Hello There, Guest! Register

remote desktop program
SAVAGE-0
BRB, Posting

10-29-2009, 04:38 PM

Hey guys, I'm going to start using a remote desktop program for my iphone, mainly so i can DL stuff off megaupload while im at work.  I dont know much about security, but I assume having a vnc server program can be risky to security?  Not like I have anything on my PC worth stealing... but should I have some sort of firewall etc if I'm leaving this on?  Or is it safe enough with a username and password...?  Does anyone use a vnc program they think is better than others? 

edit - program works fine... looks like I dont even need a vnc program at all, te one the iphone app comes with works through remote desktop, so I guess its only the security issue

trust me... I'm a 2L
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2009, 05:24 PM by SAVAGE-0.)
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

10-29-2009, 05:08 PM

I wasn't aware that Remote desktop worked on PC. My family uses it on a few macs.
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

10-29-2009, 09:02 PM

use team viewer if you roll like that
real men use VNC though

-edit-
just encrypt the password if it allows you to

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

11-01-2009, 02:18 AM

(10-29-2009, 09:02 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: real men use VNC though

-edit-
just encrypt the password if it allows you to
this.

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu