Hello There, Guest! Register

MAG
Maxon
BRB, Posting

01-04-2010, 06:56 PM

The Public Beta is now out and going and so far I'm liking it.  Certainly not a "Next Gen" game.  Feels like something made a couple years ago, but I wasn't really expecting like Killzone 2 or Modern Warfare 2 quality for something that has this many people playing.  And I really don't think it'll change to much before release.

Playing wise, I'd probably equate it to Bad Company more than the regular BF game.  Just add abit more player and loadout customization and remove any vehicles and building destruction and it's fairly close.

And with playing with all these players, though the Beta isn't up to the talked about 250 players, I think it's more like 64 players, but doing that on a console and having very little lag is working quite well.

Overall, I'm highly interested in the game.  It'll keep me going till Bad Company 2 comes out.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

01-04-2010, 06:56 PM

Care to come up to planetside one night and see what a real 250v250v250 match looks like  :-*

TBH, I'd be very surprised if there's any local hosting, they're probably running their own servers for this the vast majority of home connections can't handle 24 people, let alone 64 or 250  :-\

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Maxon
BRB, Posting

01-04-2010, 07:10 PM

Nah, I've tried Planetside and did not like it lol

*EDIT*
And I backed out to see if I could make an extra character, I couldn't, and it won't let me back onto the network, hrmm...Guess it's time to play Little Big Planet Big Grin

But having played for abit over an hour, it's not a bad game...It's not a standout game either, since the only unique feature it can boast about is the amount of players really.  The game itself is pretty standard unless they plan to just blow the roof off with a graphic overhaul and new features in the main release...though I highly doubt it.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2010, 07:37 PM by Maxon.)
Chief
BRB, Posting

01-05-2010, 08:31 PM

(01-04-2010, 07:10 PM)Maxon link Wrote: But having played for abit over an hour, it's not a bad game...It's not a standout game either, since the only unique feature it can boast about is the amount of players really.  The game itself is pretty standard unless they plan to just blow the roof off with a graphic overhaul and new features in the main release...though I highly doubt it.
Pretty much what MAG is. It's nothing special, like how COD4 changed multiplayer when it was dominated by teh Haloz 3. It tries to take something from everything, like customizable classes, levels, and then it was like, here have fun with it. I admit, it's got some potential, but they really have to try and drift away from COD4 to be something really good.

Reevesith
BRB, Posting

01-05-2010, 10:33 PM

Its okay, tho they need to do something about making it so you can kick a player from other squads. got stuck on a round where a guy was endlss TK us & we couldnt kick him  due to the fact he wasnt in our squad.

[move][Image: snailkittygoleft.gif][Image: snailSingoleft.gif][Image: snailAxirothgoleft.gif][Image: snailLuinbarielgoleft.gif][Image: snailpryogoleft.gif][Image: snailspennygoleft.gif][Image: snailMinzgoleft.gif][Image: snailRinnsgoleft.gif][Image: snailChuruyago.gif][Image: snailheavygo.gif][Image: snailRigorMortisgoleft.gif][Image: snailherejonnygoleft.gif][Image: koopeyebot50.gif][Image: cuddlescrawlleft.gif]
[/move]
[Image: lolsgcatgunhugger.gif]
Strangest comment I've read sofar
"do you stroke your rack when you lie awake in bed at night... dreaming of the oven that got away?"
Chief
BRB, Posting

01-09-2010, 11:42 PM

oh god why'd i join raven
they seemed so cool

Full of nubs and twats. Going to VALOR/SVER if I buy the game. Plus the maps of RAVEN are utterly terrible. Sabotage is okay to defend, but it's impossible to defend C, and Domination is just... just impossible to win that as defense. I sure hope I can just change factions with the same level or I'm going to be one angry loser.

Also, I go to the forums to check out the community. RAVEN is the noob group, parts of VALOR are good, and SVER are elitist fags. It's worse than the DotA type of community. I'm serious.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

01-10-2010, 05:07 PM

Yeah I feel bad that I'm part of SVER with all the elitist cunts, but we win matches, so I can't complain.  Valor sucks for the most part, at least at the start of the beta.  All the game noobs went there.  Never tried Raven, though I liked their AR and I don't like AR's at all lol

Now that the Beta is almost over, I would say it's not a bad game and it looks like there will be some good post-release support with new maps and weapons from the looks of it. I just hope they balance out the weapons abit more, cause LMG's are just simply better than AR's.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

01-21-2010, 01:00 AM

Review With Extreme Prejudice - MAG

Great review of MAG.

Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

01-21-2010, 08:56 AM

I still kinda want this game even though I'm going to have to keep an eye out for caff sneaking in and vandalizing my house and writing "play moar planetside" on the walls in pigs blood.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Squishy3
Closet Furry

01-21-2010, 12:43 PM

(01-21-2010, 08:56 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: I still kinda want this game even though I'm going to have to keep an eye out for caff sneaking in and vandalizing my house and writing "play moar planetside" on the walls in pigs blood.
It's already happened.

Surf314

01-23-2010, 11:17 AM

Here's my biggest question: I have $68 in rebate cards so about one game. This or Dante's Inferno or wait for something else?

Maxon
BRB, Posting

01-23-2010, 04:00 PM

(01-23-2010, 11:17 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: Here's my biggest question: I have $68 in rebate cards so about one game. This or Dante's Inferno or wait for something else?

Just depends on what you want to play I guess.  Team based shooter or hack n' slash taken straight out of God of War.  Dante just seems like a one time playthrough, especially being singleplayer only.  Probably could beat it in a day or two, while MAG I'd play for weeks.

KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

01-23-2010, 07:09 PM

(01-23-2010, 04:00 PM)Maxon link Wrote: [quote author=Surf314 link=topic=4070.msg133699#msg133699 date=1264263465]
Here's my biggest question: I have $68 in rebate cards so about one game. This or Dante's Inferno or wait for something else?

Just depends on what you want to play I guess.  Team based shooter or hack n' slash taken straight out of God of War.  Dante just seems like a one time playthrough, especially being singleplayer only.  Probably could beat it in a day or two, while MAG I'd play for weeks.
[/quote]
If you like MAG, that is.
Maxon
BRB, Posting

01-23-2010, 07:40 PM

Very true.  I'm usually less critical about games unless it just plain sucks outright.  I like MAG, I like leveling up in it, I like the big maps and the chaos of all the people.  Is it the best shooter? No it's not perfect.  It actually has some weapon issues and a couple things I hope are fixed with the launch of the game or down the road, but it sounds like they want to continue support with the game with new weapons and maps, so we'll see how that goes.

Surf314

01-24-2010, 10:51 AM

(01-23-2010, 07:40 PM)Maxon link Wrote: Very true.  I'm usually less critical about games unless it just plain sucks outright.  I like MAG, I like leveling up in it, I like the big maps and the chaos of all the people.  Is it the best shooter? No it's not perfect.  It actually has some weapon issues and a couple things I hope are fixed with the launch of the game or down the road, but it sounds like they want to continue support with the game with new weapons and maps, so we'll see how that goes.

Does it have a monthly fee?

Chief
BRB, Posting

01-24-2010, 01:34 PM

(01-24-2010, 10:51 AM)Surf314 link Wrote: [quote author=Maxon link=topic=4070.msg133752#msg133752 date=1264293635]
Very true.  I'm usually less critical about games unless it just plain sucks outright.  I like MAG, I like leveling up in it, I like the big maps and the chaos of all the people.  Is it the best shooter? No it's not perfect.  It actually has some weapon issues and a couple things I hope are fixed with the launch of the game or down the road, but it sounds like they want to continue support with the game with new weapons and maps, so we'll see how that goes.

Does it have a monthly fee?
[/quote]No, it doesn't.

And I really hope they release new maps and fix the weapons. I can't believe how many people I killed just by having a super recoil reduction and an accuracy skill.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

01-26-2010, 12:02 AM

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/launch...-mag/61243

Pissed at Gamestop for not having a midnight release like they said they were.  Was all excited for a late night of gaming with MAG.

Also there's an update when you load the game that fixes some issues right off the bat.

MAG Patch v1.01

The latest patch notes can always be found on the official MAG Blog.

Gameplay
Added ability for player to use knife during a reload animation.
Applied significant tuning adjustments for all weapons and armor.
Increased sprint duration before tiring by 30%.
Lowered XP requirements for levels 2 thru 4.
Lowered level-entry restrictions for Sabotage from Level 3 to Level 2.
Lowered level-entry restrictions for Acquisition from Level 5 to Level 4.
Lowered level-entry restrictions for Domination from Level 10 to Level 8.
Enabled proper level requirements for unlocking headgear, facegear, and uniforms.
Fixed problem with recoil/firing animation that kept playing for a few seconds after the player fires an automatic gun and uses knife swipe simultaneously.

Interface
Fixed bug where incapacitated players’ nametags would occasionally disappear.
Repositioned onscreen weapons for improved field of view.
Armory items (facegear/ headgear/ uniforms) reordered.
Removed helmets from “Loadout 3” for all factions.

Graphics
Made significant increase in framerate during player-heavy games.
Changed light settings for all environments.
Polished recoil effect for better realism.
Fixed offset muzzle flash effect.
Tuned camera to shake more realistically when hit by bullets.
Adjusted “blur” effect for both normal sights and iron sights.
Added alternate reload animation.
New “light scatter” treatment for all skies.
Repaired various “weapon clipping” issues.
Enacted several particle fogging adjustments.

Audio
Switched first-person weapon sounds to true stereo.
Moved first-person character interactions and weapon switches to true stereo.
Tweaked sounds effects relating to landing on surfaces.

Technical
Added error display and queue panel updates to notify player when they’ve encountered a “join game” failure.
Made various server stability fixes and tweaks.

Surf314

01-26-2010, 06:39 PM

How many have this and is there enough to co-ordinate? I might get this if it gets enough good reviews, I still have a free game and dunno what to get with it.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

01-26-2010, 07:12 PM

Reviews are looking to average around 8.  Right now it's off to a bit of a slow start since there aren't enough to fill up all the modes.  Around 3 to 6000 for Sabotage and Aquisition, but not a ton for Domination.  I give it a few days to fill up more when it's released in Europe and Australia.

Reevesith
BRB, Posting

01-28-2010, 10:42 PM

Just got my copy, I liked the beta XD wish I could build a tele tho .

[move][Image: snailkittygoleft.gif][Image: snailSingoleft.gif][Image: snailAxirothgoleft.gif][Image: snailLuinbarielgoleft.gif][Image: snailpryogoleft.gif][Image: snailspennygoleft.gif][Image: snailMinzgoleft.gif][Image: snailRinnsgoleft.gif][Image: snailChuruyago.gif][Image: snailheavygo.gif][Image: snailRigorMortisgoleft.gif][Image: snailherejonnygoleft.gif][Image: koopeyebot50.gif][Image: cuddlescrawlleft.gif]
[/move]
[Image: lolsgcatgunhugger.gif]
Strangest comment I've read sofar
"do you stroke your rack when you lie awake in bed at night... dreaming of the oven that got away?"