Hello There, Guest! Register

Sniper Update Next + Update for all classes?
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

05-05-2009, 06:37 PM

k dark your a fool, i will never be using theese sniper weapons and i still have a right to bitch, just cause im not using them doesnt mean every other fucktard out there isnt, remeber the backburner pre nerf? yeah fuck you.

Scary Womanizing Pig Mask
Fierce Pork Trooper

05-05-2009, 06:43 PM

(05-05-2009, 06:22 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: Hey, updates?
*ahem*
"OMG UPDATES THAT WILL PROBABLY SUCK BECAUSE YOU KNOW IM TOO SCARED TO GET JUST A LITTLE BIT CLOSER COME ON VALVE RUIN THE GAME MORE BY BRINGING IN STUPID UPDATES YOU STUPID... STUPIDS"

Seriously. If you don't like the update, JUST STAY WITH THE DAMN ORIGINAL WEAPONS. Stop being retards and stop whining. It's an update for people who CAN'T snipe (ex. ME). Jeez.

(goes to watch karma)

It's not the weapons that irk me (we still no next to nothing about them) so much as the thought process behind them about it being "frustrating and unfair" to get killed long range. Of course it's frustrating, the point of the Sniper is to make you rage. Valve has done a great job of keeping the sniper annoying, but not broken and I worry they'll fuck that up. That and customziable outfits. I like the uniformity of TF2, I don't want to see Pyros with wizard hat's and what have you.

What do I know though, all I play now is Pokemon :3

Chief
BRB, Posting

05-05-2009, 06:53 PM

(05-05-2009, 06:37 PM)Dave link Wrote: k dark your a fool, i will never be using theese sniper weapons and i still have a right to bitch, just cause im not using them doesnt mean every other fucktard out there isnt, remeber the backburner pre nerf? yeah fuck you.
Obviously I am the fool. I just cannot grasp the true FPS gamer which is obviously inside of you, and not me.

I don't care about rights to bitching, I'm just saying you bitch at everything that Valve puts out. They go, they put stuff out, and they're obviously trying to improve on the game. Instead of being like "OMG valve broke the game stupid assholes" actually put some comment into it.

The argument here is that Sniper is supposed to be a long-range character to make you rage, but the problem is people who can't snipe properly. Valve did a great job on the Sniper weapon that you have to charge it for more damage. Like I said earlier, a great example is me. Once in a while I'll get those miracle shots and hit someone in the head, but most of the time I have to charge and aim for the body because I'll miss. Bringing in a weapon that has the Sniper go closer will make it easier to snipe (or whatever it is), and make this class more used by me.

Responding to your reply, I totally agree that the Backburner's +50 health was completely unfair. But WHY is what I'm trying to ask, like the points shown above. It was unfair because they could easily take out sentries, they were faster and stronger than a Soldier (which is confusing) as well as a Demoman and on top of that they had instant crits from behind. A bit broken. I didn't say "OMG WTF +50 HEALTH IS FUCKING GAY REMOVE IT VALVE STUPID" but I rather provide points and an argument.

Can you see it now? Just provide points and an argument instead of ten words saying Valve sucks. It's getting annoying to see it constantly whenever an update is shown or released.

Dave

05-05-2009, 06:58 PM

nah, this isnt an update to help shit snipers, read it twatend, its to let the people that are killed by the snipers, know why they are killed by snipers, and to give them the chance to do something about it, they say that clearly like 8 times.

Chief
BRB, Posting

05-05-2009, 07:02 PM

Still an unlockable weapon that puts the Sniper closer to action, possibly with better aiming for people like me. Only time will tell. Argument of both sides still stand - Sniper is supposed to be long range, the weapon might help people who can't aim.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

05-05-2009, 07:10 PM

(05-05-2009, 06:58 PM)Dave link Wrote: nah, this isnt an update to help shit snipers, read it twatend, its to let the people that are killed by the snipers, know why they are killed by snipers, and to give them the chance to do something about it, they say that clearly like 8 times.

It's both.  Just because they talk about bringing Snipers into the action so people know who they are fighting, it's not gonna stop snipers to "act like pussies in the back and kill shit."  They aren't forcing snipers into the middle with pyro's and heavies, they are just giving those who aren't headshot sniper material a new weapon option to try if they aren't great at popping off heads.  Sniper is one of the few classes that have a normal weapon aside from scout and there are people that like that more, but become nothing but counter-snipe fodder.  A medium range weapon to get them closer gives people options.  Not like they are gonna get a shotgun or uzi or something.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
Scary Womanizing Pig Mask
Fierce Pork Trooper

05-05-2009, 07:14 PM

(05-05-2009, 06:53 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: The argument here is that Sniper is supposed to be a long-range character to make you rage, but the problem is people who can't snipe properly. Valve did a great job on the Sniper weapon that you have to charge it for more damage. Like I said earlier, a great example is me. Once in a while I'll get those miracle shots and hit someone in the head, but most of the time I have to charge and aim for the body because I'll miss. Bringing in a weapon that has the Sniper go closer will make it easier to snipe (or whatever it is), and make this class more used by me.

