Hello There, Guest! Register

Blaz Blue.
Squishy3
Closet Furry

06-30-2009, 09:49 AM

Picking this up today. I know I saw Wedge post on a dtoid article about how he's not happy that it's $60 now, but it's a limited edition for the first manufacturing run for standard price. Anybody else interested?

Also essentially it's the spiritual successor to Guilty Gear (awesome fighting game) in case anybody cares.

Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

06-30-2009, 10:32 AM

We have it on arcades here, I play it at least once a week. It's a shame i can't afford it in consoles :<

If you like Fighting games, you'll enjoy it. It's a tad more complex than SFIV but if you've played Guilty Gear Before you'll enjoy it.
I still have to play this to judge how well it plays, since it's a port and i haven't seen decent ports since the Dreamcast (SFIV and Tatsunoko vs Capcom doesn't count)

Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

06-30-2009, 11:18 AM

Yeah don't really care about the SE stuff, I've had the soundtrack downloaded forever c.c'

I do wanna pick it up when it comes down in price though, it looks a lot more fun than SF IV.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

06-30-2009, 12:34 PM

If it's anything like Guilty Gear it's complex.

Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

06-30-2009, 05:06 PM

Oh from the sounds of it, it's even more complex than Guilty Gear.  But I never learned how you were supposed to play and it was still fucking fun as hell because of all the awesome shit you could do anyways.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
Squishy3
Closet Furry

06-30-2009, 06:12 PM

Guilty Gear and BlazBlue are both kinder to button mashers than SFIV or KoF are, as just 4 jabs leads into a standard combo. But it's very hard to master. I'm mostly playing Noel, Bang and Ragna, and some of Noel's bread and butter combos are ridiculous. One involves forward jab->whiff a throw, jab, whiff a throw, jab, whiff a throw, jab, go into her drive attack for around a 15 hit combo. and that's just simple bread and butter. This game's pretty awesome, online is good, it'll lag when it says "The wheel of fate is turning", but by the time it gets to "Round 1, fight" it smoothes up. I guess it's just precaching during "The wheel of fate is turning"

It's definitely fun, there's more margin for error, but with barrier breaks and some of the other things it can get really technical and real mind-gamey. one reason why I like SFIV is it really causes you to think about what you're going to do and if your opponent is expecting it, so it's always fun fucking with their minds in that.

also swpm I don't remember if you own a psp or not but it also has remote play on the ps3 version. which is cool, if it's done well.

K2
BRB, Posting

07-01-2009, 11:21 PM

(06-30-2009, 11:18 AM)Wedge link Wrote: I do wanna pick it up when it comes down in price though, it looks a lot more fun than SF IV.

This. I really like fighting games, but I don't ever have anyone to play against (and I'm too cheap for a Gold subscription).
Squishy3
Closet Furry

07-02-2009, 12:34 AM

(07-01-2009, 11:21 PM)K2 link Wrote: [quote author=Wedge link=topic=3184.msg93644#msg93644 date=1246378685]
I do wanna pick it up when it comes down in price though, it looks a lot more fun than SF IV.

This. I really like fighting games, but I don't ever have anyone to play against (and I'm too cheap for a Gold subscription).
[/quote]I don't know where you live, but check out shoryuken.com and typically there's a thread for each somewhat big city in the regional areas and a lot of people hold weekly gatherings. midwest, etc.

edit: checked the where do you live thread and there are some gatherings in Iowa. http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=193455

(This post was last modified: 07-02-2009, 12:38 AM by Squishy3.)
Scary Womanizing Pig Mask
Fierce Pork Trooper

07-02-2009, 12:51 AM

(06-30-2009, 06:12 PM)Squishy3 link Wrote: also swpm I don't remember if you own a psp or not but it also has remote play on the ps3 version. which is cool, if it's done well.

:O Thanks for the tip off! But, could you remind me what that means >.< Is it just downloading it for portable play, or some fancy interatction ala Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles?

Yeah, everyone on Dtoid was splooging about it and it really is gorgeous. Looks a bit complex for me, but I trust Squishy when it comes to fighters so I think I'll give it a shot!

Squishy3
Closet Furry

07-02-2009, 01:52 AM

(07-02-2009, 12:51 AM)Scary Womanizing Pig Mask link Wrote: [quote author=Squishy3 link=topic=3184.msg93792#msg93792 date=1246403521]
also swpm I don't remember if you own a psp or not but it also has remote play on the ps3 version. which is cool, if it's done well.

:O Thanks for the tip off! But, could you remind me what that means >.< Is it just downloading it for portable play, or some fancy interatction ala Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles?

Yeah, everyone on Dtoid was splooging about it and it really is gorgeous. Looks a bit complex for me, but I trust Squishy when it comes to fighters so I think I'll give it a shot!
[/quote]It's more friendly to newer players but hard to master and if you buy it now it comes with a bonus disc explaining the basics of the game and some basic combos for each character and the soundtrack. Portable play lets you connect your PSP to play your PS3 games on your PS3 as long as you have an internet connection if I remember right. Pixeljunk Eden allows this.

