Hello There, Guest! Register

This little thing called ClubBing and my adventures with it.
hawtpawkithero
Lurker

12-18-2009, 05:56 PM

I'm not a spam bot, I'm just being awesome and sharing cool info in the general discussion forum.
TL;DR, or Profit. Up to you.

Some of you may recall Club Live, a website started by Microsoft where one plays games, receives ticket amounts for completing the game, and redeems tickets for prizes which are promptly (1 month later) shipped to their household.

After having a rocky start, the website (now known as ClubBing after Live Search became Bing) is running solid, and I've received hundreds of dollars in free** merchandise. Many of the items that I have received I have been able to sell on eBay for a really good price. I've sold 3 xbox 360 controllers, already pulled in roughly 150 just from those alone.

Here's a link to a google doc spreadsheet I use to keep track of all the things I've ordered off of club bing.

**Everything on that list, all in all, cost me under 20 dollars. I'll explain this later.

First of all, why am I telling you guys all this?
Because it's an awesome way to get awesome, practically free stuff.
Even better, I'm about to tell you guys how to do it with minimal effort.

How Club Bing works:
There are many different games on the site, but the main games I play are Chicktionary, Spelling Bee, and Word Slugger. All three of these games are anagram puzzles. After completing a single puzzle, the player is rewarded with 20 tickets. The current maximum amount of tickets a player can get in a single day is 1000. An xbox 360 controller can be obtained for 4500 tickets. Unfortunately, these puzzles are time consuming for the average human, so we need to find a work around for that.

The good part:
In comes CLDL.
[Image: cldlmain.jpg]
What is CLDL? Quite simply, it is a bot that plays the anagram puzzle games for you. This small program will sit for hours on end, solving these puzzles and accumulating tickets for you to redeem on prizes. CLDL even has the ability to restart itself every 24 hours automatically, eliminating the need for any intervention.
Only one snag though: Every 4 games, a captcha will appear on the puzzle. Now there are currently 2 possible ways to handle this:
  • Manually enter the captchas, removing all aspects of automation, or...
  • (This is where the ALMOST free part comes in). Buy credit for a service known as Decaptcher.

What is Decaptcher?
Decaptcher is a service that bot makers can implement into their application.

How CLDL uses this feature:
When a captcha appears on a puzzle, the bot sends a jpg of the captcha to Decaptcher where an underpaid asian decrypts it and sends back a string, which the bot enters, and then continues to play.
Each solved captcha costs something like 0.02 cents.
Credit can be purchased on decaptcher in increments of 10 dollars. Running two to four bots, I only have to fund my account every month or two, and I share my decaptcher with 2 or 3 friends.

One major limit to ClubBing:
Each account can only order ONE of each prize.
This can be worked around by running multiple accounts (which CLDL handles splendidly).
Unfortunately, even with multiple accounts, ordering multiples of the same prize to the same address will get your accounts and addresses flagged, which will result in a prompt account flag, and essentially ruining any chances you have of ever getting prizes ever again.
Luckily, having friends/family who are willing to put up with signing for packages for you really helps. I have 4 available addresses thankfully. My home, my father's office, UPS mailbox, and my girlfriend's place. This allows me to order 4 of each prize, using 4 different accounts.
There are supposedly ways to send multiple prizes to the same address, but these are dark secrets that I don't even know. The last time I asked someone for this sacred golden nugget of information, I was promptly asked for 300 dollars in return. I declined, although the possibility for making tons of money with this trick was there.

Another Warning:
ClubBing has been testing a new captcha system, dubbed the "Catcha." It's more technical name is Asirra. There was a period of time last week where I was completely unable to bot for a few days with this system in place. Basically, instead of a captcha (which decaptcher can easily solve) a grid of 12 or so pictures of cats and dogs, pulled from a HUGE database (petfinder.com), is presented, and the user needs to select all the cats and press submit in order to continue. There was no solution presented in those few days, but mysteriously, the catcha system disappeared, and the captchas were brought back, making botting possible again.
There's no telling if this system will return, so if you do plan on attempting botting, do so with caution, and don't buy mass quantities of decaptcher credit at once, as it can all become useless in a blink of an eye at Microsoft's whim.

In Conclusion:
So that's pretty much it, links and all. Hope you guys find this info useful for free stuff.
And by the way this is like a fightclub/usenet thing. I shouldn't have even told you about any of this D:

[Image: 1260992540627.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-18-2009, 06:21 PM by hawtpawkithero.)
Neonie
The Alphabet has 24 Letters

12-18-2009, 05:59 PM

Was hawtpawkets account hacked?  ???

hawtpawkithero
Lurker

12-18-2009, 06:02 PM

No lol. This shit isn't fake. I seriously do this. I can give you pictures if you want.
I'm mainly posting this as an apology of sorts for disappearing for so long.
Seriously, this shit is golden. I've turned about 480 dollars in profits doing pretty much nothing but a little bit of research.

I thought compiling this information would make you happy :'(

Neonie
The Alphabet has 24 Letters

12-18-2009, 06:04 PM

(12-18-2009, 06:02 PM)hawtpawkithero link Wrote: No lol. This shit isn't fake. I seriously do this. I can give you pictures if you want.
I'm mainly posting this as an apology of sorts for disappearing for so long.
Seriously, this shit is golden. I've turned about 480 dollars in profits doing pretty much nothing but a little bit of research.

I thought compiling this information would make you happy :'(

Ya but you leave for a while and the first thing you post is what looks like a spambot  Tongue

I'll read it later when I wake up for real. Blurgh.

Edit: Scimed a little and I have moral objection to your boting. I am pretty sure what your doing is actually illegal.

hawtpawkithero
Lurker

12-18-2009, 06:19 PM

Nah it's not illegal. You're violating their Terms of Service Agreement, which makes you liable for having your account closed and access removed. It's all in Club Bing's fine print. I've looked into it, believe me lol.

And I'm sorry it looks like a spambot, I guess I put a little too much time into making it look nice?

Bonesinger
BRB, Posting

12-18-2009, 06:41 PM

The only thing that would make it illegal would be to use the single mailing address glitch, as that would be mail fraud. I have a friend who's been doing this for a couple months. Good way to get plenty of free swag.
KorJax
BRB, Posting

12-19-2009, 07:21 PM

(12-18-2009, 06:19 PM)hawtpawkithero link Wrote: Nah it's not illegal. You're violating their Terms of Service Agreement, which makes you liable for having your account closed and access removed. It's all in Club Bing's fine print. I've looked into it, believe me lol.

And I'm sorry it looks like a spambot, I guess I put a little too much time into making it look nice?

Nah if it was a spam bot there would be terrible spelling everywhere, no bold, and no paragraphs.

I'm intrigued.  What kind of stuff do they offer?  I'm not someone who likes to get things (even if they are really cheap) unless I feel like the game/item itself is worth my time or my "money" to spend towards anyways.  It's why I didn't bother getting assassin's creed for $5 - just not a game I care enough about to want to spend time from my day playing it no matter how cheap.

[Image: a731e9e08c48b218b111e3275e851e8e.gif]
hawtpawkithero
Lurker

12-19-2009, 07:41 PM

They have pretty cool stuff, and as I said, it's minimal effort.
If you check out the link in my post, you'll see I got tons of stuff from 360 peripherals to hammocks to tea sets.
Semi to very-useful stuff in my opinion, even if you are selling it.

Unfortunately, they just brought the catcha (ASIRRA) back again and as of right now there is no work around.
So for the time being, I feel like doing this is too much work, so I've completely stopped botting it. The split second there is a workaround, I'll let you guys now. Also, the only way to get CLDL is either through truecheaters.com (which is the site I linked in my 1st post) or mango12.com. The maker of CLDL (Precise) used to post updates to TC, but recently he's been keeping them exclusive to m12.
The downside is that mango12 is an invite only website, and the members are VERY stingy about giving out invites. I can't get my hands on one.

cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

12-21-2009, 03:24 AM

holy shit hph, haven't seen you post in forever. welcome back yo.

hawtpawkithero
Lurker

12-21-2009, 04:51 PM

(12-21-2009, 03:24 AM)cbre88x link Wrote: holy shit hph, haven't seen you post in forever. welcome back yo.

Thanks mang. I'll try and be less useless this time around haha.