Hello There, Guest! Register

The "Fuck my life" thread
Dtrain323i
Oprah Winfrey

11-20-2014, 02:19 PM

Go higher than the highest in the area then negotiate down. Don't settle for what they offer even if it seems like a good deal.

11:35 Socks Greatbacon_work: Just accept the idea of enemas.
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

11-20-2014, 03:37 PM

(11-20-2014, 02:19 PM)Dadtrain323i link Wrote: Go higher than the highest in the area then negotiate down. Don't settle for what they offer even if it seems like a good deal.

They stood firm... unfortunately... oh well.

[Image: b_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111.png]
Neptune
Lurker

11-20-2014, 05:16 PM

(11-20-2014, 03:37 PM)FlyingMongoose link Wrote: [quote author=Dadtrain323i link=topic=3709.msg282138#msg282138 date=1416511140]
Go higher than the highest in the area then negotiate down. Don't settle for what they offer even if it seems like a good deal.

They stood firm... unfortunately... oh well.
[/quote]

Those guys are assholes like that.  When my car got totaled, the amount they gave me was, like $500 short of paying it off.  They wouldn't budge.  So after I got my check, I told them to fuck off and got new insurance. 

Also, GAP coverage on my new car loan.  Not sure if they offer it in your area, but GAP insurance is for just that particular occasion.  The bank will cover the gap between what they give you and the payoff amount.
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

11-20-2014, 05:47 PM

Honestly, it's still a fair value for the vehicle, and the car was fully paid off. So I'm not outright pissed off or anything.

Plus the insurance company has treated us quite well overall and have definitely gone over everything with us.

But let me iterate this for the whole story:
The car was purchased towards the end of last winter when my brother in law totaled his car (he was sick, it was late, icy, and snowy, he hit a patch and ended up in a pretty banged up situation). (He's still in college so still on parents stuff), the last insurance deal covered the full cost of the car for that situation so fully paid.

The wife's then car was passed off to the brother in law, and she got to drive the new car.

When we got married we dealt with all the name changes, etc. etc. before moving to the next step, after all that paperwork was through (about 3 weeks ago) and complete the car title was officially transferred into my wife's name. Renewed plates and her license as well with her new last name. The car being transferred was marked as a "wedding gift", less tax bullshit happens with that.

The recent accident (rear ending) that totaled this car was on November 12th at around 6:20 PM, the title transfer took place on November 8th. Technically my wife owned this car for less than 5 days.

This has upset her quite a bit causing me to do all the insurance arrangement stuff, police reports, and all that. The other dude is definitely getting his license revoked for 6 months at least (maybe some more for some information I found out later but am not aloud to divulge).

Anyway, the money given to us for the vehicle can buy a comparable vehicle with comparable miles (but maybe a model year older, the totaled one was a 2010 Kia Forte Sedan with 80k+ miles on it), plus, and we hate doing it, we still have money from the wedding that was SUPPOSE to go to our late honeymoon (she got a new job so couldn't take extended time off), but a vacation looking unlikely now if we have to go over to get a decent vehicle. Plus she's looking for a different job because she feels her current environment is hostile.

We're kind of avoiding VW Passat's (that 80k mile issue), and avoiding recent Dodge/Chrysler stuff (such bad body rust on those things now, have you seen anything from 2003-2007 of those today? They're falling apart. And with about 20 years worth of GM Recalls that have been happening.... we're probably going to go back to a Kia, or a Honda (a nice accord is listed within our budget).

It's kind of funny though, my parents are now living in Youngstown, which is near Lordestown, which is where a rather large GM plant is... thanksgiving is always interesting when you're driving a korean or japanese vehicle through a GM town... lol.

Dtrain323i
Oprah Winfrey

11-20-2014, 11:45 PM

(11-20-2014, 05:47 PM)FlyingMongoose link Wrote: Honestly, it's still a fair value for the vehicle, and the car was fully paid off. So I'm not outright pissed off or anything.

Plus the insurance company has treated us quite well overall and have definitely gone over everything with us.

The car was purchased towards the end of last winter when my brother in law totaled his car (he was sick, it was late, icy, and snowy, he hit a patch and ended up in a pretty banged up situation). (He's still in college so still on parents stuff), the last insurance deal covered the full cost of the car for that situation so fully paid.

The wife's then car was passed off to the brother in law, and she got to drive the new car.

When we got married we dealt with all the name changes, etc. etc. before moving to the next step, after all that paperwork was through (about 3 weeks ago) and complete the car title was officially transferred into my wife's name. Renewed plates and her license as well with her new last name. The car being transferred was marked as a "wedding gift", less tax bullshit happens with that.

The recent accident (rear ending) that totaled this car was on November 12th at around 6:20 PM, the title transfer took place on November 8th. Technically my wife owned this car for less than 5 days.

This has upset her quite a bit causing me to do all the insurance arrangement stuff, police reports, and all that. The other dude is definitely getting his license revoked for 6 months at least (maybe some more for some information I found out later but am not aloud to divulge).

Anyway, the money given to us for the vehicle can buy a comparable vehicle with comparable miles (but maybe a model year older, the totaled one was a 2010 Kia Forte Sedan with 80k+ miles on it), plus, and we hate doing it, we still have money from the wedding that was SUPPOSE to go to our late honeymoon (she got a new job so couldn't take extended time off), but a vacation looking unlikely now if we have to go over to get a decent vehicle. Plus she's looking for a different job because she feels her current environment is hostile.

We're kind of avoiding VW Passat's (that 80k mile issue), and avoiding recent Dodge/Chrysler stuff (such bad body rust on those things now, have you seen anything from 2003-2007 of those today? They're falling apart. And with about 20 years worth of GM Recalls that have been happening.... we're probably going to go back to a Kia, or a Honda (a nice accord is listed within our budget).

It's kind of funny though, my parents are now living in Youngstown, which is near Lordestown, which is where a rather large GM plant is... thanksgiving is always interesting when you're driving a korean or japanese vehicle through a GM town... lol.

Since you got rear ended, you could always make a claim on the other guys insurance. See who will give you more. That's why you exchange insurance info in an accident. When you make a claim on your own insurance in these situations, you'll get your money minus the deductible then your insurance company makes the claim on the other person's insurance and gets their money back. If you make the claim yourself you don't pay the deductible so you'll get more money back that route. The downside is that you have to deal with a "hostile" insurance company.

11:35 Socks Greatbacon_work: Just accept the idea of enemas.
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

11-21-2014, 07:09 AM

(11-20-2014, 11:45 PM)Dadtrain323i link Wrote: [quote author=FlyingMongoose link=topic=3709.msg282144#msg282144 date=1416523666]
Honestly, it's still a fair value for the vehicle, and the car was fully paid off. So I'm not outright pissed off or anything.

Since you got rear ended, you could always make a claim on the other guys insurance. See who will give you more. That's why you exchange insurance info in an accident. When you make a claim on your own insurance in these situations, you'll get your money minus the deductible then your insurance company makes the claim on the other person's insurance and gets their money back. If you make the claim yourself you don't pay the deductible so you'll get more money back that route. The downside is that you have to deal with a "hostile" insurance company.
[/quote]

He didn't have any :- so we have that bullshit

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

11-22-2014, 01:51 PM

Got a call from family today, my cousin was in a bad car accident and likely to die. If that happens thanksgiving plans are off, and the funeral will likely be during that weekend.
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

11-22-2014, 01:55 PM

If you're not at-fault, you should never be paying a deductible because it goes against the other guy's liability coverage. There's a reason that shit is required by law.

Karth, that blows. Next time I'm out that way you're definitely getting a bottle of rum and an uncomfortably long hug. Not sure what else to offer beyond that and support if you wanna talk.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

11-22-2014, 08:58 PM

(11-22-2014, 01:55 PM)atm0m link Wrote: If you're not at-fault, you should never be paying a deductible because it goes against the other guy's liability coverage. There's a reason that shit is required by law.

Karth, that blows. Next time I'm out that way you're definitely getting a bottle of rum and an uncomfortably long hug. Not sure what else to offer beyond that and support if you wanna talk.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm fully aware of this, and Karth, dude, that totally bites, I hope things work out in the end Undecided

KarthXLR

11-22-2014, 09:29 PM

(11-22-2014, 01:51 PM)Karth link Wrote: Got a call from family today, my cousin was in a bad car accident and likely to die. If that happens thanksgiving plans are off, and the funeral will likely be during that weekend.
He's dead.
FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

11-22-2014, 09:38 PM

(11-22-2014, 09:29 PM)Karth link Wrote: [quote author=Karth link=topic=3709.msg282170#msg282170 date=1416682298]
Got a call from family today, my cousin was in a bad car accident and likely to die. If that happens thanksgiving plans are off, and the funeral will likely be during that weekend.
He's dead.
[/quote]

Dude, I'm so sorry Sad

Eightball
Booze Makes Me Gay

11-23-2014, 08:13 PM

I'm sorry to hear that Karth. Best wishes to you and your family.
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

11-24-2014, 08:42 AM

(11-22-2014, 09:29 PM)Karth link Wrote: [quote author=Karth link=topic=3709.msg282170#msg282170 date=1416682298]
He's dead.
[/quote]

Really sorry to hear that. My condolences.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

11-24-2014, 09:51 AM

He's dead.
[/quote]

Sorry to hear that, my condolences :'(

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

11-25-2014, 10:04 PM

Looks like I need to buy a new wireless router =(

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
KarthXLR

12-05-2014, 03:53 AM

Sorry if I've been a bit of an asshole lately, I have no excuse. I feel like some pretentiousness may have encompassed me due to pain from my cousin passing. I had a breakdown the night it happened and just seized up and cried. I'm doing a lot better now, but I'm tearing up here and there thinking of my uncle and aunt losing their son. I hate the man that killed him, but I don't want to be blinded by fury. On top of this, I miss my friends. I miss my mom and dad. I miss my family.

The last month has been a whirlwind of life giving and taking away. I'm sorry if I let that come between any of you.
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

12-05-2014, 12:42 PM

It's ok bro, we're here for you if you need us.

[Image: jGZ8WTv.png]

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
VeraLapsa
Minecraft Overlord

12-06-2014, 12:11 PM

Got out of a behaviour unit in a hospital yesterday, I checked myself in on Tuesday morning. I'm definitely feeling better now but man I'm definitely going to try and not have utilize that service again, not a pleasant place to be.

Woo hoo ACEN here I come.
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

12-15-2014, 02:44 PM

I'd been wondering where my roommate had been for the last week, so I decided to google his name. Turns out he just got arrested with 29 grams of heroin and a shitload of other drugs.

FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

12-16-2014, 12:11 AM

(12-15-2014, 02:44 PM)Eschatos link Wrote: I'd been wondering where my roommate had been for the last week, so I decided to google his name. Turns out he just got arrested with 29 grams of heroin and a shitload of other drugs.
Great so... you take any steps not to incriminate yourself if they come knocking at your door?