Hello There, Guest! Register

Spike VGA announcements (Batman 2, SW:Force Unleashed 2, Greenday: RB, MOH)
Maxon
BRB, Posting

12-12-2009, 08:02 PM

Right off the bat, with Mark Hammil as the Joker voicing the opening with a giant present on the stage and them doing a teaser video of Gotham under attack for a sequel of the recent Batman game with the Joker looking abit under the weather due to the previous games involvement.  Fuck yes. 

I'll update as it goes.

*EDIT*
Jack Black for best voice for Eddie Riggs, though I think Mark Hammill should've won, his acceptance was entertaining lol

Though not an announcement, they showed a teaser for the new True Crime game.

*EDIT 2*
Tron: Evolution videogame coming out.  Showed some footage.  Could be good I guess.  I have no clue, I was never a huge Tron fan so it's not something I'm super excited about.  Third person action I think, since it was just pre-rendered, of course bike racing.

*EDIT 3*
Assassins Creed 2 winces for best action game.  Can't really comment since I never played it, though it won over Arkham Asylum, Brutal Legend, and Uncharted 2.

*EDIT 4*
The show this year seems alot more straightforward than the nonsense of past shows so far.  It's to the point, nothing seems overdone...No host either...Right now there's a tease for the Deadliest Warriors show and it's releasing a video game...Might be fun if done well.  NINJA'S VERSUS PIRATES FINALLY.

Up next is Sammie Jackson announcing the next new Star Wars game.

*EDIT 5*
New UFC game coming out...IT HAS KIMBO SLICE OMG...lol The last one was entertaining to watch, but I'm not into fighters really.  My friends will be excited.

Rocksteady (Batman) won for best studio.  Beat out IW, Valve, and one other that I spaced on.

The new Star Wars game is...not shockingly a sequel to The Force Unleashed with the teaser having the guy I guess from the first one getting ready to fight a gigantic monster that kicks a Rancors ass while battling the words of Vader and Yoda in his head.  I didn't play the first one, so I can't tell if this is good.

*EDIT 6*
Another trailer for Prince of Persia.  My gut tells me to not get excited, but at least it looks good for once for a game movie.  Will it be good?  I don't know, but game movies have a bad track record lol

Boring, sports games...NHL10...Woopie...Go hockey...not surprisingly it was made in Canada XD

Footage from a new Prince of Persia game...not so exciting, then again I didn't care about this series.

Ugghh...Snoop Dog up next, hope that hurries up to see Medal of Honor.

*EDIT 7*
Hugh Jackson won for best male performance and accepted best cast for the Wolverine game.

Best independent game...man I don't think I played even one and I only heard of one game XD...winner is "Flower".

Blargh...Snoop Dog.  Make it stop.

*EDIT 8*
Spec Ops: The Line looks pretty badass.  Not sure what it's about, but it takes part in a city that went through an apocalypse and looks to be slowly being taken by the sand.  Always count me in for something post-apocalyptic.  Maybe a middle eastern setting like Syria or around there maybe?

UFC 2009 for best individual sports game.

Crackdown 2 footage.  Definitely count me in for this game.  More interesting city? Freaky zombies? Super powers? Yes, please.

*EDIT 9*
Best RPG winner is Dragon Age.

Yup, Green Day band game...That's all.  No details, they say it'll have their music and imagery...Still hop they don't take it past a big track pack.  I don't want to pay 50 bucks for a half dozen or so songs that I might not be able to export to RB2.

*EDIT 10*
The new Medal of Honor game looks like it could just be another sequel to Modern Warfare, but I'll take it lol

Best shooter is unsurprisingly is Modern Warfare 2 which it also one best multiplayer game.  At least it wasn't Halo: ODST. lol

*EDIT 11*
Best music game is The Beatles: Rock Band.

And now for some random pop punk band with their guitarist playing their guitar with a violin stick...Wow this sounds fucking terrible lol

*EDIT 12*
Halo: Reach stuff now.  Of course I know it's another shooter through leaked pictures...Boy it looks pretty. Mixing ODST troops and Spartans.  More yes.  No gameplay footage.  Silent hero again maybe. Nothing new announced though I believe it's supposed to have a new gameplay engine instead of just rehashing the Halo 3 one. As long as they don't repeat Halo: ODST, I'll like it.

Uncharted 2 for game of the year.

And it's over.  Good show, I liked it.  Could've used less rap and awful sounding pop rock bands, but it was enjoyable.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-12-2009, 09:57 PM by Maxon.)
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

12-12-2009, 08:07 PM

Oooh, Arkham Asylum 2. I can dig it.

They also apparently teased Green Day: Rock Band. I am not amused by harmonix's shenanigans.
Maxon
BRB, Posting

12-12-2009, 08:11 PM

(12-12-2009, 08:07 PM)Karthmas link Wrote: Oooh, Arkham Asylum 2. I can dig it.

They also apparently teased Green Day: Rock Band. I am not amused by harmonix's shenanigans.

Yeah the video leaked out, but having seen it, I think it'll just be a glorified track pack.  No way they could give Green Day the full treatment like they did with The Beatles.  I'm calling it as a 15 to 25 song setlist with some new stages and of course the band being playable with maybe one special stage.

Squishy3
Closet Furry

12-12-2009, 08:37 PM

The other studio of the year was Naughty Dog.

So far Arkham 2 and Force Unleashed 2 are the best announcements. There will def. be a Megaman 10 trailer shown since the Megaman mobile was there. Maybe something SSFIV related too since they had Street Fighter IV arcade machines set up on the red carpet. Samuel Jackson was pretty awesome when he came out.

Looks like the new Prince of Persia is going to coincide with the movie, character looks exactly like the Jake Gyllenhaal Prince.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2009, 08:46 PM by Squishy3.)
Maxon
BRB, Posting

12-12-2009, 08:46 PM

(12-12-2009, 08:37 PM)Squishy3 link Wrote: The other studio of the year was Naughty Dog.

So far Arkham 2 and Force Unleashed 2 are the best announcements. There will def. be a Megaman 10 trailer shown since the Megaman mobile was there. Maybe something SSFIV related too since they had Street Fighter IV arcade machines set up on the red carpet. Samuel Jackson was pretty awesome when he came out.

A Megaman 10 trailer sounds a bit unnecessary for a game that everyone knows what it will be like XD SHEEP MAN!

I'm definitely liking the show this year.  They cut out most of the bullshit filler it seems.  There is no host, people don't spend too long or like Jackson/Black are entertaining for the time they are on lol

Squishy3
Closet Furry

12-12-2009, 09:00 PM

There'll be something Megaman thrown up there, I know it.

That snoop dogg performance was pretty cool.

Hm, didn't expect Demon's Souls and Mario and Luigi to be nominated for best rpg.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2009, 09:19 PM by Squishy3.)
Maxon
BRB, Posting

12-12-2009, 10:03 PM

Overall I'm excited for...

- Batman 2 - Picks up right after the first game to some degree, with Gotham in a shitstorm and a recovering joking leading the charge once again.

- Spec Ops: The Line - Post-apocalyptic shooter set in wasteland desert city.  Third person action, cover system, environment traps such as sinkholes.

- Crackdown 2 - Take the first games fun action, add in some great story and gritty up the setting with zombies and a city in turmoil and you got a winning game.

- Medal of Honor - EA's new game to combat Modern Warfare 2 with another game about Modern Warfare.  Could very well be just another sequel by IW, but I'm not gonna complain really.  Better than another boring WW2 shooter lol

- Halo: Reach - Though I know nothing more about the game from the teaser, it looks good, introduces some badass Spartans and ODSTs and hopefully will not be boring and lame like Halo 3: ODST.

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2009, 10:06 PM by Maxon.)
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

12-12-2009, 10:06 PM

(12-12-2009, 10:03 PM)Maxon link Wrote: - Halo: Reach - Though I know nothing more about the game from the teaser, it looks good, introduces some badass Spartans and ODSTs and hopefully will be boring and lame like Halo 3: ODST.
I hope so too.
Maxon
BRB, Posting

12-12-2009, 10:07 PM

(12-12-2009, 10:06 PM)Karthmas link Wrote: [quote author=Maxon link=topic=3967.msg126476#msg126476 date=1260673392]
- Halo: Reach - Though I know nothing more about the game from the teaser, it looks good, introduces some badass Spartans and ODSTs and hopefully will be boring and lame like Halo 3: ODST.
I hope so too.
[/quote]

Dang't, caught that too late XD

Squishy3
Closet Furry

12-12-2009, 10:12 PM

Halo Reach is the part in the storyline when all the Spartans except Master Chief get wiped out, when they say a Spartan never dies, they're only missing in action is because the Spartan they're going to go rescue is trapped in a bunker with the scientist behind the Spartan project. Reach is also the last line of defense before the Covenant can reach Earth.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

12-12-2009, 10:19 PM

(12-12-2009, 10:12 PM)Squishy3 link Wrote: Halo Reach is the part in the storyline when all the Spartans except Master Chief get wiped out, when they say a Spartan never dies, they're only missing in action is because the Spartan they're going to go rescue is trapped in a bunker with the scientist behind the Spartan project. Reach is also the last line of defense before the Covenant can reach Earth.

Yup, knew that.  I read the books also, heh.  Should make for some fun battles.

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

12-12-2009, 10:39 PM

These award shows are such jokes  :-\

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

12-13-2009, 01:35 AM

i saw the video for crackdown 2
i will now resume not watching

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Squishy3
Closet Furry

12-13-2009, 02:04 AM

(12-12-2009, 10:39 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: These award shows are such jokes  :-\
they gave developer of the year to rocksteady, which honestly I didn't expect. Action-adventure went to Arkham Asylum as well. opening was awesome too with them spraying joker gas all over the place.

K2
BRB, Posting

12-13-2009, 02:13 AM

Megan Fox won the award for best female voice acting. I think that pretty well sums up the quality of the VGAs.

Also Assassin's Creed II won best Action-Adventure, not Arkham Asylum.
Maxon
BRB, Posting

12-13-2009, 03:42 AM

(12-13-2009, 02:13 AM)K2 link Wrote: Megan Fox won the award for best female voice acting. I think that pretty well sums up the quality of the VGAs.

That, I missed.  For the most part, I thought the show was alot better this year aside from awards that people thought other deserved and the crap music they chose (Who the fuck is The Bravery anyways?), though Megan Fox winning an award for anything really puts a damper on things.

Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

12-13-2009, 11:17 AM

Street Fighter IV Best Fighting Game?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuu

Blaz Blue should've won that one..It's not broken and the gameplay it's awesome and innovative

Gee, i hate when these awards base on "the game i could finish" or "the game most people are playing"

Also GTA: Chinatown Wars Best Handheld game?  The game wasn't that good, the story was as cliché as possible and the drug dealing sim was pathetic (do i really need to know how drug dealing feels like?) it only won because it had GTA slapped on it

Squishy3
Closet Furry

12-22-2009, 11:21 PM

(12-13-2009, 11:17 AM)Vongore link Wrote: Street Fighter IV Best Fighting Game?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuu

Blaz Blue should've won that one..It's not broken and the gameplay it's awesome and innovative

Gee, i hate when these awards base on "the game i could finish" or "the game most people are playing"

Also GTA: Chinatown Wars Best Handheld game?  The game wasn't that good, the story was as cliché as possible and the drug dealing sim was pathetic (do i really need to know how drug dealing feels like?) it only won because it had GTA slapped on it
Blaz blue, while good is less balanced than Street Fighter 4. The worst matchup in Street Fighter 4 is Seth vs Zangief. Meanwhile, Tager vs Nu is completely unwinnable, and nearly every character has a hard enough time fighting her to begin with. Carl has an infinite throw loop that barely any character can break out of, and there's many other problems that I don't even know about because I don't play the game anymoire because nobody plays it. Street Fighter IV is also a more complete package, and especially for people who don't take them seriously, there's plenty of doable things they can unlock and stuff.

Let's see, a fighting game with a niche audience or a fighting game that appeals to a lot of people in the serious crowd and the not-serious crowd? Blaz blue wasn't a financial and commercial success the same reason SF3 wasn't a financial and commercial success.