Hello There, Guest! Register

Demon's Souls
Tragic Hero
Too Asexual For A Custom Title

11-01-2009, 05:13 PM

(11-01-2009, 08:14 AM)Wedge link Wrote: So I finally played this and it was sort of awesome.  Atlus still had the world tendency set to black when I started 1-1, so I could go to the executioner's grounds.  The black phantom of the executioner chick is in the tower there, and I lured her out and jumped off a cliff and she followed me and I got like 11k souls and her axe.  But it was my first time playing the game, so I had to beat the level before I could spend them on level ups.  So about halfway through the level I fucked up a fight against a blue eyes knight and should have died but somehow I survived with ONE hp left, it looked like I had nothing on my health bar.  I lured a bunch of those guys out and ran past them where I could too, it was pretty sweet.  In the end I made it all the way to the boss without dying (all in soul form of course, because I had to die initially to kill the black phantom), and I had 10 fire bombs and 4 turpentines to deal with him, so it should all be good.

Except wait, the world tendency is black, so he's got like twice as many spear blobs as usual and the firebombs only take half life off them.  Not quite knowing how to fight the battle, I managed to use all my firebombs and all but one turpentine and then I DIED.  So now I'm stuck in 1-1 with 1 turpentine, a kite shield, a mace, and a mail breaker.  And I've got to run into a boss room full of at least 40 spear blobs, pick the souls off my corpse, and then actually kill the boss.  I really thought I was totally screwed, circling around the mass of enemies, they were EVERYWHERE and the best I could do was occasionally get right behind one and do 4 jabs for a kill with the mailbreaker from behind my shield guard (though usually I could only get 3 off safely).  I spent at least a whole hour circling around the room, picking off a stray blob wherever I could until eventually about half were gone, I put on my turpentine, took out a few more, and then FINALLY whittled down the rest, leaving the stupid blob defenseless on it's own.  I shoved him around a bit before smashing him to blobby bits.  And went back to the Nexus with 18k+ souls in tow after my first level in the game.  Bad ass.

Hah, thats awesome.  I think I had the same amount of souls (or possibly more) by dying so many times.  And I can only imagine how the Major Phalanx boss could be annoying if you weren't a magic user and you didn't have a fire weapon or many firebombs/turpentines/etc.  In my first play I just had the fragrant ring attached and circled around and Soul Arrow'd (I think thats the spell) until I beat the boss.

Glad you're enjoying it Big Grin
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

11-04-2009, 01:35 PM

This is the best PC RPG released this year.  Except it came out on PS3.  Woops.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
shoopfox
BRB, Posting

11-04-2009, 05:49 PM

God the 3-3 boss can be annoying if the other player wants to be a dickbag and heal a lot. I won eventually but all the other person did was fire homing arrows and run from me constantly even though they were a melee class O_o
Neonie
The Alphabet has 24 Letters

11-13-2009, 08:26 AM

I got this game yesterday, been playing it in the night. It's a pretty cool guy and I picked the Royal class under you guys recommendation. Which was really fucking fortunate because I would be pretty fucked up the ass if it weren't for that soul arrow most of the time. This is the only game I've ever played where I both HAVE to switch between two different class types to get threw the game AND the game provided an effective way to do that on the fly without me having to go into over 9000!!! MENU'S to do it. I make great use of both my melee and mage attacks, depending on the situation I'm in.

Alright well I'm probably going to go to sleep now, I don't seem to be playing very well this morning as I've lost upwards of 1,500 souls.

By the way, is there a way to check how many message recommendations you have, like somewhere you can keep tabs of all your messages and how many marks of approval they have?

Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

11-13-2009, 09:24 PM

(11-13-2009, 08:26 AM)Neonie in a Suit link Wrote: I got this game yesterday, been playing it in the night. It's a pretty cool guy and I picked the Royal class under you guys recommendation. Which was really fucking fortunate because I would be pretty fucked up the ass if it weren't for that soul arrow most of the time. This is the only game I've ever played where I both HAVE to switch between two different class types to get threw the game AND the game provided an effective way to do that on the fly without me having to go into over 9000!!! MENU'S to do it. I make great use of both my melee and mage attacks, depending on the situation I'm in.

Alright well I'm probably going to go to sleep now, I don't seem to be playing very well this morning as I've lost upwards of 1,500 souls.

By the way, is there a way to check how many message recommendations you have, like somewhere you can keep tabs of all your messages and how many marks of approval they have?

The only way you can check your message approvals is to go to where they are and look them.  It'll notify you when someone recommends one and refill your health (though this seems sort of buggy).  It's not that important really, they just disappear eventually anyways.  And I assure you 1500 souls is absolutely nothing to be worried about.

(09-11-2008, 05:11 PM)Dave link Wrote:i would totaly ride that gay ass dragon thing.
Neonie

11-14-2009, 01:45 PM

Well that kind of sucks, would of been nice if you could see which messages were most effective. Also, where the hell are you guys getting these "World #whatever" things from? I can't find a map of anywhere to save my life so how exactly you would decided what constitutes world 1-2/3/9000 is beyond me.

Also Also I don't know how to use prayers. My catalyst doesn't seem to work and I'm a good two faith levels above requirement.

i also can't find a place to buy armor barring that guy in world one and I really want a new helmet because the one I have is super ugly.

It sounds like I'm having quite a few problems but I actually quite enjoy this game, I've beat the red dragon by standing on a bridge and shooting Soul Shot at it continuously, picking off it's health seemingly one by one, I beat Phalanax by running around using Soul Shot. I beat spider thing by using a mixture of Soul Shot and Arrows. Soul Shot seems to be really fucking useful for killing bosses, I don't think it's possible to get threw this game without some kind of ranged weapon, so if you want to be melee only your pretty goddamn fucked.

Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

11-14-2009, 03:39 PM

Neonie you should use the wiki. You need a talisman to use miracles, the talisman of beasts lets you do both but it is really hard to get.

So I found a good grinding method and uhh yea I'm getting some levels. Epee does a lot of fire damage but my magic isn't high enough to use it yet, I've been trying to get my intelligence to 30. So far I got 2 skills where I want them now I just gotta pimp intelligence and magic, maybe some faith. I'm trying to get my winged spear to +6 and I need large sharp shards  >Sad >Sad. Also I'm pretty much a straight magic user now, everything I'm using or trying to use revolves around me getting magic to resupply all the magic I'm using up.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

11-14-2009, 07:13 PM

(11-14-2009, 03:39 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: Neonie you should use the wiki. You need a talisman to use miracles, the talisman of beasts lets you do both but it is really hard to get.

So I found a good grinding method and uhh yea I'm getting some levels. Epee does a lot of fire damage but my magic isn't high enough to use it yet, I've been trying to get my intelligence to 30. So far I got 2 skills where I want them now I just gotta pimp intelligence and magic, maybe some faith. I'm trying to get my winged spear to +6 and I need large sharp shards  >Sad >Sad. Also I'm pretty much a straight magic user now, everything I'm using or trying to use revolves around me getting magic to resupply all the magic I'm using up.

Can the spear be upgraded to Crescent?  Danno why you care about that if you're going magic otherwise.  I guess there is Moonlight, but that's hard as shit to upgrade and not as good as Crescent imo.  Levels are easy for me to get, but I'm trying to not level too much so I don't get black phantoms of too high a level.  I've completely beaten every world except I never played anything in 1 past 1-1.  I'm gonna have fun there playing while alive the whole time and dealing with BP's, since I don't care about my WT in 1.  I've got a + 10 Composite Longbow (best for me when I don't use dex), a +4 Dragon Mace (fuuuuu need just 2 more Dragonstone chunks), and a Meat Cleaver as my main weapons right now.  Had to trade my Large Moonlight Sword for the faith ring when I broke Selen Vinland's quest by killing Garl Vinland's BP before talking to her >=/. Trying to think of what kind of Blessed weapon to make now, I think using my Executioner Axe would be cool, even if it's not that great a weapon.

Surf314

11-14-2009, 07:37 PM

Yea I did a moonlight winged spear which is pretty damned nice. I'm trying to figure out what to make into crescent since I have a shit load of crescent materials. This game is a lot of work  >Sad I need to level my dex up 4 more and my strength up 8 more to use this sweet bow but I dunno if it's worth not leveling magic.

Neonie

11-14-2009, 08:21 PM

I hadn't even thought about a wiki, that's really helpful I just wish the wiki skin they used wasn't so shit. (Old school wiki skin > All else. Keep it simple).

Also I found that Dragon Long Sword.. I cut threw most enemies like butter now unless their impervious to melee (I'm looking at you, you fucking miner scum on World 2, that comprises MOST of the fucking world).

