Hello There, Guest! Register

The "Fuck my life" thread
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

10-02-2015, 03:24 PM

(10-02-2015, 02:08 PM)KarthXLR Wrote: I would kill for a bike...but buying one is a bit out of my price range right now. A nice bike (street bike, not off-road) will probably cost, what, 400-500? It'd probably take a few months to save up. And despite being in New Mexico, the daily high is under 60 degrees and windy for most of the year. Starting next week the transition to cold starts.

I would really like a bike though.

Cooking is definitely in my life. Trying to find a good curry recipe at the moment.

Check craigslist for bikes, and Id go for a hybrid city/mountain bike

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Greatbacon
The Most Delicious of All Meats

10-02-2015, 03:34 PM

(10-02-2015, 03:24 PM)CaffeinePowered Wrote:
(10-02-2015, 02:08 PM)KarthXLR Wrote: I would kill for a bike...but buying one is a bit out of my price range right now. A nice bike (street bike, not off-road) will probably cost, what, 400-500? It'd probably take a few months to save up. And despite being in New Mexico, the daily high is under 60 degrees and windy for most of the year. Starting next week the transition to cold starts.

Cooking is definitely in my life. Trying to find a good curry recipe at the moment.

Yeah, it's not to hard to find an adequate bike for $100 or less on craigslist.  Couple that with proper layering and there's no reason you can't ride a bike year round.
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

10-02-2015, 03:47 PM

(10-02-2015, 03:34 PM)Greatbacon Wrote:

Yeah, it's not to hard to find an adequate bike for $100 or less on craigslist.  Couple that with proper layering and there's no reason you can't ride a bike year round.

I guess that begs the question: What do I look for in a bike?
The Generic Name
BRB, Posting

10-02-2015, 07:09 PM

(10-02-2015, 03:47 PM)KarthXLR Wrote:

Wheels and a seat are a good starting place.  If you look for just wheel, you'll get a unicycle and nobody wants that.  Not truely.

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
3DS Friend Code: 4098-3295-0639
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

10-02-2015, 08:28 PM

(10-02-2015, 07:09 PM)The Generic Name Wrote:

Wheels and a seat are a good starting place.  If you look for just wheel, you'll get a unicycle and nobody wants that.  Not truely.

What's that about one wheel? [Image: OEgCE.gif]

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2015, 08:29 PM by zaneyard.)
HeK
Rotartsinimda

10-02-2015, 10:49 PM

A good move is to go by brand name, at least then you know that the components, design and build quality will be up to snuff.
There are a shit-tonne of good brands, so do a little bit of research first. Stay away from the walmart brands like Mongoose, Supercycle and Schwinn.

If you see Trek, Cannondale or Giant you are going to be good.
Test ride if you can. Make sure you know how fit a bike; a frame that's too big or too small sucks. Lots of youtube videos on this.
Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

10-03-2015, 08:35 PM

I used to have a really nice 1970's Gazelle. I got it for free; I just happened to be walking by as this old man was wheeling it out to the street. He said take it. The thing just needed a new set of gears so the chain wouldn't loose itself. The tires and brakes had a small amount of dry rot but nothing that was threatening to the function of the bike. After a while I noticed it had a serial number in this embossment on the frame. I looked it up one day and the bike was part of a limited series ran by Gazelle, of about thirty thousand bikes in total, and then none were ever made again. The estimated value of my bike was three thousand dollars. It was cool to discover that but I didn't think too much of it afterwards.

I don't have that bike anymore. It slipped my mind when I was moving and I left it with my folks. My dad ended up getting rid of it without asking me if I still wanted it. He didn't know it was worth anything.

Somewhat unrelated to the current topic, but definitely a fml.

'Meditation is supposedly the only way to Enlightenment because the only way to find this truth is through inner reflection - therefore, what you are finding to be the truth in your personal journey should ultimately be exactly what I find to be the truth, though all of our journeys are unique.'
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

10-04-2015, 08:28 AM

RIP noble bike

Quote:“Would you…do you think you would like to go to the dance with me?” she asked sportsball captainback.

Quote:sportsball captainback

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Didzo
Uninstalling

10-15-2015, 11:16 AM

I forgot my phone at home this morning so I can't look at internet pictures to distract myself throughout the day.

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]
KarthXLR

11-30-2015, 04:57 PM

Got a denial for the job because my background check has a blip on it:

The problem is any blips have been taken care of. I have no outstanding warrants and a traffic ticket that was dismissed. There are no issues with my car registration and I've never been arrested by the police.

The fucking background company is fucking my life over.
Didzo
Uninstalling

11-30-2015, 06:22 PM

(11-30-2015, 04:57 PM)KarthXLR Wrote: Got a denial for the job because my background check has a blip on it:

The problem is any blips have been taken care of. I have no outstanding warrants and a traffic ticket that was dismissed. There are no issues with my car registration and I've never been arrested by the police.

I redact my congratulations. That sucks. See if you can't sort it out with the background check company...

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

11-30-2015, 06:25 PM

(11-30-2015, 06:22 PM)Didzo Wrote:
(11-30-2015, 04:57 PM)KarthXLR Wrote: Got a denial for the job because my background check has a blip on it:

I redact my congratulations. That sucks. See if you can't sort it out with the background check company...

I second this notion, their records may be outdated, push them to update.
Also, did you ever send me your resume? I can put you in our system just to put yourself out there somewhere else it doesn't hurt.

[Image: b_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111.png]
HeK
Rotartsinimda

11-30-2015, 10:27 PM

(11-30-2015, 06:22 PM)Didzo Wrote:

I find it very strange that the police doesn't do your background checks....
The Generic Name
BRB, Posting

11-30-2015, 10:31 PM

Have you brought this up with them?  Because it doesnt look like they would have any reason to not hire you.  I apparently had a similar issue this summer with Uhaul that somehow prevented me from starting my job there ( before I rolled my car RIP my Matrix). the man who hired me got on the phone with whoever handles the shit and was like "The fuck man"

Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

12-01-2015, 11:25 AM

Background checks, the crown jewel of the american justice system.

Minor offenses? We can't afford to risk you being a liability, sorry.

Charged with more serious offenses but not convicted? We'll treat you the same as if you were convicted.

It's almost foolish to be surprised, given the status of this country.

'Meditation is supposedly the only way to Enlightenment because the only way to find this truth is through inner reflection - therefore, what you are finding to be the truth in your personal journey should ultimately be exactly what I find to be the truth, though all of our journeys are unique.'
KarthXLR

12-01-2015, 01:38 PM

Update on the whole thing: the reason they didn't pass me is because I missed a drug test.

Except for the fact that I DID take a drug test, granted it was one after their first one. I didn't receive a notification until I was already out of town and then I asked my manager for another, which she gave me and I did the day she sent it. Now FedEx is throwing a fit because of this. The manager is on my side but fuck me I'm so nervous.

I barely have enough to pay rent this month.
Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

12-01-2015, 05:52 PM

Well good luck man, and fuck the man for trying to keep you down.

KarthXLR

12-02-2015, 03:00 PM

Not hired. Gonna have to ask my parents for help with rent this month.
The Generic Name
BRB, Posting

12-02-2015, 03:58 PM

(12-02-2015, 03:00 PM)KarthXLR Wrote: Not hired. Gonna have to ask my parents for help with rent this month.

Hey man, good luck with the job hunt still.  There are other opportunities out there.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2015, 03:58 PM by The Generic Name.)
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

12-07-2015, 10:15 AM

Did this happen for this employer, or a former employer?

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu