Hello There, Guest! Register

anyone know what this is?
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

12-13-2009, 01:35 PM

http://imgur.com/xYWi0&kakTR

http://imgur.com/xYWi0&kakTRl

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

12-13-2009, 01:45 PM

Power connector for a floppy

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
HeK
Rotartsinimda

12-13-2009, 01:58 PM

(12-13-2009, 01:45 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: Power connector for a floppy

Neg, a floppy power connector looks like:

[Image: floppy-power.jpg]

The connector Zaneyard posted is a generic 5-pin connector, it could literally be used for anything.

Zaneyard, what context is this cable used in? Did it come with any specific piece of hardware?
zaneyard

12-13-2009, 02:05 PM

it's the other side of the USB cable that connects to the mainboard in my mouse

sorry i should have posted context

i need a way to replace that end, that's why i asked if anyone knew what it was, and in that response i could get one.

need a way to crimp it though too..

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
HeK
Rotartsinimda

12-13-2009, 02:15 PM

Digikey will have them, or if you are lucky enough to live near a Fry's Electronics.
They crimp on very easily, you can do it with a pair of pliers.

I can see a break in the cord in the background of the first image. I am guessing that there is nothing wrong with the plug, but a break in the cable. If that is the case, you are better off just getting some heat shrink, cutting the cable and soldering it back together.
zaneyard

12-13-2009, 03:26 PM

(12-13-2009, 02:15 PM)HeK link Wrote: Digikey will have them, or if you are lucky enough to live near a Fry's Electronics.
They crimp on very easily, you can do it with a pair of pliers.

I can see a break in the cord in the background of the first image. I am guessing that there is nothing wrong with the plug, but a break in the cable. If that is the case, you are better off just getting some heat shrink, cutting the cable and soldering it back together.
see that's the thing, it's broken in more than one place
the break in the outer sheathing isn't even where it's broken on the inside...

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
zaneyard

12-13-2009, 03:32 PM

i just figured it would be easier to shorten the cable and re-terminate it than having to re-attach two ends

wonder if i could just buy a replacement cable

what is this called, i could only find USB a and USB B and mini and all that sort of thing in digikey

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2009, 03:36 PM by zaneyard.)
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

12-15-2009, 12:55 AM

Protip: if you have a dremel, gender changers can net you USB connectors you'd otherwise be unable to find on the cheap. Slice the plastic and usually you can get at them pretty easily.

As far as those connectors go, they're probably reusable if you can get the pins out. You'd probably spend more on parts trying to repair it than you would on a new mouse, unless you cannibalize another that you have laying around (like I did with my Intellimouse explorer by ganking parts off of Caff's old broken one)

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
zaneyard

12-15-2009, 03:20 AM

i ended up chopping off a few inches where i suspected the break was and taping the wires, works fine now

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE