Hello There, Guest! Register

nistrous doesnt like queen, the band
KorJax
BRB, Posting

08-15-2009, 07:46 PM

(08-15-2009, 01:59 PM)SUPER MACHO MAN link Wrote: [quote author=KorJax link=topic=3461.msg106358#msg106358 date=1250360473]
I don't like queen for the fact that they are overrated, over played and worshiped by the nerd crowd for music that is decent at best, simply because they sing funny for most of their songs (much like Weird Al).  Also people like to play their music for the stupidest things (the intro to Knights Tale was GOD AWFUL).

Also I don't like the beetles either, just not a fan of the music itself.

I almost envoked Goodwin's Law on this, but I think I'll take a page from a good afro wearing friend of mine and say anti-trend kid.
[/quote]

Nah, genuinely not a fan.  The fact that it's practically worshiped by geekdom is just a minor annoyance really but I don't see the big deal about the music itself.  It's one of those bands who's music really is something that only works well at events/on TV and not something you'd actually listen to, atleast for me.

Most of this angst is spawned from songs like bohemian rhapsody though.  You have no idea what it's like to have friends who constantly played that fucking song as if it's their religion to do so.  I almost think they were simply doing it because it gave them "nerd cred" or something.  It's almost as bad as kids who always play Fire and Flames on GH3 because it's the hardcore thing to do.  I've been at parties where that happens, they bust out the GH controllers and JUST play TTF&F.  I usually don't stay long.

We will rock you I don't mind so much seeing as it's one of those "standard songs" you'd hear at a sports arena and as such while only played for about 30 seconds to a minute to pump up the crowd.  Bohemian though is a fucking long song.  Putting that on repeat is NOT enjoyable for my ears Sad

[Image: a731e9e08c48b218b111e3275e851e8e.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2009, 08:01 PM by KorJax.)
Badgerman of DOOM
I Stand in Spitter Goo

08-15-2009, 08:11 PM

(08-15-2009, 07:46 PM)KorJax link Wrote: [quote author=SUPER MACHO MAN link=topic=3461.msg106371#msg106371 date=1250362771]
[quote author=KorJax link=topic=3461.msg106358#msg106358 date=1250360473]
I don't like queen for the fact that they are overrated, over played and worshiped by the nerd crowd for music that is decent at best, simply because they sing funny for most of their songs (much like Weird Al).  Also people like to play their music for the stupidest things (the intro to Knights Tale was GOD AWFUL).

Also I don't like the beetles either, just not a fan of the music itself.

I almost envoked Goodwin's Law on this, but I think I'll take a page from a good afro wearing friend of mine and say anti-trend kid.
[/quote]

Nah, genuinely not a fan.  The fact that it's practically worshiped by geekdom is just a minor annoyance really but I don't see the big deal about the music itself.  It's one of those bands who's music really is something that only works well at events/on TV and not something you'd actually listen to, atleast for me.

Most of this angst is spawned from songs like bohemian rhapsody though.  You have no idea what it's like to have friends who constantly played that fucking song as if it's their religion to do so.  I almost think they were simply doing it because it gave them "nerd cred" or something.  It's almost as bad as kids who always play Fire and Flames on GH3 because it's the hardcore thing to do.  I've been at parties where that happens, they bust out the GH controllers and JUST play TTF&F.  I usually don't stay long.

We will rock you I don't mind so much seeing as it's one of those "standard songs" you'd hear at a sports arena and as such while only played for about 30 seconds to a minute to pump up the crowd.  Bohemian though is a fucking long song.  Putting that on repeat is NOT enjoyable for my ears Sad
[/quote]

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU
I'll be the first to admit that some Queen songs aren't the most enjoyable ones ever.
But raging at Bohemian Rhapsody? I can't understand that. But basing all your dislike on that one nonstandard song? Seriously?

KorJax
BRB, Posting

08-15-2009, 08:16 PM

I've probibly heard it about 1000 times  :o

It get's old but the people around me seem to think otherwise >;P

[Image: a731e9e08c48b218b111e3275e851e8e.gif]
Professor Funbucks

08-15-2009, 08:49 PM

(08-15-2009, 08:16 PM)KorJax link Wrote: I've probibly heard it about 1000 times  :o

It get's old but the people around me seem to think otherwise >;P

it's fun to sing when drunk
rumsfald

08-15-2009, 09:08 PM

Have I mentioned the Kleptones yet? So, they did a whole tribute mashup album to Queen , probably the best song is the rhythm of Another One Bites the Dust and ODB's Got Your Money. Also swell is the mashup of many different covers of Bohemian Rhapsody in one tune, very swell.

Also,
I can dim the lights and sing you songs full of sad things
We can do the tango just for two.
I can serenade and gently play on your heart strings
Be your valentino just for you.
Duck, Duck, Goose

08-15-2009, 09:33 PM

KorJax, I love you.

While I'm at it, I may as well list a bunch of stuff people worship that I don't like:

- Led Zeppelin
- The Beatles
- The Rolling Stones

NOTICE A PATTERN?

I mean, I do like some songs from each, but I really can't stand the rest of it.

Never understood the hype as to why people like this music. Just because it's "classic" doesn't make it good. I like songs with energy, epic guitar solos, and a good vocalist. And I'm picky about what a good vocalist is, hence why I abhor death metal and that growling shit. I also am a big fan of epic lyrics and the overall composition of the music. And whatever sounds Rush and Pink Floyd have in common.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2009, 09:44 PM by Nitrous Oxide.)
shoopfox
BRB, Posting

08-15-2009, 09:44 PM

(08-15-2009, 09:33 PM)Nitrous Oxide link Wrote: KorJax, I love you.

While I'm at it, I may as well list a bunch of stuff people worship that I don't like:

- Led Zeppelin
- The Beatles
- The Rolling Stones

NOTICE A PATTERN?

I mean, I do like some songs from each, but I really can't stand the rest of it.

Never understood the hype as to why people like this music. Just because it's "classic" doesn't make it good. I like songs with energy, epic guitar solos, and a good vocalist. And I'm picky about what a good vocalist is, hence why I abhor death metal and that growling shit.

All 3 of those bands have energy, guitar solos and great vocalists.
Duck, Duck, Goose

08-15-2009, 09:46 PM

(08-15-2009, 09:44 PM)Señor Pinchy link Wrote: [quote author=Nitrous Oxide link=topic=3461.msg106444#msg106444 date=1250390025]
KorJax, I love you.

- Led Zeppelin
- The Beatles
- The Rolling Stones

NOTICE A PATTERN?

Never understood the hype as to why people like this music. Just because it's "classic" doesn't make it good. I like songs with energy, epic guitar solos, and a good vocalist. And I'm picky about what a good vocalist is, hence why I abhor death metal and that growling shit.

All 3 of those bands have energy, guitar solos and great vocalists.
[/quote]Well, everything I hear from them is boring crap that everyone likes. It's like why the fuck is Nothing Else Matters Metallica's most popular song? THAT SONG IS BORING SHIT. Please direct me to some very under-rated songs that fit my criteria, and I'll gladly retract my opinions.

Well, except for The Rolling Stones, I already have and like some of their "good" songs.
Professor Funbucks

08-15-2009, 10:16 PM

nitrous are dumb anyways qft
rumsfald

08-15-2009, 10:17 PM

For Zep: John Henry Bonham - Moby Dick (the similarities between this and The Rythym Method and Passage to Bangkok should be evident).

Led Zeppelin Moby Dick - Earl's Court 1975 RARE - Part 1 / 3

For the Beatles: the entire Sgt Pepper's album is widely considered to be the prototypical concept album, predating Dark Side, Animals, and The Wall. The transitions between leitmotifs on A Day In A Life certainly foreshadow the transitions before/after Time and Money on Dark Side.

For the stones: 2000 light years from home (Rolling Stones - 2000 Light Years From Home). Quality on the audio is poor, but the similarities to 2112 and early Floyd (atom heart mother) are clear.

Oh, guess I should mention that I've actually seen the Stones (Steel Wheels), Floyd (Division Bell) and Rush (Roll the Bones x2 and Counterparts) all live.
Squishy3
Closet Furry

08-15-2009, 11:10 PM

sgt peppers is too damn good of an album

Badgerman of DOOM
I Stand in Spitter Goo

08-15-2009, 11:24 PM

(08-15-2009, 09:33 PM)Nitrous Oxide link Wrote: I like songs with energy, epic guitar solos, and a good vocalist. And I'm picky about what a good vocalist is, hence why I abhor death metal and that growling shit. I also am a big fan of epic lyrics and the overall composition of the music. And whatever sounds Rush and Pink Floyd have in common.

And Queen lacks this how?

KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

08-15-2009, 11:40 PM

Britney sucks.

wait wrong thread.

Personally, I could care less about Queen. I have enough music to worry about and listen to.

I mean, who cares if you don't like one band, as popular as it might be? Personally, I can't stand any type of Death Metal with that screaming crap, which is a particular reason I don't like the Yeah Yeah Yeah's.

I mean, there's enough music that's undiscovered out there that could keep someone listening for the rest of their life, so why have a little hissy fit if someone doesn't like The Beatles, or Rolling Stones, or Journey, or anyone? Plus with so many different genres of music, you will never get bored. You've got rock, alternative, disco, metal, classics, orchestrals, dance, pop, and even to a limited degree, rap.

But The Flaming Lips are one of the best bands ever regardless.  Big Grin
Geoff
Real World Azn

08-15-2009, 11:41 PM

(08-15-2009, 11:40 PM)Karth is Ego Tripping link Wrote: Britney sucks.

wait wrong thread.

Personally, I could care less about Queen. I have enough music to worry about and listen to.

I mean, who cares if you don't like one band, as popular as it might be? Personally, I can't stand any type of Death Metal with that screaming crap
which is a particular reason I don't like the Yeah Yeah Yeah's.

I mean, there's enough music that's undiscovered out there that could keep someone listening for the rest of their life. Plus with so many different genres of music, you will never get bored. You've got rock, alternative, disco, metal, classics, orchestrals, dance, pop, and even to a limited degree, rap.

But The Flaming Lips are one of the best bands ever regardless.  Big Grin

Saosin kinda rapes  8)

(10-06-2011, 04:24 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote:just ignore everything Geoff posts its always trolling or ignorant drivel
HeK
Rotartsinimda

08-16-2009, 02:12 AM

I've found a fixed version of Queen that Versus will enjoy...

Joousama - Joousamamonogatari
Honest
Ignoooore Meee, kupo

08-16-2009, 02:14 AM

Anti-trend kids.

(05-10-2009, 07:39 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote:in the straightest way possible i have to say honest is by far the best looking person here

copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

08-16-2009, 02:48 AM

I was in the middle of writing a really long post about why some people here who hate Queen are in the wrong (given the assumption that they did not really listen to Queen so much as they heard a few singles on the radio repeatedly). Then I realized it was probably a waste of my time to type it all out, as ultimately, even if I won an argument on the internet, I am still retarded. FML

I will say that I feel sorry for you if you heard a few of Queen's biggest hits and decided you didn't like them based purely on such a small sample, as they have an incredibly diverse repertoire (of sound) as far as most bands go, and each is more delectable than the last. I could eat Queen up all day, figuratively speaking ofc (not gay)

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2009, 02:51 AM by copulatingduck.)
Honest
Ignoooore Meee, kupo

08-16-2009, 03:36 AM

(08-16-2009, 02:48 AM)CopulatingDuck link Wrote: I was in the middle of writing a really long post about why some people here who hate Queen are in the wrong (given the assumption that they did not really listen to Queen so much as they heard a few singles on the radio repeatedly). Then I realized it was probably a waste of my time to type it all out, as ultimately, even if I won an argument on the internet, I am still retarded. FML

I will say that I feel sorry for you if you heard a few of Queen's biggest hits and decided you didn't like them based purely on such a small sample, as they have an incredibly diverse repertoire (of sound) as far as most bands go, and each is more delectable than the last. I could eat Queen up all day, figuratively speaking ofc (not gay)

Didn't you read their posts? They hate them 'cause they are overplayed and their friends drive it into the ground.

(08-16-2009, 02:14 AM)SUPER MACHO MAN link Wrote: Anti-trend kids.

(05-10-2009, 07:39 PM)Radio Raheem link Wrote:in the straightest way possible i have to say honest is by far the best looking person here

beep beep diglett
Uninstalling

08-16-2009, 04:18 AM

(08-16-2009, 03:36 AM)SUPER MACHO MAN link Wrote: [quote author=CopulatingDuck link=topic=3461.msg106497#msg106497 date=1250408910]
I was in the middle of writing a really long post about why some people here who hate Queen are in the wrong (given the assumption that they did not really listen to Queen so much as they heard a few singles on the radio repeatedly). Then I realized it was probably a waste of my time to type it all out, as ultimately, even if I won an argument on the internet, I am still retarded. FML

Didn't you read their posts? They hate them 'cause they are overplayed and their friends drive it into the ground.

(08-16-2009, 02:14 AM)SUPER MACHO MAN link Wrote: fuckwads
[/quote]
Professor Funbucks

08-16-2009, 07:17 AM

(08-16-2009, 04:18 AM)dogmobile...?????? link Wrote: [quote author=SUPER MACHO MAN link=topic=3461.msg106501#msg106501 date=1250411816]
[quote author=CopulatingDuck link=topic=3461.msg106497#msg106497 date=1250408910]

(08-16-2009, 02:14 AM)SUPER MACHO MAN link Wrote: TURBO fuckwads
[/quote]
[/quote]