Vongore

07-02-2009, 08:24 AM

GAME HAS HORRIBLE SLOWDOWNS

...sometmes...doesn't bother much, because it's only when finishing a combo... BUT THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN ON THE ARCADE!!!!11!!!1 Wuuurst gaaame evuuur

No, seriously, they annoy a bit. The game port doesn't suck like most PS2 fighting game ports, in fact, it's pretty good, but still not Dreamcast-quality

Squishy3
Closet Furry

07-02-2009, 10:53 AM

(07-02-2009, 08:24 AM)The Chilean Crusher link Wrote: GAME HAS HORRIBLE SLOWDOWNS

...sometmes...doesn't bother much, because it's only when finishing a combo... BUT THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN ON THE ARCADE!!!!11!!!1 Wuuurst gaaame evuuur

No, seriously, they annoy a bit. The game port doesn't suck like most PS2 fighting game ports, in fact, it's pretty good, but still not Dreamcast-quality
it's not that big a deal, you want to see a bad port, look at arcana heart 2

Vongore

07-02-2009, 02:22 PM

BTW, using this thread to not make another one

Have you tried Vanguard Princess? It's another fighting game made with FM by the same team that brought us Million Knight Vermilion, the only difference is that this version doesn't suck.
It's got the same awesome artstyle, new gameplay and not even one slowdown with it's awesomly high FPS. You should all go and download it :3 (Also, it contains Loli helpers, which are really important to the gameplay)

Also, i forgive Arcana Heart just for having a character like Kira

Evil Cheese
Sad Keeanu

07-02-2009, 05:32 PM

I will be buy BlazBlue for the PS3 once I return to the States. It looks mind-blowingly awesome and I can't wait to try it out.
Squishy3
Closet Furry

07-02-2009, 08:47 PM

(07-02-2009, 02:22 PM)The Chilean Crusher link Wrote: BTW, using this thread to not make another one

Have you tried Vanguard Princess? It's another fighting game made with FM by the same team that brought us Million Knight Vermilion, the only difference is that this version doesn't suck.
It's got the same awesome artstyle, new gameplay and not even one slowdown with it's awesomly high FPS. You should all go and download it :3 (Also, it contains Loli helpers, which are really important to the gameplay)

Jesus Christ vongore you act like everybody has access to an arcade with BlazBlue. Also, over the lifetime that BlazBlue would probably have, it'd cost more to go to an arcade and play it than owning a port. I'd rather own a decent port than have to spend gas money to go to an arcade, and money to spend on the arcade machine itself. The port is good enough, this pisses me off as much as "No Mai, No Buy." Leave it alone and I'll enjoy my port while you enjoy your arcade version that'll cost you more money overtime.

Vongore

07-02-2009, 08:51 PM

(07-02-2009, 08:47 PM)Squishy3 link Wrote: [quote author=The Chilean Crusher link=topic=3184.msg94292#msg94292 date=1246562528]

Jesus Christ vongore you act like everybody has access to an arcade with BlazBlue. Also, over the lifetime that BlazBlue would probably have, it'd cost more to go to an arcade and play it than owning a port. I'd rather own a decent port than have to spend gas money to go to an arcade, and money to spend on the arcade machine itself. The port is good enough, this pisses me off as much as "No Mai, No Buy." Leave it alone and I'll enjoy my port while you enjoy your arcade version that'll cost you more money overtime.
[/quote]

D: i didn't talked about BlazBlue on that post. I was just talking about that Doujin circle, and that game that sucked i mentioned was Million Knight Vermillion, not the port. As i said, the port is good, not dreamcast good but better that the PS2 ones

Don't hurt me Squish :<

Also, i found that "no Mai, no buy" thing pathetic

Squishy3
Closet Furry

07-02-2009, 11:23 PM

(07-02-2009, 08:51 PM)The Chilean Crusher link Wrote: [quote author=Squishy3 link=topic=3184.msg94376#msg94376 date=1246585643]
[quote author=The Chilean Crusher link=topic=3184.msg94292#msg94292 date=1246562528]

[/quote]

D: i didn't talked about BlazBlue on that post. I was just talking about that Doujin circle, and that game that sucked i mentioned was Million Knight Vermillion, not the port. As i said, the port is good, not dreamcast good but better that the PS2 ones

Don't hurt me Squish :<

Also, i found that "no Mai, no buy" thing pathetic
[/quote]when you said "except it doesn't suck" I thought you meant like BlazBlue. ps BlazBlue isn't the only game that has slowdown when you do combos, any version of SF2 has slowdown when you end a combo with a fireball. SFIV has slowdown on certain stages when you're ending a combo. NeoGeo Battle Coliseum has slowdown on most of the stages when you're doing combos. The slowdown in BlazBlue is very small compared to the slowdown in the games I've mentioned. It doesn't mess any of my combos up, it doesn't mess up the combos of a GG player I know that's going to Japan to compete in the GG America vs Japan tournament.(and as I'm sure you know BlazBlue is just GG evolved.)

Tragic Hero
Too Asexual For A Custom Title

07-06-2009, 09:23 PM

Pretty good fighting game.  So far Jin is my favorite character (although hes quite sadistic it seems). 

Plus can anyone explain how the story works?  I beat the story with Jin but it said only 50% complete.  Are there some conditions I have to meet during the story or do I just have to beat it with more people to progress more?
Squishy3
Closet Furry

07-06-2009, 09:54 PM

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessag...c=50235440

Complete story mode paths.

what system do you have it for Tragic?

(This post was last modified: 07-06-2009, 09:57 PM by Squishy3.)
Tragic Hero
Too Asexual For A Custom Title

07-06-2009, 10:09 PM

(07-06-2009, 09:54 PM)Squishy3 link Wrote: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessag...c=50235440

Complete story mode paths.

what system do you have it for Tragic?

Ps3. 

And thanks for the link