna cosplay as a gay demon from hell and get negate raped instead XD
<+Caffeine`work> Karrde: Gay demon? Why would you need to cosplay just go as yourself
<+FlyingMongoose> Caffeine`work: Karrde would actually have to tone it down some.
Versus

09-28-2009, 12:09 AM

Quote:Karrde link=topic=3661.msg115432#msg115432 date=1254114395]
Randomly dropped onto #1 late one night.  Joel and some other peeps were on.  Thought they were a bunch of friendly, and jolly assholes.  Joined the forums.  Only later did I learn of the furries.  But by then it was far too late.

hahahahaha

Luca Shoal
Some king of fox thing

09-28-2009, 12:10 AM

I was kickin it old skool when the site started when we split away from Dtoid. I followed Caff, Kor, and the rest of the old guard, basically.

Also I'm to blame for Joel being here. And Wedge and I started the furryness <3

And with strange aeons, even Death may lay down in the street and die.

If-I-Die-Its-Lag
I Play Gaia Online

09-28-2009, 12:26 AM

Summer of 08. Just got my copy of TF2 and landed on this server.

Game hours and days later after becoming a regular,  Scotty invited me to become a part of Seth brb.u.
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2009, 12:28 AM by If-I-Die-Its-Lag.)
Versus

09-28-2009, 12:28 AM

(09-28-2009, 12:26 AM)If-I-Die-Its-Lag link Wrote: Summer of 08. Just got my copy of TF2 and landed on this server.

this lacks a seth joke

If-I-Die-Its-Lag
I Play Gaia Online

09-28-2009, 12:28 AM

(09-28-2009, 12:28 AM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: [quote author=If-I-Die-Its-Lag link=topic=3661.msg115437#msg115437 date=1254115576]
Summer of 08. Just got my copy of TF2 and landed on this server.

this lacks a seth joke
[/quote]

I changed the post damn it.
K2
BRB, Posting

09-28-2009, 12:45 AM

I had been reading Dtoid daily for quite a while, and I had been playing TF2 since the pre-order beta. I finally made a Dtoid account in order to enter an Audiosurf contest Knives was doing. I won a copy of the game and subsequently started participating in a weekly Audiosurf competition he did for a couple months. That got me looking more into the Dtoid community and cblogs, though I never really commented. I started going to the FNFs and TFTs until the Great Schism. I didn't really know anything about any drama going on, but somewhere on a cblog I read about brbu. Then I made an account, lurked for a month and a half, and decided to join.
Chaosye
Lurker

09-28-2009, 01:22 AM

Through Dtoid, which I used to read alot, and then I found the FNF server and then it was fun
Big Grin

I didn't join the forums until a couple months of the server

:3
Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

09-28-2009, 01:30 AM

(09-27-2009, 10:47 PM)backfire link Wrote: It was just some random server I joined back when I was home(server)less. Lil foggy, but I think I became friends with vongore and kept following him back here. I started becoming more social with members and eventually joined the forums.

Lol, good ol' times. When we used to test your map with your friend

My Story is just like karth's , i used to read and write a lot on dtoid (before everybody went OMG WE'RE SO RETRO HARKOOORE" and "pff, that game is 3 month old, people still play this", i'm looking at you Sterling) so when i finally was abble to NOT STEAL the Orange box from a friend i tried to join on an FNF, but i happened to just join the week all the furry thing happened and the new server was formed. I used to play a lot back then, talking a bit with SWPM and Trace on Steam. Then, little by little i got to know everyone until Caff told me that nobody would laugh at my english and that i should join the forums.
After Caff deleted another user that had registered with my nickname (i'm still searching for you, dick), i joined the forums... and you did laugh at my english :<. But i' learned to love you

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2009, 01:35 AM by Vongore.)
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

09-28-2009, 03:37 AM

all i remember was playing melee_ringking with a bunch of folks late at night on the dtoid server

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Negate
Born the same day as Linux... poor guy..

09-28-2009, 07:40 AM

I got the orange box because it was an awesome deal. Then I was browsing dtoid and saw fnf so I joined once. I was hooked we had it all custom maps like mach2 and castle3 kor and caff having a clash each night. I joined the forums after we made them and when we split from dtoid I didn't really know anyone from dtoid but I knew people from here so I stayed here. Then after a year of playing caff let me borrow the keys to the blue car, I luckily didn't crash it or kill anyone so I can now drive both Red and Blue. Though in those days we called them #1 and #2.

Your in the minority, its supposed to taste like a shit taco
Jon Stewart
[move]ii@.[/move]
SAVAGE-0
BRB, Posting

09-28-2009, 08:05 AM

I'm still lost....

Smile - actual story: random low ping server with funny people.  Joined forums to play tft and fnf if both existed back then.

trust me... I'm a 2L
Coppanuva
Coob enforcement officer 1st class

09-28-2009, 08:20 AM

I was bored over the summer and played TF2 way more than I should have been. But anyways, I found this server, and that it had customs and started playing on it as Otacon. Then I just decided to join one day, about a month or 2 ago. And that's how it happened.
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

09-28-2009, 09:49 AM

Original member here.  Hell, I remember playing Half Life 2 Deathmatch with random people from the Destructoid Steam group while waiting for TF2 to come out.  Then we eventually left because Yashoki was a douchebag, and history was made. 

NiceGuy
Fulfills Asi^H^H Korean stereotypes

09-28-2009, 10:03 AM

I was pretty hardcore into CS:1.6 with a group of older folk who owned a server in Texas of all places. It was fun for awhile until newer and more exciting games started to come out. But they were pretty set in their ways and insisted on sticking with 1.6 as CS:S was released and then TF2. 1.6 was great but it was time to move on. I got the Orange Box and instantly fell in love and found myself serverless. I randomly found the brbu server and enjoyed playing with the skilled players who frequented there and weren't all completely immature  Wink I kept coming back to the server for several days until one Tuesday evening I found myself locked out! In a fit of panic I PM'ed Spore for the password to see if I could join in and he directed me here. And since then I couldn't get enough of you clowns  ;D

On BAL-SACKs:

(07-10-2008, 06:52 PM)rumsfald link Wrote:Like our namesake, the number one thing we do is hang around.  Between your legs. Hang around waiting for some action.