Hello There, Guest! Register

Poll: When will BRBMGSTFAD '08 end?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Sept 08
0%
0 0%
Oct 08
12.00%
3 12.00%
Nov 08
32.00%
8 32.00%
Dec 08
16.00%
4 16.00%
Jan 09
0%
0 0%
Beyond Stock Poll Options.
40.00%
10 40.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

When will BRBMGSTFAD '08 end?
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

09-12-2008, 08:43 AM

(09-11-2008, 04:57 PM)Dave link Wrote: i hope it never ends
;D

its been an emotional rollercoaster.

Seriously?

If it wasn't for Ianki we wouldn't even have gotten this far. You made a big stink about starting it, then promptly dropped it except where your own team was concerned. A tournament like this needs someone harping on team captains to get their matches in, not just sit back and watch... well, nothing much happen. All I've seen is lots of captains say their team is ready for a match, but very little of people actually talking to each other to make those matches happen. That's supposed to be your job.

It seems almost nobody cares about the damn thing at all anymore, and it's pretty much become a joke. I'd personally vote for cancelling the whole thing and restarting it properly at a later time. :'(

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2008, 08:45 AM by ScottyGrayskull.)
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

09-12-2008, 08:48 AM

(09-12-2008, 08:43 AM)ScottyGrayskull link Wrote: [quote author=Dave link=topic=1391.msg38072#msg38072 date=1221170255]
i hope it never ends
;D

I once fellated a dog
[/quote]

no scotty.

Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

09-12-2008, 09:55 AM

(09-12-2008, 08:43 AM)ScottyGrayskull link Wrote: [quote author=Dave link=topic=1391.msg38072#msg38072 date=1221170255]
i hope it never ends
;D

Seriously?

If it wasn't for Ianki we wouldn't even have gotten this far. You made a big stink about starting it, then promptly dropped it except where your own team was concerned. A tournament like this needs someone harping on team captains to get their matches in, not just sit back and watch... well, nothing much happen. All I've seen is lots of captains say their team is ready for a match, but very little of people actually talking to each other to make those matches happen. That's supposed to be your job.

It seems almost nobody cares about the damn thing at all anymore, and it's pretty much become a joke. I'd personally vote for cancelling the whole thing and restarting it properly at a later time. :'(
[/quote]

I doubt it's really dave's fault.  We are just really unorganized which is what makes us great because we aren't super cereal which means I can participate because I can't make regular schedules.  But on the counter side you really have to plan for it.  There is a bunch of stuff I learned organizing nights about how to accommodate a disorganized community, but you can't tweak tourny rules in the middle to account for some things.  TBH it should have been 4v4 but with at least 6 per team more likely 8 that would rotate in or out.  I mean most sports teams have twice the necessary players.  That would reek havoc with prizes though.

My vote would to finish this quick in super sudden death elimination rounds (as in you lose your out) then taking what we've learned and do another later and have the prizes by gog.com games or something cheap like that.  Then we can have plenty of subs, and still afford prizes for the lot of them.  Also we can add in a lot of the people that have just joined that are probably interested.  Also it needs to be regularly scheduled and quick, 1 month absolute max with weekly scheduled matches in advanced.  It's hard to hold people's attention that long.  Have all the matches set during a certain time slot every week everyone has to be available on and then hold them back to back during that time.  Each round would be one week.

For example every Tuesday for one month instead of TFT from 8-10 you have the matches on #2.  Everyone who is participating will either be spec or playing during that time.  Each Tuesday you knock out however many teams until you have the super death bowl between 2 or 4 teams on the 4th week.  Then it's done.  That's how I'd do it knowing this crowed.  You need flexibility but also a set schedule so people always know where to be when.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2008, 10:29 AM by Surf314.)
Surf314

09-12-2008, 09:59 AM

On second thought we'd probably need two servers but my plan still stands as the best way I think to do it.

copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

09-12-2008, 10:22 AM

We've made it this far though! Srsly, if it gets rebooted I'm out. I had a hard enough time organizing SBS, and trying to get BALSAK/TBAG to practice, I don't need more crap to deal with. :|

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Surf314

09-12-2008, 10:25 AM

I mean you should be down to just a couple of teams.  It shouldn't be that difficult to finish pretty quick.  Why not just schedule a big blowout.  Also you can probably cross some teams off the list or force them to reorganize.  I may drop out since I'm so unreliable.  Just get this one over with and then when things are better we can do another one with what we've learned.

rumsfald

09-12-2008, 05:10 PM

Stop pooping serious on my "the is the song that never ends" joke poll.

If you have suggestions or concerns about the BRBMGSTFAD organizers or team captains, I suggest you show them the same respect that you would for the server owners, forum admins, or TFT/SBS/FNF organizers by talking to them via PM or steam first.