Hello There, Guest! Register

New Modern Warfare 2 Trailer
backfire
Uninstalling

11-14-2009, 03:47 PM

After playing it for a couple days, here's my two cents.

Single Player is actually very well done. The intro imo wasn't as good as Cod4, but it does make up for it in later missions. Later missions can get pretty heptic. One of the earlier ones has you being shot from basically all sides while you're constantly being rushed. It's actually a whole lot harder than the original. But, I'll say though that even though it's short (bout 5-6 hours), Cod4 was about the same length, but it doesn't stretch anything out. The campaign doesn't feel like they through any fluff in for the sole purpose of making it longer.

Special-ops is defiantly a whole lot of fun. You can sorta think of them like those challenges in Timesplitters where you're given this random objective like defend here or attack this or whatnot, then they throw in several of these oddball missions. One of the missions that's co-op only is exactly the same level in cod4 where your heli crashes and you have to sneak past to get to saftey, except one of you two will be in an AC-130 up above raining death on everyone trying to protect your teammate. Definatly glad they went with this idea instead of cramming co-op into single player, utterly destorying it *coughResi5cough*.

Finally, multiplayer. While I have I'm still a little upset they got rid of dedicated servers, I'd say for this game at least, it works. The matchmaking isn't as painfully long as on the consoles. It literally takes about 3 seconds to search for players then I'm put into a game. Pings are actually pretty good. It's possible to mod the ping bar to show off accurate pings in ms. Couple matches last night, and we all had pings from about 40-80 with one being at 100ish. No support for custom maps doesn't really bother me since again, I don't really care that much about mp, but they give you a nice big selection. Though, my biggest complaint with the multiplayer is simply the way the game works. It's not about skill or how good you are. It's pretty much about who found who first, because rarely do you ever get shot but not killed. It takes like two bullets to bring down anyone. Even worse, while playing tdm, all of us were covering our front, sides, back, then some guy launched a pipe grenade from his grenade launcher and killed all four of us. HOW THE HELL IS THAT BALANCED? HE GETS 3 OF THOSE SO EVEN IF HE MISSES, HE CAN JUST SHOOT 2 MORE. And he did this from behind cover. There was no "time to react" it was "how are things?" "good" "okay, let's mo.." *phoomf* *explosion* </rant>

Yeah... anyways, it's a good game, not worth $60 though. Worth about $40. I'd pay that.

And before anyone else asks me... I got the game as an early christmas gift! >Sad

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
2.4mb sig ノ(ಠ‿‿ಠノ)            (╯ಠ‿‿ಠ)╯︵bıs qɯ4˙2
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

11-14-2009, 05:13 PM

[Image: codmw2m20091113232214.jpg]

copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

11-14-2009, 05:14 PM

(11-14-2009, 03:01 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=CopulatingDuck link=topic=2964.msg122453#msg122453 date=1258228612]
Quote:“It’s not cast in stone yet, but at this point no, we don’t think we will have dedicated servers,” he [Carmack] says.

Infinity Ward made the same decision for “Modern Warfare 2” and has been facing a massive backlash among its fans. The inevitable online petition has gathered over 183,000 signatures and even the developer has acknowledged the backlash.

“Modern Warfare 2” will use a matchmaking setup powered by IWNET for online play. It’s too early to say what Rage will use, but Carmack indicated he believed the servers are something of a remnant of the early days of PC gaming.

That said, he realizes the affinity many PC gamers have for them – and is glad “Rage” won’t be leading the charge away from them.

“The great thing is we won’t have to be a pioneer on that,” he says. “We’ll see how it works out for everyone else.”

it's the beginning of the end for PC gaming and we have no one but IW to blame

If it bombs on PC, he likely won't do it
[/quote]

tho Rage is singleplayer, so it would be closer to Borderlands (which isn't so bad), but this is a terrible line of thinking as far as multiplayer games go, and I can imagine a lot more devs are going to start considering it (such a shame Sad )

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Spore
2 guys, no cups necessary

11-14-2009, 05:16 PM

Can we move this thread to the Kiddy Corner for console games?

