Hello There, Guest! Register

Valve speaks
Fail Medic
Actually made of WIN

09-03-2009, 06:10 PM

The halo is horrible.  It's a goddamn lock-on reticle for all people who want to kill you.  I was going to challenge people to question my sexuality by putting it on all classes except spy, but fuck it, I'm not going to make myself easier to kill than I already am.
Honest
Ignoooore Meee, kupo

09-03-2009, 06:33 PM

(09-03-2009, 06:10 PM)Fail Rose link Wrote: The halo is horrible.  It's a goddamn lock-on reticle for all people who want to kill you.  I was going to challenge people to question my sexuality by putting it on all classes except spy, but fuck it, I'm not going to make myself easier to kill than I already am.

I just spent 10 minutes laughing at a spy for saying I was hacking 'cause I could find him while cloaked with the halo on.

Halo is amazing. <3 Keep wearing it you moral highgrounders.

(05-10-2009, 07:39 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote:in the straightest way possible i have to say honest is by far the best looking person here

Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

09-03-2009, 06:38 PM

This is only annoying because people on both sides are acting like fucking retards.  Valve didn't even do anything to fuck with the actual gameplay this time.  Just shut the hell up already.

Also saw someone get the Spy Beardcam last nite, it's awesome.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
KorJax
BRB, Posting

09-03-2009, 07:08 PM

(09-03-2009, 08:56 AM)Mr. Face link Wrote: Hat = TF2's Coccaine

+1

I laughed because it's sooo true.

[Image: a731e9e08c48b218b111e3275e851e8e.gif]
backfire
Uninstalling

09-03-2009, 07:15 PM

I just wear the halo because it's my only hat. If people are that upset that they think who wears the "faglo" are only out to insult them, let em.

Also, that's another thing. Why do people call it 'faglo'? That's just idiotic. I mean, call it the 'gaylo'. That rolls of the tongue easier.

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
2.4mb sig ノ(ಠ‿‿ಠノ)            (╯ಠ‿‿ಠ)╯︵bıs qɯ4˙2
Fail Medic
Actually made of WIN

09-03-2009, 07:22 PM

(09-03-2009, 07:15 PM)backfire link Wrote: Also, that's another thing. Why do people call it 'faglo'? That's just idiotic. I mean, call it the 'gaylo'. That rolls of the tongue easier.

Or what about the "fail-o".
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

09-03-2009, 07:47 PM

yeah anyone who blatantly discriminates against people who wear, or don't wear the halo's will be warned and kicked.

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Darklink
BRB, Posting

09-03-2009, 08:44 PM

if it matters it tagged me and I haven't idled in at least a month

my hat is still there as far as i know too (got it form idler)

to make you all happy beast guitar player

http://www.youtube.com/user/kentcarlevi

[Image: 2uthqip.png]
zaneyard

09-03-2009, 09:11 PM

(09-03-2009, 08:44 PM)darrrk link Wrote: if it matters it tagged me and I haven't idled in at least a month

my hat is still there as far as i know too (got it form idler)

to make you all happy beast guitar player

http://www.youtube.com/user/kentcarlevi
BA!

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Squishy3
Closet Furry

09-03-2009, 09:14 PM

(09-03-2009, 06:38 PM)Wedge link Wrote: This is only annoying because people on both sides are acting like fucking retards.  Valve didn't even do anything to fuck with the actual gameplay this time.  Just shut the hell up already.

I've been thinking most TF2ers lately have been retarded anyway, so it's nothing new.

Darklink
BRB, Posting

09-03-2009, 09:21 PM

(09-03-2009, 09:14 PM)Squishy3 link Wrote: [quote author=Wedge link=topic=3552.msg110872#msg110872 date=1252021081]
This is only annoying because people on both sides are acting like fucking retards.  Valve didn't even do anything to fuck with the actual gameplay this time.  Just shut the hell up already.

I've been thinking most TF2ers lately have been retarded anyway, so it's nothing new.
[/quote]I don't blame anyone TF2 is a retarded game.

also we bad boys that are idling:

Van Halen - Spanked Line (1991-08-16)

[Image: 2uthqip.png]
Kenny Strife
Lurker

09-03-2009, 09:26 PM

Personally I think this sums it up pretty well.

Hitler finds out about the halo in TF2

[Image: nicetochildren.jpg]
Benito Mussolini
1 More!

09-03-2009, 10:04 PM

(09-03-2009, 02:11 PM)Tim link Wrote: so i had this crazy dream. i dreamed people used an exterior program to get around a really stupid drop system and then some dumbasses got mad and deleted peoples hats. not even valve could be this dumb what a wierd dream right guys
Weird.

I had a crazy dream too!

[Image: radiohalo.jpg]

Crazy, isn't it?

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
Spore
2 guys, no cups necessary

09-03-2009, 10:07 PM

(09-03-2009, 03:44 PM)ribozyme link Wrote: [quote author=Demitros link=topic=3552.msg110826#msg110826 date=1252008882]
They could have handled it harder.  I know it says some where that they don't support third party something or the others.

Anyways, they did a good job at alienating 4.5% of their gaming population.  They is something they could have foreseen, given their demographic.  A random system for giving out high demand items was the start of a bad idea.  That aside, it sucks that something that was supposed to be fun turned out this way.  Now they're getting flamed all over the place.

I personally think they did good with TF2 and would like to continue to give them that credit so they don't get discouraged since they REALLY listen to their gamers.  This is also an issue that I could not give less of a shit about.  Seriously.

Normal level's two shits?  I've got like.. a third of one going on.

E. Restrictions.

Except as otherwise permitted under Section 2© with regard to the SDK, you may not, in whole or in part, copy, photocopy, reproduce, translate, reverse engineer, derive source code, modify, disassemble, decompile, create derivative works based on, or remove any proprietary notices or labels from the Steam Software or any software accessed via Steam without the prior consent, in writing, of Valve.

You are entitled to use the Steam Software for your own use, but you are not entitled to: (i) sell, grant a security interest in or transfer reproductions of the Steam Software to other parties in any way, nor to rent, lease or license the Steam Software to others without the prior written consent of Valve; (ii) host or provide matchmaking services for the Steam Software or emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Valve in any network feature of the Steam Software, through protocol emulation, tunneling, modifying or adding components to the Steam Software, use of a utility program or any other techniques now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose including, but not limited to network play over the Internet, network play utilizing commercial or non-commercial gaming networks or as part of content aggregation networks, without the prior written consent of Valve; or (iii) exploit the Steam Software or any of its parts for any commercial purpose.

[/quote]

+1. This basically destroys any arguments against Valve not telling people that they didn't want idling. They all agreed to it when they installed Steam. I don't give a fuck if they didn't read it, they agreed to it and should be glad all they are losing are a few hats that do not change the gameplay and some weapons you will get back if you do the achievements.

Feeling generous? Karf is a respectable human being. http://i.imgur.com/MTVw5.png
Thank you, Mr. Pelican.
Badgerman of DOOM
I Stand in Spitter Goo

09-03-2009, 10:13 PM

(09-03-2009, 10:07 PM)Spore link Wrote: [quote author=ribozyme link=topic=3552.msg110835#msg110835 date=1252010652]
[quote author=Demitros link=topic=3552.msg110826#msg110826 date=1252008882]
They could have handled it harder.  I know it says some where that they don't support third party something or the others.

Anyways, they did a good job at alienating 4.5% of their gaming population.  They is something they could have foreseen, given their demographic.  A random system for giving out high demand items was the start of a bad idea.  That aside, it sucks that something that was supposed to be fun turned out this way.  Now they're getting flamed all over the place.

I personally think they did good with TF2 and would like to continue to give them that credit so they don't get discouraged since they REALLY listen to their gamers.  This is also an issue that I could not give less of a shit about.  Seriously.

Normal level's two shits?  I've got like.. a third of one going on.

E. Restrictions.

Except as otherwise permitted under Section 2© with regard to the SDK, you may not, in whole or in part, copy, photocopy, reproduce, translate, reverse engineer, derive source code, modify, disassemble, decompile, create derivative works based on, or remove any proprietary notices or labels from the Steam Software or any software accessed via Steam without the prior consent, in writing, of Valve.

You are entitled to use the Steam Software for your own use, but you are not entitled to: (i) sell, grant a security interest in or transfer reproductions of the Steam Software to other parties in any way, nor to rent, lease or license the Steam Software to others without the prior written consent of Valve; (ii) host or provide matchmaking services for the Steam Software or emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Valve in any network feature of the Steam Software, through protocol emulation, tunneling, modifying or adding components to the Steam Software, use of a utility program or any other techniques now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose including, but not limited to network play over the Internet, network play utilizing commercial or non-commercial gaming networks or as part of content aggregation networks, without the prior written consent of Valve; or (iii) exploit the Steam Software or any of its parts for any commercial purpose.

[/quote]

+1. This basically destroys any arguments against Valve not telling people that they didn't want idling. They all agreed to it when they installed Steam. I don't give a fuck if they didn't read it, they agreed to it and should be glad all they are losing are a few hats that do not change the gameplay and some weapons you will get back if you do the achievements.
[/quote]

It doesn't stop it from being a dick move, especially when the creator of the idler asked Valve if they wanted him to shut it down and the just said that they "didn't approve" of it.

Benito Mussolini
1 More!

09-03-2009, 10:16 PM

(09-03-2009, 10:13 PM)Coordinator Ruby link Wrote: It doesn't stop it from being a dick move, especially when the creator of the idler asked Valve if they wanted him to shut it down and the just said that they "didn't approve" of it.

You forget one thing, though.
That dick move will make you cry every single time you'll see my glowing crown when I'll kill you.
I bet VALV[sup]E[/sup] would approve of that

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
ZargonX
Hit em with a Splersh

09-03-2009, 10:32 PM

I find it utterly amazing that people who downloaded a 3rd party application designed to waste time for them for the sole purpose of getting a virtual hat with no impact on gameplay somehow consider people who didn't do that "fags."

Spectacle Rock - Witty Slogan Here
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

09-03-2009, 10:33 PM

(09-03-2009, 10:32 PM)ZargonX link Wrote: I find it utterly amazing that people who downloaded a 3rd party application designed to waste time for them for the sole purpose of getting a virtual hat with no impact on gameplay somehow consider people who didn't do that "fags."
This is how I feel. I never even got a hat anyways, so what's the problem? They've increased the droprate, which is what we've wanted, right?
zaneyard

09-03-2009, 10:45 PM

somehow i think this discussion needs to be over
"valve is stupid" "idlers all stupid" "'moralfags' are stupid"
who gives a fuck, go back to enjoying the game

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Moosendoo
"Keep your shit tight"

09-03-2009, 10:50 PM

I honestly don't see why anybody is upset about this.  Those who idled didn't really get punished, and those who didn't idle got a silly novelty item.  So many people blew this so far out of proportion - I was kind of chuckling as I read the blog post; sounded like the typical sarcastic/witty, TF2-esque response I would have expected, not like something that was punishing or demeaning like a bunch of people are making it seem.

[Image: j6T5hLk.gif]