Hello There, Guest! Register

ZuneHD
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

09-06-2009, 09:42 PM

(09-06-2009, 06:57 PM)jeff link Wrote: [quote author=Karth is Ego Tripping link=topic=3455.msg111716#msg111716 date=1252280420]
[quote author=Squishy3 link=topic=3455.msg111709#msg111709 date=1252277816]
[quote author=Karth is Ego Tripping link=topic=3455.msg111707#msg111707 date=1252276054]
[quote author=Squishy3 link=topic=3455.msg111706#msg111706 date=1252275910]
[quote author=Surf314 link=topic=3455.msg111689#msg111689 date=1252269044]
I don't think I could ever get a zune just because it seems like yet another of microsofts "me too" products. I'm expecting a zunephone any day now. Then 3 years after apples tablet zuneputer.

And I'm not saying that MS just follows Apple's innovation, there will be "me too" motion controls soon there already is "me too" miis and "me too" search engine. I wonder what their next "me too" industry will be.
sony did the metoo motion controls, microsoft is bringing out the eyetoy that'll actually be paid attention to
[/quote]
But it won't go anywhere. Just like Sony.
[/quote]Yeah, except for the fact it registers full-body motion, etc. I've had both versions of the Eyetoy (and Eye of Judgement was fucking sweet), and I haven't even touched Natal and it already blows it out of the water.
[/quote]
But what does that even mean? Full-Body Motion? It means people are going to run out of ideas faster than Scotty masturbating at work. It will be hard, it will be expensive, and it will be pointless.
[/quote]

Karth dude you're really really stupid.  Have you even seen the Natal tech demos?

Fucking buster. 
[/quote]
Well, what do you think they're going to do with it? What types of games will you be playing on it?
Geoff
Real World Azn

09-06-2009, 10:36 PM

Any sport ever made, there's like fucking depth perception, and it's guaranteed people will find more creative ways to use it.

Maybe it's just absolutely mindblowing to me after watching the videos, but this seems revolutionary.  I'm positive this will not be a gimmick, as many people thought the wii waggle would fail and were disproven.

(10-06-2011, 04:24 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote:just ignore everything Geoff posts its always trolling or ignorant drivel
Darklink
BRB, Posting

09-06-2009, 10:56 PM

(09-06-2009, 10:36 PM)jeff link Wrote: Any sport ever made, there's like fucking depth perception, and it's guaranteed people will find more creative ways to use it.

Maybe it's just absolutely mindblowing to me after watching the videos, but this seems revolutionary.  I'm positive this will not be a gimmick, as many people thought the wii waggle would fail and were disproven.
i've been wagglin' my wii for like at least 4 years now that's nothing new

[Image: 2uthqip.png]
KarthXLR

09-06-2009, 11:35 PM

I don't believe in Natal. As simple as that. I think Peter Molyneux is just overhyping it to the point where people are expecting something incredible out of a freaking camera. Is it neat technology? Yes, but it's not going to last on a console that already has a strong place as the FPS console. I really just think it's going to be a waste of time.

But that's me.

JUST BY THE WAY THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT ZUNE HD. IT JUST GOT JACKED.
Geoff
Real World Azn

09-07-2009, 09:32 AM

i like how you still havent watched the videos yet.

(10-06-2011, 04:24 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote:just ignore everything Geoff posts its always trolling or ignorant drivel
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

09-07-2009, 10:35 AM

I watched the videos and if I didn't own a wii I'd be stoked. I'm no lazy ass, I go to the gym and whatnot, but I mean motion controls just don't gel with video games. Except in very specific games that fit with motion controls they are by their nature tacked on and get annoying quickly. TBH my favorite part of the wii controls is the fact I can keep my hands wherever I want and it's just more comfortable. I dunno why they are the first to do it and it's on accident.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
KarthXLR

09-07-2009, 12:18 PM

(09-07-2009, 09:32 AM)jeff link Wrote: i like how you still havent watched the videos yet.
But I have. :V

Face it, I'm not interested by this at all.
Trace
Killing anything that twitches

09-08-2009, 10:53 PM

Soooooo about that Zune thingy, what say you dudes, should I be an early adopter or wait a bit till people have spent more hands on time with it?
KorJax
BRB, Posting

09-08-2009, 11:24 PM

I'm on the fence with it too.  I want to get it on the 15th but at the same time something tells me it'll be severly handicapped in some way or another, like in the web browser, the audio, or something else, I don't know.

Also I'm kind of dissapointed that they are not using the Tegra's audio chip for the sound, and instead are using the same one in the old zunes.  While it's good quality, the tegra one had 25 mother fucking days of battery life.  I can't imagine it's sound quality is much worse than whatever one they are using that gets around 33 hours now.

[Image: a731e9e08c48b218b111e3275e851e8e.gif]
Geoff
Real World Azn

09-09-2009, 02:39 PM

Get an ipod touch, so you can play rad games with me and tacos B)

Surf314

09-09-2009, 02:47 PM

Word Ace, also add me on vampires live!

Darklink
BRB, Posting

09-09-2009, 03:48 PM

I want platinum, but can't afford the 32gb :<

[Image: 2uthqip.png]
KorJax
BRB, Posting

09-09-2009, 10:12 PM

Okeys, so looks like someone bought my old 80gb zune for about $165 so I'm going to def get a zuneHD on launch I think now.

I'll be getting just the 16GB since that's pretty much all the space I used on my zune80, and yet only listened to about a third of the music.

Prepare yourself for IMPRESSIONS and other fun stuff like that on the 15th.  I hope to GAWD my target is selling it so I can use my 10% discount but I haven't heard word of it at all :\

Also one thing that does suck is the zuneHD doesn't come with premium headphones like the other zunes do, only comes with basic headphones.  This kinda sucks considering my current headphones are basically bust.  I'm planning on getting a very nice and high quality pair of comfortable in-ear earbuds sometime but I don't want to spend the money now.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2009, 10:13 PM by KorJax.)
KorJax
BRB, Posting

09-15-2009, 01:46 PM

Picked one up today, it's pretty sweet.

Was a huge hassle to get it though.  I first went to my local wallmart, but they only sold iPhones (?!).  I then waited until 10am for the local bestbuy to open 10-15 minutes away.  Went in, played around with the display model.  One thing I found was that it's surprisingly smaller than you would expect, but still very much sizable.  I ask one of the employees if I could get one.  Apparently, they only had the 16GB version.  That's what I wanted anyways so it works out, but it still sucks for anyone that wanted otherwise.

So here's where things just get stupid. I go up to the register, and the scene-kid cashier scans it in.  Except there's a problem with the system and it can't fucking register the serial numbers on the device.  She flat out tells me that I can't have it because there is "no way to manager override it" and for me to come back tomorrow.  I think, "Fuck that, last time I try to get something here" and leave.  Not to mention I asked her about warrrenties and she didn't know anything other than the standard 1 year manufacture warrenty.

I call up a wallmart 15-20 minutes away and they said they have one, and only one.  Manged to pick it up.  Spent only 50 miles total in gas to do so! Lame.

In any case, the device is pretty sweet.

The interface is PURE SEX.  Especially with the OLED, the black background is crisp and dark, with only the text lighted up.  Almost like a neon-sign type effect or something. 

It's got the whole artist information and etc.  Features that are hella cool, but not really applicable to me considering I listen to EDM music mostly and the Marketplace's selection of EDM tracks is pretty bad (being US based and no one in the US listens to the damn genre).  However it'll still cover the discography, even if it doesn't have a specific album avalable to try out and listen to on the marketplace, which is cool.

