Hello There, Guest! Register

Global Agenda?
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

08-23-2010, 10:47 PM

(08-23-2010, 10:16 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=Versus-pwny- link=topic=3987.msg170757#msg170757 date=1282619488]
why

Dump your skill points into bombs and swords and you will see why. Or better yet try robotics. Basically you set up your shit and defend it fairly nicely and then a cloaked jerk comes up and drops an EMP and a fire bomb on you. Now you are stunned, your shit doesn't work, and it's on fire. Oh and the cloaked jerk? He is stabbing the shit out of you with his win sword. And that is just if he is working alone. A lot of recon ninjas work in pairs.
[/quote]Turret + Sensor + Eyebot ftw, I raped a bunch today in AvA that way.

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

08-24-2010, 12:22 AM

(08-23-2010, 09:05 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: I hate recons so much. They are worse than spies.

yea, me and radio called it when we watched the trailer. haven't found the game appealing enough to give it a whirl

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

08-24-2010, 12:58 AM

recon owns

Eightball
Booze Makes Me Gay

08-24-2010, 06:00 PM

After playing the demo for the day, I paid for the full thing, went to launch it to start new characters with Liquid and Scar.

"2561 files have failed to verify and will be redownloaded."

[Image: rageface.jpg&t=1]
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

08-24-2010, 07:44 PM

I had a lot of fun playing poison medic today. There are a retarded amount of recons though so I won't be touching that character for a while.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Negate
Born the same day as Linux... poor guy..

08-25-2010, 10:38 AM

You guys seem to think this is hot shit so maybe I'll try it tomorrow.

Your in the minority, its supposed to taste like a shit taco
Jon Stewart
[move]ii@.[/move]
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

08-25-2010, 12:35 PM

(08-25-2010, 10:38 AM)negate link Wrote: You guys seem to think this is hot shit so maybe I'll try it tomorrow.

I will care about and purchase this game when I see that we have recruited people directly from it, in fact if you can recruit a few solid people, I will buy it for myself and shell out two gift copies to other interested brb members.

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
If-I-Die-Its-Lag
I Play Gaia Online

08-25-2010, 12:38 PM

It's coupon bug dot com!

GACOUDYINGLAG47102
GACOUDYINGLAG47103
GACOUDYINGLAG47101
GACOUDYINGLAG47104
GACOUDYINGLAG47070

15% off on the actual game.
Vandamguy

08-25-2010, 02:14 PM

(08-25-2010, 12:35 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=negate link=topic=3987.msg170915#msg170915 date=1282750715]

I will care about and purchase this game when I see that we have recruited people directly from it, in fact if you can recruit a few solid people, I will buy it for myself and shell out two gift copies to other interested brb members.
[/quote]
first thought is from their perspective when they come to the website and see that we have dedicated one megalong thread instead of a sub board.
not saying we need to have a sub board for every tangent game we create. its just a little daunting to get into the community.
second thoughts about recruiting people into the community. It comes from before when I had reservations about creating a recruitment thread for APB(barring failure). Since our purpose is broader than the particulars of one game, when we're trying to bring people into a community instead of a clan/organization/guild/etc we're trying to find people that meet more than just the 'you play the same game as us' qualification.
I feel the reason this transfers over easier for TF2 is because we(the community) have control over the environment(server) and it acts as a filter for the people that we wouldn't like to be a part of the community(for the most part).
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

08-25-2010, 02:23 PM

(08-25-2010, 02:14 PM)Vandamguy link Wrote: [quote author=Caffeine link=topic=3987.msg170926#msg170926 date=1282757731]
[quote author=negate link=topic=3987.msg170915#msg170915 date=1282750715]

[/quote]
first thought is from their perspective when they come to the website and see that we have dedicated one megalong thread instead of a sub board.
not saying we need to have a sub board for every tangent game we create. its just a little daunting to get into the community.
second thoughts about recruiting people into the community. It comes from before when I had reservations about creating a recruitment thread for APB(barring failure). Since our purpose is broader than the particulars of one game, when we're trying to bring people into a community instead of a clan/organization/guild/etc we're trying to find people that meet more than just the 'you play the same game as us' qualification.
I feel the reason this transfers over easier for TF2 is because we(the community) have control over the environment(server) and it acts as a filter for the people that we wouldn't like to be a part of the community(for the most part).
[/quote]

Yea it can be daunting, any new forum is, I think that once you get someone from the game regularly joining you on mumble, then you push them off the deep end into the forums Tongue

But yea, sub forums depend on how "big" the game is an how many threads we generate on it.

Sig by Joel
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

08-25-2010, 03:41 PM

Except noone but us uses mumble. Seriously.

Vandamguy

08-25-2010, 06:41 PM

I'm glad we've derailed this a bit to talk about community building Smile
Mumble is a great tool for getting our all-talk policy into games that don't want all-talk on (or even team talk, im looking at you BC2). However I'm disinclined to invite random pubbers into mumble , explain why its better than vent, and troubleshoot it for them.
It becomes a bit of a catch 22 when we're leaning on it in games like GA (presumptuous thread integration) where you can't get into the community without using mumble , and you can't get on mumble without being part of the community. I don't really have a suggestion for how to fix this, I just want to know what being captain obvious feels like. We could discuss this issue, and see how we can be more inclusive and effective with our recruitment efforts.

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

08-25-2010, 06:58 PM

(08-25-2010, 06:41 PM)Vandamguy link Wrote: I'm glad we've derailed this a bit to talk about community building Smile
Mumble is a great tool for getting our all-talk policy into games that don't want all-talk on (or even team talk, im looking at you BC2). However I'm disinclined to invite random pubbers into mumble , explain why its better than vent, and troubleshoot it for them.
It becomes a bit of a catch 22 when we're leaning on it in games like GA (presumptuous thread integration) where you can't get into the community without using mumble , and you can't get on mumble without being part of the community. I don't really have a suggestion for how to fix this, I just want to know what being captain obvious feels like. We could discuss this issue, and see how we can be more inclusive and effective with our recruitment efforts.

Well, you could always see how people stick around without the use of voice chat, I know that's how it went with planetside sometimes, you would have someone group with you, if they stuck around more than a few times and generally seemed competent they got invited into mumble.

I would think that as long as you had an admin on mumble, giving out info isnt really a problem...though trouble shooting I can see being a bitch.

Sig by Joel
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

08-25-2010, 08:00 PM

My point is that there's ingame chat for GA that's actually somewhat decent, so there's zero chance of getting a pub onto a VOIP app he's never heard of. TS/Vent you've probably got like a 50/50 chance that the guy has it for some other game, but I haven't even run into someone who's said they've heard of Mumble when I asked. That means, as Vandam said, that there's no chance of the pubbie joining the community.

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

08-25-2010, 08:03 PM

(08-25-2010, 08:00 PM)at0m link Wrote: My point is that there's ingame chat for GA that's actually somewhat decent, so there's zero chance of getting a pub onto a VOIP app he's never heard of. TS/Vent you've probably got like a 50/50 chance that the guy has it for some other game, but I haven't even run into someone who's said they've heard of Mumble when I asked. That means, as Vandam said, that there's no chance of the pubbie joining the community.

Hence why I said "have them group a few times" obviously if they have a decent time playing (and more than once at that), they might be down for trying a new client...

Sig by Joel
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

08-25-2010, 08:14 PM

Worth a try I suppose. Problem there being the most efficient way to organize people and get them to group with you on a regular basis (since you only run 4-man teams in most PvE, and 2-man teams in PvP) is with an Agency (where you can do full 10v10 via AvA). But it's difficult to recruit for an Agency if you're not active in AvA (because there's no point in being in the Agency), and it's prohibitively difficult to be active in AvA without 10+ level 30+ players.

My point there being, unless you take a group that's already organized, and get them playing the game together and to a high enough level, you don't have the critical mass required to garner additional members. So again, we're in a Catch-22. Noone wants to play because noone from BRBu plays, but we can't get people who play GA to want to become a part of BRBu without BRBu members playing on a regular basis.

Also, get off your high horse and trial it, at least.

Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

08-26-2010, 02:00 AM

everything atom just said.

also, as for long-term character development, it would be nice to find out who plans on focusing on what classes, and what your characters' levels are.

Versuspwny - 19 recon, 12 robo. They're both pretty fun, so I'm undecided as to which class I'll end up maining.

beep beep diglett
Uninstalling

08-26-2010, 02:26 AM

this game looks p fun, but hows the grind? deciding factor for me

edit: and how long will it take to get to your guy's level?
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

08-26-2010, 08:43 AM

Jesus, the demo is 6.5 gigs?  This better be fucking amazing.

Turtle
Justin Bieber

08-26-2010, 01:03 PM

(08-26-2010, 02:26 AM)dagrett link Wrote: this game looks p fun, but hows the grind? deciding factor for me

edit: and how long will it take to get to your guy's level?
shouldn't take you very long to get to level 25, just gotta do PvP a lottttttt

but yeah like 2 days of pvps and reg missions should get you to at least level 25