Feeling generous? Karf is a respectable human being. http://i.imgur.com/MTVw5.png
Thank you, Mr. Pelican.
copulatingduck

11-14-2009, 05:46 PM

rofl

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

11-14-2009, 07:01 PM

(11-14-2009, 03:47 PM)backfire link Wrote: Finally, multiplayer. While I have I'm still a little upset they got rid of dedicated servers, I'd say for this game at least, it works. The matchmaking isn't as painfully long as on the consoles. It literally takes about 3 seconds to search for players then I'm put into a game. Pings are actually pretty good. It's possible to mod the ping bar to show off accurate pings in ms. Couple matches last night, and we all had pings from about 40-80 with one being at 100ish. No support for custom maps doesn't really bother me since again, I don't really care that much about mp, but they give you a nice big selection. Though, my biggest complaint with the multiplayer is simply the way the game works. It's not about skill or how good you are. It's pretty much about who found who first, because rarely do you ever get shot but not killed. It takes like two bullets to bring down anyone. Even worse, while playing tdm, all of us were covering our front, sides, back, then some guy launched a pipe grenade from his grenade launcher and killed all four of us. HOW THE HELL IS THAT BALANCED? HE GETS 3 OF THOSE SO EVEN IF HE MISSES, HE CAN JUST SHOOT 2 MORE. And he did this from behind cover. There was no "time to react" it was "how are things?" "good" "okay, let's mo.." *phoomf* *explosion* </rant>

Pretty much sums up why I never understood the game's multiplayer being so popular in the first place, dedi servers or otherwise.

And I'm not really bothered about the Rage thing, I didn't even know that game was going to have multiplayer.  If it does, I'm guessing it's just going to be some stupid 4-8 player thing like Doom III.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
Versus

11-14-2009, 07:52 PM

(11-14-2009, 05:16 PM)Spore link Wrote: Can we move this thread to the Kiddy Corner for console games?

was waiting for someone to say this

also i just realized no dedicated servers means no anti-noob tube servers Sad

backfire
Uninstalling

11-14-2009, 10:41 PM

(11-14-2009, 07:52 PM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: [quote author=Spore link=topic=2964.msg122480#msg122480 date=1258237013]

[/quote]
There were cod4 servers that GOT RID OF THAT??  :o

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
2.4mb sig ノ(ಠ‿‿ಠノ)            (╯ಠ‿‿ಠ)╯︵bıs qɯ4˙2
Squishy3
Closet Furry

11-14-2009, 10:43 PM

(11-14-2009, 10:41 PM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=Versus-pwny- link=topic=2964.msg122500#msg122500 date=1258246371]
[quote author=Spore link=topic=2964.msg122480#msg122480 date=1258237013]

[/quote]
There were cod4 servers that GOT RID OF THAT??  :o
[/quote]I've only been killed by a grenade launcher attachment twice. ur doing it wrong

Bonesinger
BRB, Posting

11-15-2009, 04:00 AM

I hate everyone that uses Stopping Power, M16, and or the Famas. Seriously, fuck you. You're not "MLG" because you can use a one shot kill hitscan weapon. Be a fucking man and use throwing knives only. I'm so upset they left Stopping Power as a regular perk. They should have made it a death streak like the other abominations Juggernaut and Martyrdom.

I would really recommend Third Person Mode to anyone who hasn't tried it. It's the better version of SOCOM :o
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2009, 04:09 AM by Bonesinger.)
Maxon
BRB, Posting

11-15-2009, 04:21 AM

3rd person gets annoying when people just start to hug corners and wait for people to come out lol

And am I just missing something with the Javelin?  Why, out of 5 tries, does it hit only once?  Usually harriers and the attack choppers are easy stinger fodder, but the Javelin just launches into the air, kinda just flies around and then wander off? My first try, the fucker went up, kept going up, and then pretty much turned and hit the building, killing me.  I know i have to wait for it to lock, and I do, but I can't seem to make it useful.  Am I missing some part, cause there doesn't seem to be anything to do once it launches.