Radio is what you would expect.  App support is cool, but at the moment it's pretty basic considering it jsut came out.  So far there's your typical few casual games, a calculator, and a weather app.  Much deeper support is expected come novemeber, including 3D games and stuff.  Only thing that dissappoints me here is that there's apparently no SDK for the zHD... all apps have to be made partnered through Ms.... so I hear in a rumor.  While that means the apps will be "quality", there simply won't be alot to use I feel.

The player itself is nice, but feels fragile.  The power button on top when clicked once will turn off the screen, when held down powers the device down.  You can set a pin when you turn the device on or when it locks itself and you want to unlock.  The button on the side brings up the media player controls on the screen no matter where you are.

The "now playing/quicklist" shit is probibly my favorite part.  I lists new content just loaded on the player that you can get to on your fingertips, including any podcasts, video, etc.  It also saves a history of media that you've used, including playlists, pictures, songs, movies, radio stations, and websites.  Very slick and very easy to use.

Now speaking of internet, I'm afraid to say that it's probibly one of the most dissapointing features.  As long as you can accept the fact that the internet browser is mostly just a text/image viewer and nothing else, you're good to go.  It doesn't support any flash (including youtube), or any media content what so ever.  The keyboard takes a while to get used to, but with some practice I was able to get to typing at a decent speed.  Don't expect to be able to type on it as fast as you can text/type on a keyboard though.  But yeah, like I said it's pretty basic.  No tabs, no "right clicking" links, no saving any pictures/media from the web on your zune, none of that.  Just text and pictures/fomating... rather dissapointing to me, but I hear wind that flash support and stuff will come later.  I hope somebody hacks it though so I can put firefox mobile or something on it instead of I.E.6 mobile.  And speaking of IE6, it's not exactly the fastest browser ever as far as loading goes, but it gets the job done.

All in all, it's pretty sweet.  I'm still playing around with it and there are tons of other stuff I've yet to try but yeah.  Feel free to ask questions, it'll help me discover this thing a bit better  Wink

EDIT: Oh and it comes with some basic headphones.  I'd reccomend you have your own pair though, they aren't very good (my ears are too small to really work well with standard earbuds that are not in-ear).  Dissapointing since the other zunes came with premium in-ear earbuds with silicone fittings.  Audio quality through the zune still sounds fucking great though.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2009, 01:49 PM by KorJax.)
Riosan
EPIC teamkiller

09-15-2009, 08:02 PM

tl;dr

i'm still avoiding the tiny touch devices mainly because i prefer hard drive space over most else things

KorJax
BRB, Posting

09-16-2009, 12:37 AM

Tl:dr is the first sentance you lazy bum

Also I find large hard-drive PMP's immensely useless for me.  My total music collection is about 15GB, and I find it completely pointless to always have that music around at all times, because there's no point in having music on your player if you're not going to listen to it.  But that's just me Tongue

Neonie
The Alphabet has 24 Letters

09-21-2009, 01:35 PM

I would enjoy since this since theres a BULL SHIT $30 A MONTH separate charge to OWN an Iphone. I would of got one when I upgraded to it but FUCK THAT SHIT.

copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

09-21-2009, 01:37 PM

(09-16-2009, 12:37 AM)KorJax link Wrote: Tl:dr is the first sentance you lazy bum

Also I find large hard-drive PMP's immensely useless for me.  My total music collection is about 15GB, and I find it completely pointless to always have that music around at all times, because there's no point in having music on your player if you're not going to listen to it.  But that's just me Tongue

if you have music in your collection that you're never gonna listen to you might try deleting it Tongue

then again who am I to talk, I have a ton of stuff I find absolutely awful that I won't bother to delete, I'm terrible about digital hoarding Sad

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Surf314

09-29-2009, 03:59 PM

(09-21-2009, 01:35 PM)Neonie in a Suit link Wrote: I would enjoy since this since theres a BULL SHIT $30 A MONTH separate charge to OWN an Iphone. I would of got one when I upgraded to it but FUCK THAT SHIT.

You talking about the data package?