Hello There, Guest! Register

So its time i stopped using public transport
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

07-11-2009, 12:56 PM

and im not sure weather to get a car or a motorbike, or even a scooter
(in before gay)

is a motorbike cheaper to run that a car?

i allready have my actual driving liscence, its only a 1 week course for a scooter and im sure i could learn to ride a motorbike in no time

any one experience with bikes?

Neonie
The Alphabet has 24 Letters

07-11-2009, 12:59 PM

Scooters are cheap, don't use much gas. Highly effective. Since you live in Europe I would say that would be the most cost effective and reasonable choice.

zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

07-11-2009, 01:02 PM

If you don't have too large a distance to go, just get a bicycle. Can get a cheap one for like 100 bucks.
A motorcycle is much cheaper than a car and would be good if you need to travel longer distances. A scooter is good, but you won't be able to hit higher speeds. I dunno how it works over there, but scooters don't go on the interstates and highways (what I have to use to get to school) so i need to drive a car

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

07-11-2009, 01:14 PM

Yea distance is the key

scooter - short range
motorcycle - medium range
car - I drive all the time and dont like getting rained on

I'd imagine cost wise the progression is the same

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
zaneyard

07-11-2009, 01:18 PM

(07-11-2009, 01:14 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: Yea distance is the key

scooter - short range
motorcycle - medium range
car - I drive all the time and dont like getting rained on

I'd imagine cost wise the progression is the same
surf clearly spends more time than i do organizing his thoughts

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Vlambo
BRB, Posting

07-11-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:I know this is kinda off topic, but I recently started working at a Gas Station, that also happens to be the only Tow-Truck company within a 3 hour radius. On Sunday morning there was a motorcycle crash. My boss, who had to go pick up the bike, told us what he saw. Apparently the Motorcycle driver was flying down this rural highway (which is every highway here) and a dump truck pulled out in front of him. No one knows why he didn't stop (Speed is a suspect), but lets say he hit that truck at a VERY VERY fast speed. On collision, he basically became delimbed, and beheaded. My boss said he saw his arm in ditch, and his body mangled with the motorcycle. The motorcycle was basically a tin can, literally a ball of scrap metal with red paint in some areas. Completely turned me off motorcycles for a while.

This
Ianki
Pedo^H^H Appreciator of the Youth

07-11-2009, 01:29 PM

[Image: image1a.gif]
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

07-11-2009, 01:30 PM

Erm, is work close enough for a bike?
zaneyard

07-11-2009, 01:30 PM

people get hit walking across the street every day
if you're too afraid to take risks go hide in a bubble

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Tragic Hero
Too Asexual For A Custom Title

07-11-2009, 01:34 PM

I'd go with a scooter.

Yeah that's all I got
Benito Mussolini
1 More!

07-11-2009, 01:56 PM

Use fucking busses and stop being a pussy.

[move][glow=black,2,300]  Vote Benito 2012   [/glow]                                                         ï@.[/move]
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

07-11-2009, 02:28 PM

everyone dies, ild rather die goin really fast.

im gonna look into what i have to do liscencewise for a motorbike and get a scooter until then.

Scary Womanizing Pig Mask
Fierce Pork Trooper

07-11-2009, 02:34 PM

Vespa. Safe and you still look like a badass.

Badgerman of DOOM
I Stand in Spitter Goo

07-11-2009, 02:36 PM

(07-11-2009, 02:34 PM)Scary Womanizing Pig Mask link Wrote: Vespa. Safe and you still look like a badass.

This. I wanna get the license you need for one of thems and get me a Vespa.

Aerox

07-11-2009, 02:46 PM

(07-11-2009, 01:27 PM)Vlambo link Wrote:
Quote:I know this is kinda off topic, but I recently started working at a Gas Station, that also happens to be the only Tow-Truck company within a 3 hour radius. On Sunday morning there was a motorcycle crash. My boss, who had to go pick up the bike, told us what he saw. Apparently the Motorcycle driver was flying down this rural highway (which is every highway here) and a dump truck pulled out in front of him. No one knows why he didn't stop (Speed is a suspect), but lets say he hit that truck at a VERY VERY fast speed. On collision, he basically became delimbed, and beheaded. My boss said he saw his arm in ditch, and his body mangled with the motorcycle. The motorcycle was basically a tin can, literally a ball of scrap metal with red paint in some areas. Completely turned me off motorcycles for a while.

This

That scenario (minus I think the decapitation) happened to a kid on his way to our high school graduation about a week after he bought a motorcycle using inheritance money after his mom begged and begged him not to.
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

07-11-2009, 03:26 PM

(07-11-2009, 02:46 PM)Aerox link Wrote: [quote author=Vlambo link=topic=3256.msg96689#msg96689 date=1247336874]

This

That scenario (minus I think the decapitation) happened to a kid on his way to our high school graduation about a week after he bought a motorcycle using inheritance money after his mom begged and begged him not to.
[/quote]

My mom worked ICU at a hospital for several years before I was born and when I was young, there is no law requiring motorcycle helmets in Illinois, and she could fill a small novel with stories of people that came in from high speed accidents who weren't wearing a helmet and/or leather

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
cannedpeahes
Fan of Vampire Romance literature

07-11-2009, 04:09 PM

Scooter, so you can be a Mod!

I suspect motorcycles are not seen with the same reverence in England as they are here, for one thing, but the gas (ahem, petrol) mileage of scooters and motorcycles can't be beat.

But really, bicycles. If it's just "in-town" commute, there's no better investment.

Quote: When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.  Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man.  And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became.  Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others.  Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle.

Quote:The bicycle is the perfect transducer to match man's metabolic energy to the impedance of locomotion.  Equipped with this tool, man outstrips the efficiency of not only all machines but all other animals as well.
scottydog1989
N00b

07-12-2009, 01:55 AM

[Image: 8357-66VBC.jpg]

Get this scooter if you get one! You'd be the coolest person in the neighborhood.