*EDIT*
Found something on it...

"Fire and forget missile, automatic self-guidance"

Fire and forget my ass.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2009, 04:27 AM by Maxon.)
Versus

11-15-2009, 04:21 AM

cold blooded/cold blooded pro > stopping power/stopping power pro anyway, from the description

from the descriptions, i'd pick bling, cold blooded, and ninja.

god dammit IW. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Maxon
BRB, Posting

11-15-2009, 04:25 AM

Cold Blooded is really nice.  Pro makes it so your name won't pop up and it says something about a crosshair, which I'm guessing that maybe it won't tell people if their hits register on you.  Then combine that with ninja pro which takes you off heartbeat sensor and your steps are silent, your a very deadly person, heh.  I've just been using stopping power to level it up, but it can be helpful with the weaker automatics, though the pro is totally useless when all it does is damage cars faster.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
Bonesinger
BRB, Posting

11-15-2009, 05:12 AM

I understand that stopping power would be helpfull if you were using the Vector, USP, M9, ect. But with just about every other gun it's complete overkill. Lightweight, Marathon Pro, and Commando Pro make for an awesome knife/stealth class. I never really saw a purpose of Ninja outside of Search and Destroy.
Versus

11-15-2009, 05:51 AM

maxon: and then add a nice silenced high power weapon >:)

what weapons can you put a silencer on anyway

cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

11-15-2009, 12:44 PM

(11-15-2009, 05:12 AM)Bonesinger link Wrote: I understand that stopping power would be helpfull if you were using the Vector, USP, M9, ect. But with just about every other gun it's complete overkill. Lightweight, Marathon Pro, and Commando Pro make for an awesome knife/stealth class. I never really saw a purpose of Ninja outside of Search and Destroy.

Because you aren't a sniper.

All those perks combined with Walther's WA2000 with a silencer = unstoppable cbre  ;D

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

11-15-2009, 01:00 PM

Suck it long, suck it hard

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
ThunderStain
Lurker

11-15-2009, 04:23 PM

Im having alot of fun playing it so far, ive already made my first friend!

if you want to kill yourself get a dog. it is impossible to let down a dog.
copulatingduck

11-18-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:Apparently they are able to hack the server and send virus/trojans to people, in the process they run aimbot in the game, and send a non tagged member to the other team to TK.

quite a story those guys are.

This was the trojan they were trying to send;

TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen

So is this IW idea of a joke when iwnet is suppose to be hack free when yet its probably less secure then a Windows 98 system with no protection?

[S]Source

ignore me, I like to copy-paste things bashing MW2 before reading through them. This may or may not be legit, worth a read if you play the game I suppose

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2009, 03:18 PM by copulatingduck.)
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

11-18-2009, 03:37 PM

(11-18-2009, 03:10 PM)CopulatingDuck link Wrote:
Quote:Apparently they are able to hack the server and send virus/trojans to people, in the process they run aimbot in the game, and send a non tagged member to the other team to TK.

quite a story those guys are.

This was the trojan they were trying to send;

TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen

So is this IW idea of a joke when iwnet is suppose to be hack free when yet its probably less secure then a Windows 98 system with no protection?

[S]Source

ignore me, I like to copy-paste things bashing MW2 before reading through them. This may or may not be legit, worth a read if you play the game I suppose

Actually if IWNet creates any temp files on a host or other player's machines during play it might be possible to spread a trojan. Sending an "untagged" clan mate to another team to TK is old hat and can happen in any FPS anywhere, you just have much less control with IWNet so no admins to boot problem players. Aimbots are also old hat and the thought that any online system is going to be hack free is fanciful thinking.

There was recently an exploit in TF2 where if you were using the Fake Players SM Plugin someone could download the server.cfg file from your server...or really any file they wanted, but the CFG file had the all important rcon password.

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel