Hello There, Guest! Register

ZoSo: Perma-Banned Over One Word
Thread Closed 
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

07-25-2008, 06:15 AM

Well dave never says faggot for the same reason i never say racial slurs, its a word made completely to offend someone, just use a different word or stop being an asshole much?

also: sniper isnt a real class.

timepants
Looks like E.T. in RL.

07-25-2008, 06:28 AM

Zoso, you need to take responsibility for your actions instead of using illness/morphine/whatever as excuses. You're kind of like this guy lolz.
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

07-25-2008, 06:30 AM

*sigh* No need for this... -SG

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2008, 08:00 AM by ScottyGrayskull.)
fyre
BRB, Posting

07-25-2008, 06:43 AM

(07-25-2008, 01:35 AM)ZoSo link Wrote: Don't use the word "faggot" on the server...

I wasn't planning on it. Actually, I do say it occasionally. But only if I'm with people who know me well enough to know that I'm using it "ironically".

That said, I have no opinion about this ban.

(07-25-2008, 06:15 AM)Dave link Wrote: also: sniper isnt a real class.

cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

07-25-2008, 07:29 AM

If it was in jest I'd be up in arms, but you were probably being a bitch about getting fragged. No one cares what kind of pain medication you're on. You're not the only one with a huge ass problem in your life. We all play video games, read books, watch movies as an escape and when we encounter assholes/dumbasses/annoying 5-year-olds it gets old quick.

Nothing gives you the excuse to make fun of someone else. Quit thinking the world owes you something pal.

I'm pretty sure things like this should have no part of the main forums and should be talked about in PM's and steam messages to the admins. Thinking you were going to get some sort of support by bitching here is a no-no. I recommend this topic to be locked.

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2008, 07:34 AM by cbre88x.)
ToiletDuck
BRB, Posting

07-25-2008, 07:38 AM

dang, i actually thought zoso was getting a bit better with reducing the trash talking lately, oh well :o

also, nd.

[Image: vhs51j.gif]
[Image: rrmvpd.gif]
[Image: 5wfajm.gif]
[Image: 33cmd7m.gif]
[Image: s3g8xs.gif]
[Image: 2dmbam1.gif]
[Image: 1e5tuv.gif]
[Image: 1fzo94.jpg]
ScottyGrayskull
Unbalancer of the Internet

07-25-2008, 07:59 AM

I'm still trying to get caught up and a clear picture on events, but I will say that any petty and personal insults in this matter are to STOP RIGHT NOW.

Thanks in advance. Smile

Caffeine`brb!u: /facepalm
Caffeine`brb!u: you have the technological ability of Dede
Caffeine`brb!u: OOOOOOO what does this button do
Caffeine`brb!u: *break*
Caffeine`brb!u: SCOTTY GET OUT OF MY SERVER
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

07-25-2008, 09:01 AM

I like Zoso as a good sniper and when he's in a good mood.  I hate zoso when he's spamming the mic complaining about something or bitching at people.  I don't want to sound like a hippy but at some point you got to look at your positive/negative quotient.  If a far greater proportion of what you say is negative than we are going to get sick of it, and assume everyone else on the server is sick of it too so we will take action.  And if when we take action you take it too far and do something that really upsets us (like posting flame bait or whatever you did to piss off an admin I will not name) then more severe action is warranted.

If you are reading this zoso I want you to ignore all the attacks on you and just think about what it really comes down to.  We want a place where everyone has fun and to do that we need to be strict on people that could be ruining it for others.  There is no way of conveying anything over the internet except your voice and maybe some vocal inflection, so if you are trying to do friendly trash talk but come off as an ass it is effectively your fault because there isn't I sign we can put over your head that says "this is to be taken as friendly trash talk."  You are who you come off as and we have to act accordingly.  We don't know what you are like in person, so we can't do anything except react to how you are acting or perceived to be acting on a server in the moment.

And this goes for everyone.

PS I'd be perfectly happy to have you back but you need to understand this and apologize, even if you were not intentionally acting like an ass you need to apologize for coming off as an ass and realize that you are.  This is not to be preachy, but it's the only way we will be able to realistically have the community with you in it because you've rubbed a lot of people the wrong way whether you realize it or not.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
NiceGuy
Fulfills Asi^H^H Korean stereotypes

07-25-2008, 09:47 AM

I know this has been said already in various ways, but to clarify the reason for your ban, it's not necessarily because you used the word "faggot". And yes, it can be defined "as a bundle of twigs/sticks" but that definitely was not the context you were using it in. The problem is when a server admin asks you to stop using derogatory comments/being a dick, you shouldn't argue that it isn't what it is and that they have no power to enforce the server rules on you. If you think that that kind of behavior (mic spamming offensive words after specifically being told not to) is OK on the servers, you're obviously in the wrong place. I would think that you, being a regular, would know this by now and I find it pretty disappointing that you either don't care or that you think you're exempt from this rule. So I don't think the ban is us being too strict or harsh, it's what this community stands for and it would be egregious not to do anything about it.