Also world 3 is terrifying.. I don't really have much to add to that.. it's just terrifying. Also the prison guard lady is a bitch and the "singing" when you go up the stairs and past that room is seriously just.. well, I don't think i ever want to go in World 3 again tbh but I know I'm going to have to  :Smile

Wedge
I make Reavers my Bitch

11-14-2009, 08:54 PM

(11-14-2009, 07:37 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: Yea I did a moonlight winged spear which is pretty damned nice. I'm trying to figure out what to make into crescent since I have a shit load of crescent materials. This game is a lot of work  >Sad I need to level my dex up 4 more and my strength up 8 more to use this sweet bow but I dunno if it's worth not leveling magic.

White Bow ain't worth it man, just find a bow that works for you character, only thing you'll need it for is cheesing things out anyways, not real combat if you're a mage.  You can always make another character with specs more geared towards using dex weapons and such.

Surf314

11-15-2009, 09:41 AM

(11-14-2009, 08:21 PM)Neonie in a Suit link Wrote: I hadn't even thought about a wiki, that's really helpful I just wish the wiki skin they used wasn't so shit. (Old school wiki skin > All else. Keep it simple).

Also I found that Dragon Long Sword.. I cut threw most enemies like butter now unless their impervious to melee (I'm looking at you, you fucking miner scum on World 2, that comprises MOST of the fucking world).

Also world 3 is terrifying.. I don't really have much to add to that.. it's just terrifying. Also the prison guard lady is a bitch and the "singing" when you go up the stairs and past that room is seriously just.. well, I don't think i ever want to go in World 3 again tbh but I know I'm going to have to  :Smile

Wait until you beat the old monk, actually no the whole thing just keeps getting creepier.

Surf314

11-15-2009, 01:37 PM

I think I've had my fill of this game for a while. I have a crescent uchiguayawhatever +3 but I still keep dying. Maybe I will try to kill one more boss in level 4 before calling it quits.

Neonie

11-15-2009, 05:33 PM

(11-15-2009, 09:41 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=Neonie in a Suit link=topic=3711.msg122507#msg122507 date=1258248086]
I hadn't even thought about a wiki, that's really helpful I just wish the wiki skin they used wasn't so shit. (Old school wiki skin > All else. Keep it simple).

Wait until you beat the old monk, actually no the whole thing just keeps getting creepier.
[/quote]

Ya level 3 could really use a "Flower" esq macanic. Actually, that would be pretty fun for the entire game, like if you beat a boss on a particular part, it turns the part you beat it on into a more prosperous place. Like let's say you beat level 3 and it goes from a prison to an Inn. Problem solved.

Surf314

11-16-2009, 08:38 AM

Ok my +3 ugachaka owns. Two hits kills all skeletors.

Neonie

11-16-2009, 04:39 PM

(11-16-2009, 08:38 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: Ok my +3 ugachaka owns. Two hits kills all skeletors.

[Image: skeletor.jpg]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Neonie

11-16-2009, 07:51 PM

By the way, are Skeletors those rolling skeletons you see when you first enter world 4? Because I've been able to 2 hit them for quite a while, like before I even defeated tower knight or Red Dragon, (when I went to go get my talisman ), right after I got my Dragon Long sword, I just owned the shit out of them by setting them on fire.

Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

11-16-2009, 08:04 PM

(11-16-2009, 07:51 PM)Neonie in a Suit link Wrote: By the way, are Skeletors those rolling skeletons you see when you first enter world 4? Because I've been able to 2 hit them for quite a while, like before I even defeated tower knight or Red Dragon, (when I went to go get my talisman ), right after I got my Dragon Long sword, I just owned the shit out of them by setting them on fire.

Way to rain on his parade.

Surf314

11-16-2009, 08:15 PM

(11-16-2009, 08:04 PM)Eschatos link Wrote: [quote author=Neonie in a Suit link=topic=3711.msg122710#msg122710 date=1258419072]
By the way, are Skeletors those rolling skeletons you see when you first enter world 4? Because I've been able to 2 hit them for quite a while, like before I even defeated tower knight or Red Dragon, (when I went to go get my talisman ), right after I got my Dragon Long sword, I just owned the shit out of them by setting them on fire.

[/quote]

Yea srsly

Neonie

11-16-2009, 08:23 PM

(11-16-2009, 08:15 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=Eschatos link=topic=3711.msg122711#msg122711 date=1258419882]
[quote author=Neonie in a Suit link=topic=3711.msg122710#msg122710 date=1258419072]

[/quote]

Yea srsly
[/quote]

just saying Tongue. Tell me when you find a weapon that two hits the guy past the Red Eye night on World 1 (Or how the fuck your even supposed to kill him at all). I will then be thoroughly impressed.