While I agree that it's a bit to preemptive to talk about valve ruining the game, but saying the Sniper should get more close range options because some people aren't good at sniping is just absurd.  That's the point of the class, and if your not good at it (I know I'm not), don't play it. That's like tweaking the Spy so he has more direct fighitng options and doesn't have to sneak around. Class have strengths and weakness, and while some roles need to be expanded or modified, for the most part the balance is pretty solid, and Valve's greatest failures (Backburner and Sandman) have been when they tried to change the fundamental class balance like that.

bjlsurfer
Lurker

05-05-2009, 07:38 PM

(05-05-2009, 06:18 PM)Maxon link Wrote: Maybe the idea of a M14 or some sort of Iron Sight or minor zoom semi-auto rifle is a possibility to keep it a Sniper weapon, but allows for more medium range action.  I think it'll be fun, but I'm not so pessimistic about every update :\
This.  And if done right I don't think this is a bad thing; there really isn't just a straight-up medium-long range weapon in TF2.  I mean, there's the rocket launcher and pipe bomb, and the Scout/Engie pistol, but I think this thing is gonna fill the spot that the Battle Rifle in Halo fills.  Could be the best primary weapon unlock yet. 
JoKeRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Lurker

05-05-2009, 08:33 PM

if it doesn't retain the headshot criticals i won't bother with it
Maxon
BRB, Posting

05-05-2009, 08:37 PM

(05-05-2009, 07:14 PM)Scary Womanizing Pig Mask link Wrote: While I agree that it's a bit to preemptive to talk about valve ruining the game, but saying the Sniper should get more close range options because some people aren't good at sniping is just absurd.  That's the point of the class, and if your not good at it (I know I'm not), don't play it. That's like tweaking the Spy so he has more direct fighitng options and doesn't have to sneak around. Class have strengths and weakness, and while some roles need to be expanded or modified, for the most part the balance is pretty solid, and Valve's greatest failures (Backburner and Sandman) have been when they tried to change the fundamental class balance like that.

I still think they'll keep the sniper off the frontlines where the pyro or soldier might be, but mid range in front of the normal long distance snipers. With all the updates, no class has been so completely altered that the new weapons totally changed their play style or altered the class to be something different.  Nothing wrong with giving snipers an option to move up some and to participate more in the action.  A great medium range weapon would definitely be a change of pace.  Where one sniper can play long distance to pick off people, the second one with the new rifle can push up with the team and do some quick fire stuff.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
Benito Mussolini
1 More!

05-05-2009, 09:04 PM

Too many posts with more than 3 lines of text... skipped them all...

All I have to say is

I WANT AN AWP.

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
Honest
Ignoooore Meee, kupo

05-05-2009, 09:06 PM

(05-05-2009, 09:04 PM)Benito Mussolini link Wrote: Too many posts with more than 3 lines of text... skipped them all...

All I have to say is

I WANT AN AWP.

Charge that body shot then.

(05-10-2009, 07:39 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote:in the straightest way possible i have to say honest is by far the best looking person here

cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

05-05-2009, 09:17 PM

It irks me when I have them in my sights for a perfect headshot and the fucker jumps causing a body shot kill..and then they whine that I bodyshotted them coughdavecough.

Benito Mussolini
1 More!

05-05-2009, 09:22 PM

(05-05-2009, 09:17 PM)cbre88x link Wrote: It irks me when I have them in my sights for a perfect headshot and the fucker jumps causing a body shot kill..and then they whine that I bodyshotted them coughdavecough.

You alright? Need a glass of water?

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

05-06-2009, 02:00 AM

i like bacon

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
backfire
Uninstalling

05-06-2009, 03:15 AM

(05-06-2009, 02:00 AM)zaneyard link Wrote: i like bacon

Bacon's overrated.

Now Canadian Bacon on the other hand...

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
2.4mb sig ノ(ಠ‿‿ಠノ)            (╯ಠ‿‿ಠ)╯︵bıs qɯ4˙2
Dave

05-06-2009, 06:46 AM

(05-05-2009, 09:17 PM)cbre88x link Wrote: It irks me when I have them in my sights for a perfect headshot and the fucker jumps causing a body shot kill..and then they whine that I bodyshotted them coughdavecough.

should use a real gun in the first place.

KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

05-06-2009, 09:01 AM

(05-06-2009, 03:15 AM)backfire link Wrote: [quote author=zaneyard link=topic=2612.msg80843#msg80843 date=1241593239]
i like bacon

Bacon's overrated.

[/quote]
This thread is now about the most delicious of all meats.
Honest
Ignoooore Meee, kupo

05-06-2009, 09:19 AM

(05-06-2009, 09:01 AM)Karf the Walrus link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=2612.msg80846#msg80846 date=1241597719]
[quote author=zaneyard link=topic=2612.msg80843#msg80843 date=1241593239]
i like bacon

Bacon's overrated.

[/quote]
This thread is now about the most delicious of all meats.
[/quote]

P...no. No that's too obvious.

(05-10-2009, 07:39 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote:in the straightest way possible i have to say honest is by far the best looking person here

copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

05-06-2009, 09:31 AM

new sniper rifle should automagically crater crouchjump-fags. would be at least as funny as the baseball  :Smile :Smile :Smile

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these