Hello There, Guest! Register

Jan 2010 Tournament: Welcome to the BRB Superbowl!
Turtle
Justin Bieber

01-15-2010, 09:43 PM

I like your avatar karth where'd you get it

Benito Mussolini
1 More!

01-15-2010, 10:10 PM

Congatulations for teams NoMic and Raheem for their wins.

Team Canada raped too, obviously.

Tune in tomorrow at 7CST for that other match that got delayed.

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
Tricks
BRB, Posting

01-15-2010, 10:16 PM

(01-15-2010, 10:10 PM)Benito link Wrote: Congatulations for teams NoMic and Raheem for their wins.

http://www.filefront.com/15362479/NOMICvsRAGE.dem

http://www.filefront.com/15362493/RAHEEMvsGENSOKYO.dem

Tricks
BRB, Posting

01-15-2010, 10:21 PM

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0...lbkE&hl=en

Updated.
K2
BRB, Posting

01-15-2010, 10:33 PM

Very awesome match. A++ would play again. Though next time I should probably get on Vent so I can actually hear what my teammates are saying.
Coppanuva
Coob enforcement officer 1st class

01-15-2010, 10:36 PM

Might I suggest that next tournament we make it a little more clear on if ringers are allowed or not? Also, clarify how matches should be played if not everyone can make it. I know we had some go and do 4v4 and others go and find new people for the missing slots.
Benito Mussolini
1 More!

01-15-2010, 10:46 PM

(01-15-2010, 10:36 PM)Coppanuva link Wrote: Might I suggest that next tournament we make it a little more clear on if ringers are allowed or not? Also, clarify how matches should be played if not everyone can make it. I know we had some go and do 4v4 and others go and find new people for the missing slots.

Teams should have been able to sort it out themselves. Since there are 6 people flush on each team, and that the time and date were out of the team's control, it had to be expected that some people can't show.

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
Coppanuva
Coob enforcement officer 1st class

01-15-2010, 10:56 PM

(01-15-2010, 10:46 PM)Benito link Wrote: [quote author=Coppanuva link=topic=4081.msg132536#msg132536 date=1263613005]
Might I suggest that next tournament we make it a little more clear on if ringers are allowed or not? Also, clarify how matches should be played if not everyone can make it. I know we had some go and do 4v4 and others go and find new people for the missing slots.

Teams should have been able to sort it out themselves. Since there are 6 people flush on each team, and that the time and date were out of the team's control, it had to be expected that some people can't show.
[/quote]
Yes, but I mean we should make some sort of rule about that. Either a "Go ahead and field as many as both have, be it 4v4 or 5v5 and sub out between rounds if you can" or a "Both go find other members." thing. Some sort of universal for all matches.
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

01-15-2010, 11:09 PM

(01-15-2010, 10:56 PM)Coppanuva link Wrote: [quote author=Benito link=topic=4081.msg132537#msg132537 date=1263613617]
[quote author=Coppanuva link=topic=4081.msg132536#msg132536 date=1263613005]

[/quote]
Yes, but I mean we should make some sort of rule about that. Either a "Go ahead and field as many as both have, be it 4v4 or 5v5 and sub out between rounds if you can" or a "Both go find other members." thing. Some sort of universal for all matches.
[/quote]

It's a work in progress but the general rule is shoot for six, play with 4 or 5, forfeit with 3 or less. Subs are replacements though because you can't have more people playing for you than six, no way to declare a winning 6 and to divide the prize then. Hopefully next one there will be less hiccups, we expect to compare lots of notes before we put the next together.

Also everyone needs to have good sportsmanship, from what I understand there were some really good matches. Just because you lost doesn't mean you suck there are a lot of good players at BRBU. And just because you won doesn't mean you can be a poor winner, there will be plenty of people that can stomp you another time.

And I am keeping track of any bad offenders of the bad sportsman rule. So be warned, there will be consequences if you take things too far. This is a friendly tournament.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Cataract
Lurker

01-15-2010, 11:25 PM

(01-15-2010, 07:53 PM)diggs link Wrote: gamblers and brosquad rescheduling to saturday 5 pst, couldnt get everyone on the server

I said it before in this thread, and believe i sent out PM's, but I won't be able to make it. Somethings seriously up with my computer right now. I've replaced the motherboard and CPU, and still nothing is working. Giving it to a friend on Sunday who works with fixing computers to take a look at. Should be around for practicing next week, and the next match.

[Image: brosquadtagbroaract.png]
[Image: sig.php?player_id=45671&background=random]
Odin
BRB, Posting

01-16-2010, 12:59 AM

(01-15-2010, 11:25 PM)Cataract link Wrote: [quote author=diggs link=topic=4081.msg132506#msg132506 date=1263603230]
gamblers and brosquad rescheduling to saturday 5 pst, couldnt get everyone on the server

I said it before in this thread, and believe i sent out PM's, but I won't be able to make it. Somethings seriously up with my computer right now. I've replaced the motherboard and CPU, and still nothing is working. Giving it to a friend on Sunday who works with fixing computers to take a look at. Should be around for practicing next week, and the next match.
[/quote]

Eh don't worry.  Zane and Hobo were out tonight too.

[Image: sollysig.png]
[Image: sig.php?player_id=32791&background=random]
[Image: brosquadtagodin-1.png]
[Image: odinnz.png]
chronomaster
BBP Gardevoir

01-16-2010, 01:38 AM

(01-15-2010, 11:09 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=Coppanuva link=topic=4081.msg132538#msg132538 date=1263614211]
[quote author=Benito link=topic=4081.msg132537#msg132537 date=1263613617]
[quote author=Coppanuva link=topic=4081.msg132536#msg132536 date=1263613005]

[/quote]
[/quote]

It's a work in progress but the general rule is shoot for six, play with 4 or 5, forfeit with 3 or less. Subs are replacements though because you can't have more people playing for you than six, no way to declare a winning 6 and to divide the prize then. Hopefully next one there will be less hiccups, we expect to compare lots of notes before we put the next together.

Also everyone needs to have good sportsmanship, from what I understand there were some really good matches. Just because you lost doesn't mean you suck there are a lot of good players at BRBU. And just because you won doesn't mean you can be a poor winner, there will be plenty of people that can stomp you another time.

And I am keeping track of any bad offenders of the bad sportsman rule. So be warned, there will be consequences if you take things too far. This is a friendly tournament.
[/quote]
The problem we had with the ringers was that it essentially allowed you to 'overload' your team with prime picks if you had the clout without anyone but the team knowing before the match. People who were already committed to a team were being pulled out when they lost to be a ringer (at least, I'm hearing from people who say they use ringers. Trying to confirm)

So in a sense if you didn't have a player, you could end up picking a prime pick from a dead team. It not only rewards the teams with missing members, it rewards later matches by giving them a larger pool of ringers.

The blind ringer thing is irritating, but understandable under many circumstances. If it's a double duty, I can't see how it's fair. So long as that isn't actually happening, I feel no need to gripe.

Professor Funbucks

01-16-2010, 02:31 AM

Ya my team used me as a ringer im super good
im really good ok
Surf314

01-16-2010, 08:54 AM

We didn't have problems with Team Canada's line up change because it made sense and we knew about it before. I'll talk with the other people working on the tourny but I think the most fair thing to do is to not allow ringers unless you have less than 4 players and you will otherwise forfeit. And ideally this will be settled before the match on the forums so that the other team has a chance to raise any complaints.

I think the biggest issue was with tom but look he's a good guy and in this community. He's also a really good player and at the last minute I can see where this is a problem but we didn't think about it before to make any rules about it. So this is our mistake to learn from and we will work out a fair rule for next tourny and maybe the rest of these games.

Turtle
Justin Bieber

01-16-2010, 11:16 AM

(01-16-2010, 08:54 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: We didn't have problems with Team Canada's line up change because it made sense and we knew about it before. I'll talk with the other people working on the tourny but I think the most fair thing to do is to not allow ringers unless you have less than 4 players and you will otherwise forfeit. And ideally this will be settled before the match on the forums so that the other team has a chance to raise any complaints.

I think the biggest issue was with tom but look he's a good guy and in this community. He's also a really good player and at the last minute I can see where this is a problem but we didn't think about it before to make any rules about it. So this is our mistake to learn from and we will work out a fair rule for next tourny and maybe the rest of these games.
There's been accusations that i chose Tom because he's really good and it would win us the game. I didn't pick him because of that. I picked him because his name was the first one on my friends list that i found. I was to busy finding a last minute ringer that i didn't care who it was.

Also with the good sportsmanship thing. Yeah i got a pretty rude last night and i'm gonna try to work on that. I hope next week I can control myself a little better

Surf314

01-16-2010, 11:20 AM

(01-16-2010, 11:16 AM)Turtle link Wrote: [quote author=Surf314 link=topic=4081.msg132575#msg132575 date=1263650066]
We didn't have problems with Team Canada's line up change because it made sense and we knew about it before. I'll talk with the other people working on the tourny but I think the most fair thing to do is to not allow ringers unless you have less than 4 players and you will otherwise forfeit. And ideally this will be settled before the match on the forums so that the other team has a chance to raise any complaints.

There's been accusations that i chose Tom because he's really good and it would win us the game. I didn't pick him because of that. I picked him because his name was the first one on my friends list that i found. I was to busy finding a last minute ringer that i didn't care who it was.

Also with the good sportsmanship thing. Yeah i got a pretty rude last night and i'm gonna try to work on that. I hope next week I can control myself a little better
[/quote]

Good and like I said any ringer issues are due to us not realizing it might be a problem. For now just confirm your lineup for your next match and we will make sure your opponent feels its fair (I believe it's Raheem Canada)

Professor Funbucks

01-16-2010, 11:34 AM

(01-16-2010, 11:16 AM)Turtle link Wrote: [quote author=Surf314 link=topic=4081.msg132575#msg132575 date=1263650066]

[/quote]
At least you're admitting it. +1
Geoff
Real World Azn

01-16-2010, 11:53 AM

toms my man wtf r u doin with him

(10-06-2011, 04:24 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote:just ignore everything Geoff posts its always trolling or ignorant drivel
chronomaster
BBP Gardevoir

01-16-2010, 12:20 PM

I do agree that ringers should be a last resort entirely. If we give the ability to go down to 4v4, but completely ignore it with allowing ringers at any level, then the issue of gaming the system comes up, and when money is involved, you get people like me complaining because we don't like to see that happen.

I get enough of that bullshit in card games already. :V

I suggest for the next tournament, instead of letting people pick their ringers, they are instead selected from a pre-approved pool by the TOs. This way, there's a lot less metagaming, and it ends up potentially penalizing a team for not being completely organized (having an unsynched member in your lineup).

Thinking on it though, the issue should be considered carefully. Even having the penalty of a random person in your ranks is a little harsh. Should we be allowed a dedicated alternate? I'm sure now that the issue is brought up, you can come up with a good solution.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2010, 12:25 PM by chronomaster.)
Surf314

01-16-2010, 12:23 PM

(01-16-2010, 12:20 PM)Chronomaster link Wrote: I do agree that ringers should be a last resort entirely. If we give the ability to go down to 4v4, but completely ignore it with allowing ringers at any level, then the issue of gaming the system comes up, and when money is involved, you get people like me complaining because we don't like to see that happen.

I get enough of that bullshit in card games already. :V

I suggest for the next tournament, instead of letting people pick their ringers, they are instead selected from a pre-approved pool by the TOs. This way, there's a lot less metagaming, and it ends up potentially penalizing a team for not being completely organized (having an unsynched member in your lineup).

Sounds like a good idea. For now I think we will just leave the option to go down to 4 with any team replacements beyond that need having to be revealed and agreed to in advance. Of course I sincerely hope no one tries to game the system for a $10 steam game in a friendly community  :-\