Also, sorry about your chronic pain and all the medication you have to be on, but if you know that it alters your behavior negatively, why not just enjoy the game and refrain from using the mic? If no one can hear you being a dick, they would be none the wiser  Wink

On BAL-SACKs:

(07-10-2008, 06:52 PM)rumsfald link Wrote:Like our namesake, the number one thing we do is hang around.  Between your legs. Hang around waiting for some action.
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

07-25-2008, 10:02 AM

I wanted to clarify something with you, it wasn't fail who came to me, or duck, or Kor. I go to check the forums last night basically to find a thread in our admin section stating that Fail was quitting and leaving. Now, he's someone who has done a lot here and I respect greatly, I respect him enough and trust his judgment that I gave him admin. Naturally I want to know why, and after Duck explains how you acted towards him, it was the decision that I made, I just ran it by Kor and Duck last night to see if either objected.

It was not just using the word, or any word, but when someone asks you to stop something whether it be something like this, mic spam, or griefing, and you don't, then theres a problem. You sat there and argued with an admin and after some subtle and not so subtle warnings you just kept it up.

One thing that particularly offends me is that you dropped my name, like knowing me somehow grants you some kind of immunity or special privilege. Well, guess what, it doesn't, if that were the case a good majority of people here would have some kind of 'privilege' and thats not the case at all.

Like I said to you last night, this ban will be lifted when you make an apology to him.

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Geoff
Real World Azn

07-25-2008, 10:29 AM

(07-25-2008, 02:10 AM)Kor link Wrote: [quote author=ZoSo link=topic=953.msg24487#msg24487 date=1216969152]
Not to mention, faggot: A bundle of twigs, sticks, or branches bound together, is not vulgar.

Congratulations, you aren't being coy, just insipid.

I'm confident that there's little to I can do to dissuade you from burying yourself verbally. Carry on.

[/quote]

CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

(10-06-2011, 04:24 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote:just ignore everything Geoff posts its always trolling or ignorant drivel
NiceGuy
Fulfills Asi^H^H Korean stereotypes

07-25-2008, 10:50 AM

(07-25-2008, 10:02 AM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: ...Fail was quitting and leaving...

WHAT what what what what WHAT???  ???

On BAL-SACKs:

(07-10-2008, 06:52 PM)rumsfald link Wrote:Like our namesake, the number one thing we do is hang around.  Between your legs. Hang around waiting for some action.
fyre
BRB, Posting

07-25-2008, 10:54 AM

(07-25-2008, 10:50 AM)NiceGuy link Wrote: [quote author=CaffeinePowered link=topic=953.msg24590#msg24590 date=1216998158]
...Fail was quitting and leaving...

[/quote]
Geoff
Real World Azn

07-25-2008, 11:01 AM

(07-25-2008, 10:54 AM)fyre link Wrote: [quote author=NiceGuy link=topic=953.msg24613#msg24613 date=1217001023]
[quote author=CaffeinePowered link=topic=953.msg24590#msg24590 date=1216998158]
...Fail was quitting and leaving...

[/quote]
[/quote]

(10-06-2011, 04:24 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote:just ignore everything Geoff posts its always trolling or ignorant drivel
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

07-25-2008, 11:08 AM

That was something he posted in private, but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to show him how much he is loved.  Fail being the modest person he is probably didn't want to make a big thing of it on the main boards.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
jdub28
Lurker

07-25-2008, 12:10 PM

I always thought it was funny that zoso was a sniper and very condescending. That is exactly how I imagined the sniper's personality would be. I never really seen him mad I guess. Most of the time he just brags and complains about dispenser placement. It sucks he went off on Fail, of all the regulars on the server he seems like the one that would take it the most personally. I hope he comes back, and if zoso doesnt feel the need to apologize than I would happily drop him to play with fail again.

[Image: XFORTBANNER-1.jpg]
cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

07-25-2008, 12:36 PM

(07-25-2008, 10:02 AM)CaffeinePowered link Wrote: I wanted to clarify something with you, it wasn't fail who came to me, or duck, or Kor. I go to check the forums last night basically to find a thread in our admin section stating that Fail was quitting and leaving. Now, he's someone who has done a lot here and I respect greatly, I respect him enough and trust his judgment that I gave him admin. Naturally I want to know why, and after Duck explains how you acted towards him, it was the decision that I made, I just ran it by Kor and Duck last night to see if either objected.
It was not just using the word, or any word, but when someone asks you to stop something whether it be something like this, mic spam, or griefing, and you don't, then theres a problem. You sat there and argued with an admin and after some subtle and not so subtle warnings you just kept it up.
One thing that particularly offends me is that you dropped my name, like knowing me somehow grants you some kind of immunity or special privilege. Well, guess what, it doesn't, if that were the case a good majority of people here would have some kind of 'privilege' and thats not the case at all.
Like I said to you last night, this ban will be lifted when you make an apology to him.

So this is why I got a PM saying Fail is withdrawing from LEG....

Zoso you sick fucker. Shit I'd rather we just fucking permabanned him from everything now. If you were mouthing off at someone enough to make them drop out of a forum then you obviously went way past the fucking line. I don't give a shit what anyone says about not badmouthing you now. You fucking deserve getting the ban, you twat.

Ceceil Felias
Slave to no man

07-25-2008, 01:17 PM

Wait, ZoSo's dickery caused Fail to leave?

BURN THE WITCH
Benito Mussolini
1 More!

07-25-2008, 01:34 PM

(07-25-2008, 01:17 PM)Ceceil Felias link Wrote: Wait, ZoSo's dickery caused Fail to leave?

BURN THE WITCH

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
Neonie

07-25-2008, 01:49 PM

Zoso, this thread has wassed of time. I'm sick of your toyr trible threads.

Also: You pissed off my cat.
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2008, 01:56 PM by Neonie.)
Thread Closed