Grand Theft Auto 4: Gay Tony
Neonie
The Alphabet has 24 Letters

10-30-2009, 11:47 PM

It's good. Anyone else playing this?

Squishy3
Closet Furry

10-31-2009, 12:06 AM

Getting the Episodes of Liberty City disc from Gamefly tomorrow, sold my GTA IV base game a longtime ago and Episodes is standalone. fuck yeah.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

11-03-2009, 04:14 PM

I rented this.  I had seen the first one played by my friend, but I sold GTA4 off a long time ago due to it lacking zero replay value, lacked much fun, and vehicles handle like they greased the tires and put them onto an ice skating rink.

And it still handles like that, pretty much killing the game for me again.  I played alittle bit of both.  The stories are great sure and they combine well with the main plot and of course the city and game plays well, but it's hard for me to have fun with this game anymore.  I'm still having more fun with Saints Row 2 than I did with GTA4 which ended after I beat the game.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
Neonie

11-03-2009, 11:32 PM

GTA4's vehicles have depth. I personally fucking love the way GTA4's vehicles handle, because they aren't fucking boring. The physics are what make everything about the game fun. I played Saints Row 2 first, then I played GTA4, after I played GTA4 I couldn't find a reason to pick up Saints Row 2 again because it was so much less polished and it lacked the animations that make GTA4 so goddamn fun and interesting. Even the cheat system in GTA4 is better because you can't have infinite, so you have to stratagize how you go about things instead of just standing in the street shooting stuff.

At one point I got hold up in a hospital in GTA4 and kept shooting soldiers as they came down a hallway. I had to wait until they stopped coming threw to make my move to run. I never got out of that hospital alive but it was fucking fun. I don't really like my games to be totally mindless and unrealistic, because it takes me out of the immersion. 

Maxon
BRB, Posting

11-04-2009, 12:21 AM

Does depth mean they can't take a corner without sliding all over the place?  Sure I could drive slow, but when I got cops behind me, I say screw that.  Nothing about the vehicles in GTA4 are good in anyway, not too mention they removed customization so all the cars are generic and the same.  And the physics aren't all that great when just getting bumped collapses you into a ragdoll.

Not saying that Saints Row 2 is the best, having bugs, lesser graphics than GTA4, last generation AI, and generic plot, but at least it's fun.  I can customize cars, use my money for something, fully customize my character, the side missions are entertaining, and it's just wildly over the top.  GTA4 looks good, has story, and kinda better combat mostly due to the lock-on system, but once you get through the story, there's nothing to do.  You got a big chunk of change and nothing to do with it...ooo...fun...

[fr31ns]Karrde
The Handy Murse

11-04-2009, 10:11 AM

Buy lots of ammo and armor at all times at Ammunation?

<+Karrde> welp, time to learn some basic patterning skills
<@Negate> 12121212121212121212
<@Negate> there is a simple pattern
<+Karrde> I changed my mind.  Gonna cosplay as a gay demon from hell and get negate raped instead XD
<+Caffeine`work> Karrde: Gay demon? Why would you need to cosplay just go as yourself
<+FlyingMongoose> Caffeine`work: Karrde would actually have to tone it down some.
Maxon
BRB, Posting

11-04-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:Karrde link=topic=3808.msg121109#msg121109 date=1257347514]
Buy lots of ammo and armor at all times at Ammunation?

Always a good time.

[fr31ns]Karrde
The Handy Murse

11-04-2009, 06:50 PM

Can you pick up gigolos in gay tony?

<+Karrde> welp, time to learn some basic patterning skills
<@Negate> 12121212121212121212
<@Negate> there is a simple pattern
<+Karrde> I changed my mind.  Gonna cosplay as a gay demon from hell and get negate raped instead XD
<+Caffeine`work> Karrde: Gay demon? Why would you need to cosplay just go as yourself
<+FlyingMongoose> Caffeine`work: Karrde would actually have to tone it down some.
Neonie

11-04-2009, 11:52 PM

You can't say that driving in GTA4 had no redeeming factors, that's subjective.

Squishy3
Closet Furry

11-05-2009, 12:01 AM

Finished it. I was pleased. I think the greatest thing is showing all the different sides of each story and seeing why certain things were like they were. (Such as going into the airport = instant 5 star wanted level because of a terrorist attack.) and finding out what happened to those GODDAMN DIAMONDS.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

11-05-2009, 01:04 AM

(11-05-2009, 12:01 AM)Squishy3 link Wrote: Finished it. I was pleased. I think the greatest thing is showing all the different sides of each story and seeing why certain things were like they were. (Such as going into the airport = instant 5 star wanted level because of a terrorist attack.) and finding out what happened to those GODDAMN DIAMONDS.

I might give episodes another playthrough sometime down the road since I do like the story and characters for the game.