Hello There, Guest! Register

The "Fuck my life" thread
Dtrain323i
Oprah Winfrey

05-29-2013, 11:10 AM

I ran into one car i'm trying to sell with the other car i'm trying to sell  >Sad

11:35 Socks Greatbacon_work: Just accept the idea of enemas.
A. Crow
Surprise Whopper

05-29-2013, 11:25 AM

(05-29-2013, 11:10 AM)Dtrain323i link Wrote: I ran into one car i'm trying to sell with the other car i'm trying to sell  >Sad

"Hello, this is uFuqd Insurance"
"yeah, this mother fucker ran into my car!"
"oh no!  what was this mother fuckers name?!"
"Me!" 

at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

05-30-2013, 02:36 PM

Father's day sale commercials are giving me a serious case of the sadfeels.

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

05-31-2013, 12:56 AM

(05-30-2013, 02:36 PM)at0m link Wrote: Father's day sale commercials are giving me a serious case of the sadfeels.

Sorry at0m *hugs*...

[Image: b_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111.png]
Azure_Angel
Lurker

06-01-2013, 01:58 PM

Due to a paper error on my (former)roommate's part, I am now homeless! Where as I had planned to stay another month, my roommate wanted to leave early. This meant we both had to sign her 30 days notice paper. The apartment complex missread the paper, and instead of reading the line where I signed agreeing to take over her half of the lease, they took it as I was leaving too. They then decided to rent out our apartment to new tenants, so I had no way to fight it. At least my other friend's parents were kind enough to let me crash at their house until I can find a place.

[Image: tumblr_leg7vzNCYq1qe0eclo1_r4_500.gif][Image: I7jRGM7.gif]
Quote:I vote that we always type in different colors now.
k0ala
BRB, Posting

06-01-2013, 02:36 PM

Work fucked up my paycheck. They shorted me on hours. Boss was insisting it's not his fault right up until he actually got onto the payroll website and saw what he had approved last week. He's going to lend me some dosh to make up for it, and I'll get the missing hours back this week as OT.

[Image: i9pkpXG.jpg]
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

06-01-2013, 06:25 PM

@Azure: Uh, if you didn't sign something ending the lease and they didn't inform you it was ending, it's their problem they rented it out, not yours.

@k0ala: that sucks, but its good that he's making it right & that it ends up being better for you in the end.

A. Crow
Surprise Whopper

06-01-2013, 06:54 PM

(06-01-2013, 06:25 PM)at0m link Wrote: @Azure: Uh, if you didn't sign something ending the lease and they didn't inform you it was ending, it's their problem they rented it out, not yours.

@k0ala: that sucks, but its good that he's making it right & that it ends up being better for you in the end.

Yeah, this is pretty spot on. 

rumbot
BRB, Posting

06-01-2013, 07:20 PM

HR has uttered the unholy words to release eldritch horrors upon me:

Talent Review

Re-Org
A. Crow
Surprise Whopper

06-02-2013, 12:16 AM

yeah, fuck that- "I was hired to do X job.  I currently do X job.  You're paying me to do X job and my performance is at it's best when you're not telling me I should be doing Y.  FUCK OFF."

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

06-02-2013, 07:23 AM

[Image: the_bobs.jpg]

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
k0ala
BRB, Posting

06-02-2013, 09:21 PM

[Image: rP47s0n.gif]

[Image: i9pkpXG.jpg]
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

06-03-2013, 02:39 PM

A woman I worked with back in college died last week. I'm not sure whether to be thankful of Facebook for telling me about it, or spiteful because it's something I could've gone without knowing (because it makes me sad). Then again, wishing I didn't know makes me sad. She was one of the women who helped me regain my confidence that I could finish college and get a real career instead of living paycheck to paycheck as a pharmacy technician, and I never got a chance to thank her properly.

Women on birth control: TALK TO YOUR FAMILY ABOUT YOUR MEDICAL HISTORY AND GO GET TESTED FOR CLOTTING DISORDERS. This is now the third woman in my life who's been effected by this crap, two close calls and now a fatality for something that's basically entirely preventable if you insist on the proper testing, especially if you've got a family history of clotting problems!

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2013, 02:50 PM by at0m.)
Didzo
Uninstalling

06-03-2013, 05:04 PM

(06-03-2013, 02:39 PM)at0m link Wrote: Women on birth control: TALK TO YOUR FAMILY ABOUT YOUR MEDICAL HISTORY AND GO GET TESTED FOR CLOTTING DISORDERS. This is now the third woman in my life who's been effected by this crap, two close calls and now a fatality for something that's basically entirely preventable if you insist on the proper testing, especially if you've got a family history of clotting problems!

Birth control is one of those things that I am baffled by how many people treat it like some magical pill to make you bleed less and not get pregnant without looking into the risks or taking them seriously.  :-\

---------------

I finally checked my Finals schedule and I have back-to-back exams late Friday night during my last quarter before graduating. >Sad

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]
Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

06-03-2013, 05:24 PM

My girlfriend refuses to use birth control for reasons such as this and I admire her for that.

'Meditation is supposedly the only way to Enlightenment because the only way to find this truth is through inner reflection - therefore, what you are finding to be the truth in your personal journey should ultimately be exactly what I find to be the truth, though all of our journeys are unique.'
HeK
Rotartsinimda

06-03-2013, 06:01 PM

(06-03-2013, 05:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote: My girlfriend refuses to use birth control for reasons such as this and I admire her for that.

Does she have a medical history of blood clotting problems?
There are a number of other problems both caused and prevented by oral contraceptives.

Bottom line: communicate with your doctor and understand the risks and benefits of any medication.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

06-03-2013, 07:17 PM

Birth control has a lot of risks, and a lot of those are exacerbated by other things such as predispositions, smoking, etc.

If you are careful and vigilant, and communicate well with your doctor, I think it's still one of the best options for a lot of women. But it's also super important to EDUCATE YOURSELF.

Learn the risks, do the research, read everything you can get your hands on, and pay attention to your health.

I think that if we had some better sex education in schools some of these pitfalls could be avoided, but unfortunately a lot of people are not... that willing to do the work on their own to find out about what negative side effects might exist. However I don't think we can place the blame solely on the women involved; it helps if their partners are also knowledgeable about not just the pill, but about their partners bodies. The same goes for the ladies; knowing how things work can help save a lot of issues.

Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

06-03-2013, 07:31 PM

I am so ready for RISUG to hit the public market

'Meditation is supposedly the only way to Enlightenment because the only way to find this truth is through inner reflection - therefore, what you are finding to be the truth in your personal journey should ultimately be exactly what I find to be the truth, though all of our journeys are unique.'
Cineo
Lurker

06-05-2013, 12:47 PM

Just found out I lost about a week and a half vacation time. Reason: Don't use it loose it. I thought that we get a week vacation every 6 months so two weeks a year with the previous week expiring a year later. It turns out that you get that 6 months to use the week or you loose it. I always liked to have a week banked just in case I needed it and use the other week as  I needed making sure i used it in a year so i constantly got refreshed. No one told me this when I started here.

TL;DR Small businesses can have crappy HR practices.

[Image: B8z1P9DCAAAPiNZ.jpg]
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

06-05-2013, 01:29 PM

(06-05-2013, 12:47 PM)KillerObe link Wrote: Just found out I lost about a week and a half vacation time. Reason: Don't use it loose it. I thought that we get a week vacation every 6 months so two weeks a year with the previous week expiring a year later. It turns out that you get that 6 months to use the week or you loose it. I always liked to have a week banked just in case I needed it and use the other week as  I needed making sure i used it in a year so i constantly got refreshed. No one told me this when I started here.

TL;DR Small businesses can have crappy HR practices.

Talk with them and ask for a pay-out, use it or loose it is a terrible policy that robs you of what you earned.

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel