Hello There, Guest! Register

Street Fighter 4 PC
[fr31ns]Karrde
The Handy Murse

07-09-2009, 05:25 PM

So anyone else buy this?  Haven't been assed to set up games for windows live yet, but I'm really happy with the way this is working out so far.  Can't play it on max settings, but it still looks pretty as hell the way I have it set.  Did I mention it's fun as hell?  Too bad I can't get it up to MVC speeds though.  Maybe they'll patch it in.

<+Karrde> welp, time to learn some basic patterning skills
<@Negate> 12121212121212121212
<@Negate> there is a simple pattern
<+Karrde> I changed my mind.  Gonna cosplay as a gay demon from hell and get negate raped instead XD
<+Caffeine`work> Karrde: Gay demon? Why would you need to cosplay just go as yourself
<+FlyingMongoose> Caffeine`work: Karrde would actually have to tone it down some.
Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

07-09-2009, 07:21 PM

sry, already have it for 360 :3

Spore
2 guys, no cups necessary

07-09-2009, 07:30 PM

I'll probably get it sooner or later. Most likely when I build a new PC. I'll also be sure to grab a gamepad of some sort.

Feeling generous? Karf is a respectable human being. http://i.imgur.com/MTVw5.png
Thank you, Mr. Pelican.
Squishy3
Closet Furry

07-09-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:Karrde link=topic=3245.msg96070#msg96070 date=1247178318]
So anyone else buy this?  Haven't been assed to set up games for windows live yet, but I'm really happy with the way this is working out so far.  Can't play it on max settings, but it still looks pretty as hell the way I have it set.  Did I mention it's fun as hell?  Too bad I can't get it up to MVC speeds though.  Maybe they'll patch it in.
when I tried the benchmark I had it running at anywhere from 70-80 FPS with everything on high. (10-20 FPS faster than the console version)

also spore if you buy it retail now it comes with a fightpad. (which is EXCELLENT for a pad.) it's $60. You're essentially paying $39.99 for the game and $19.99 for the fightpad.

also for people scared by the original ports of Capcom games like RE4 and the original Lost Planet (not Colonies) it's improved a ton because before they outsourced but they do all the ports in-house now.

Spore
2 guys, no cups necessary

07-09-2009, 07:54 PM

(07-09-2009, 07:36 PM)Squishy3 link Wrote: [quote author=[fr31ns]Karrde link=topic=3245.msg96070#msg96070 date=1247178318]
when I tried the benchmark I had it running at anywhere from 70-80 FPS with everything on high. (10-20 FPS faster than the console version)

also spore if you buy it retail now it comes with a fightpad. (which is EXCELLENT for a pad.) it's $60. You're essentially paying $39.99 for the game and $19.99 for the fightpad.

also for people scared by the original ports of Capcom games like RE4 and the original Lost Planet (not Colonies) it's improved a ton because before they outsourced but they do all the ports in-house now.
[/quote]

Well, I'll just wait until I get a new computer at the end of the year. It will be cheaper and I'll be running it at swell framerates. Also, I'm not worried about how well the PC porting is done because lately Capcom has been doing pretty well done ports for the PC. Swell times for all.

Feeling generous? Karf is a respectable human being. http://i.imgur.com/MTVw5.png
Thank you, Mr. Pelican.
Vongore

07-09-2009, 08:09 PM

(07-09-2009, 07:54 PM)Spore link Wrote: [quote author=Squishy3 link=topic=3245.msg96139#msg96139 date=1247186196]
[quote author=[fr31ns]Karrde link=topic=3245.msg96070#msg96070 date=1247178318]

[/quote]

Well, I'll just wait until I get a new computer at the end of the year. It will be cheaper and I'll be running it at swell framerates. Also, I'm not worried about how well the PC porting is done because lately Capcom has been doing pretty well done ports for the PC. Swell times for all.
[/quote]

You don't have a PS3 or a 360? :0 If you have a Wii you can wait for Tatsunoko vs Capcom, which is as awesome as MvsC. I've played it for hours and it's totally worth it. I even imported it

chronomaster
BBP Gardevoir

07-09-2009, 08:28 PM

Dude, my system CHUGS trying to play this game. I'm so sad.

Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

07-09-2009, 09:52 PM

I could "acquire" it or something I guess.  No way I'm paying for it when they limited the player-base to PC only though.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
chronomaster
BBP Gardevoir

07-09-2009, 10:58 PM

(07-09-2009, 09:52 PM)Wedge link Wrote: I could "acquire" it or something I guess.  No way I'm paying for it when they limited the player-base to PC only though.
It's called a laptop and finding someone to play with. Be a real man and play with your friends.

That or go to an arcade and pick on a random stranger you inbreed (not meant seriously more as a slight for you being in your house all the time you know you should get some air your skin is deathly pale dude)

Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

07-09-2009, 11:16 PM

(07-09-2009, 10:58 PM)Not Really Paul Tonich link Wrote: [quote author=Wedge link=topic=3245.msg96195#msg96195 date=1247194359]
I could "acquire" it or something I guess.  No way I'm paying for it when they limited the player-base to PC only though.
It's called a laptop and finding someone to play with. Be a real man and play with your friends.

That or go to an arcade and pick on a random stranger you inbreed (not meant seriously more as a slight for you being in your house all the time you know you should get some air your skin is deathly pale dude)
[/quote]

WTF are you babbling about?  I'm not inbreeding with any strangers.  I think that's usually counter to the concept anyways.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
chronomaster
BBP Gardevoir

07-09-2009, 11:22 PM

(07-09-2009, 11:16 PM)Wedge link Wrote: [quote author=Not Really Paul Tonich link=topic=3245.msg96219#msg96219 date=1247198319]
[quote author=Wedge link=topic=3245.msg96195#msg96195 date=1247194359]

[/quote]

WTF are you babbling about?  I'm not inbreeding with any strangers.  I think that's usually counter to the concept anyways.
[/quote]
You win this round, Wedge.

Squishy3
Closet Furry

07-09-2009, 11:37 PM

Chrono, all the arcades in the states that have any decent following as far as fighting games go are scattered all over the place. You have the most random choices ever. There's the west coast, and most of those are in southern Cali. Then there's Portland Tilt in Oregon which has SFIV, BB and KoF XII I believe. there might be a few in nevada. no idea. There's Texas. then you have nothing until you get to the midwest, there's illinois, which has a Gameworks in Schaumberg that has KoF XII. (which is completely fucking random, it just popped up like 3 days ago) Then you have an arcade in Chicago which has SFIV and Blaz Blue and some other stuff I believe. Then you move to ohio which has arcade legends which has older stuff, and then Galactic Empire in cleveland which I have no idea what they have, and then there's a random gameworks here that has a Tekken 6 cabinet. Then you go to New York which has Chinatown Fair which is the only notable NY arcade I know of. then I'm clueless as far as arcade placement. I've basically posted all the ones I know of, and aside from the ones in Ohio, basically all the other ones are somewhat well-known among the fighting game community scattered across the states.

With home consoles and online play now, there really is no reason to be going to an arcade often when it costs less in the long run to play it at home.

Vongore

07-09-2009, 11:52 PM

(07-09-2009, 11:37 PM)Squishy3 link Wrote: Chrono, all the arcades in the states that have any decent following as far as fighting games go are scattered all over the place. You have the most random choices ever. There's the west coast, and most of those are in southern Cali. Then there's Portland Tilt in Oregon which has SFIV, BB and KoF XII I believe. there might be a few in nevada. no idea. There's Texas. then you have nothing until you get to the midwest, there's illinois, which has a Gameworks in Schaumberg that has KoF XII. (which is completely fucking random, it just popped up like 3 days ago) Then you have an arcade in Chicago which has SFIV and Blaz Blue and some other stuff I believe. Then you move to ohio which has arcade legends which has older stuff, and then Galactic Empire in cleveland which I have no idea what they have, and then there's a random gameworks here that has a Tekken 6 cabinet. Then you go to New York which has Chinatown Fair which is the only notable NY arcade I know of. then I'm clueless as far as arcade placement. I've basically posted all the ones I know of, and aside from the ones in Ohio, basically all the other ones are somewhat well-known among the fighting game community scattered across the states.

With home consoles and online play now, there really is no reason to be going to an arcade often when it costs less in the long run to play it at home.

Then you go to Chile which has Flipperin. We have SFIV, BlazBlue and KOFXII

Squishy3
Closet Furry

07-09-2009, 11:54 PM

yes, and that's obviously more efficient than traveling to an arcade in the US if you live in the US :p

[fr31ns]Karrde
The Handy Murse

07-10-2009, 12:46 AM

Pretty much every arcade in minnesota s gone with the exception of over priced joints like gameworks or dave and busters which are mostly bars anyway Tongue  And I bought it on steam.  No need for a joystick since I'm infinitely better with my PS2 D-Pad Tongue  And yeah I'll be playing a fair amount of 2 player at my friend's house.

<+Karrde> welp, time to learn some basic patterning skills
<@Negate> 12121212121212121212
<@Negate> there is a simple pattern
<+Karrde> I changed my mind.  Gonna cosplay as a gay demon from hell and get negate raped instead XD
<+Caffeine`work> Karrde: Gay demon? Why would you need to cosplay just go as yourself
<+FlyingMongoose> Caffeine`work: Karrde would actually have to tone it down some.
chronomaster
BBP Gardevoir

07-10-2009, 05:31 AM

To me, I've just never liked online play with fighters. Too much reliance on precise frames. With FPSes, you can counter with a generic move since prediction routines will figure out whether the shot was legal or not and given you have one option for defense (move out of the way) you only feel jarred when you see yourself duck behind cover and die, but in fighting games, you have to call the shots on defense and it helps to have 1) A smooth framerate and 2) no prediction on the CPU's behalf.

With online play, any form of lag causes your reaction windows to become shorter, and compensation can end up throwing your game repeatedly if you're on the bad end of it.

Man, that wasn't structured right. I need some sleep.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this: In a game where movement is more important, online play is sufficient, since usually you're always moving and the act doesn't cost you any time. However, in a game where precise countering and timed defense is necessary, online play is less satisfactory, since your windows to do so shorten when your lag increases, and acting improperly can cost you opportunities. I've known fighting vets who get pissed when people spam the shit out of their controllers because it fucks with the windows (LordBBH complains eternally of people spamming on Sagat and Zangief). That kind of stuff would have a negligible effect locally since the system was designed to be able to handle the most intense situations for each frame. However, throw netplay in, where the connection is an uncontrolled medium, and suddenly the system acts erratically. Get what I'm saying?

Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

07-10-2009, 09:17 AM

I'm probably gonna buy it on Steam.

Tragic Hero
Too Asexual For A Custom Title

07-10-2009, 09:21 AM

Yeah the quality and quantity of Arcades in the chicagoland area terrible.  I believe there no more actual Arcades in the city i live in and the 4 neighboring cities.  I'd have to go downtown to actually find a SFIV machine and some good players with it.

But on topic, I unfortunately don't see a reason to own another copy but I am intrigued by this PC version
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

07-10-2009, 10:34 AM

also I already have two 360 controllers and the wireless thing for them.

Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

07-10-2009, 11:20 AM

(07-10-2009, 10:34 AM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: also I already have two 360 controllers and the wireless thing for them.

You can't play fighting games with a 360 controller.  (Unless you're some kind of weirdo that plays fighting games with an analogue stick).