Hello There, Guest! Register

Fallout: New Vegas
Maxon
BRB, Posting

07-20-2011, 02:23 AM

Definitely the best DLC they've released so far.  While the ending wasn't anything amazing, it was such a well rounded experience, I don't have much to complain about.  The characters really stand out, the humor actually made me crack up a few times, the area made me just want to explore every location to see what weird thing they put in next, and there's alot of cool gear you get, though I will say the Holorifle you get from Dead Money, that thing has so much value to it, it's really an overpowered weapon I think lol

They also brought in one hell of a secret baddy to fight.  Certainly the hardest thing to fight since the Deathclaws in the Quarry of New Vegas (I haven't seen anything more challenging than them). I only won, cause I happened to have a Fat Man on me lol

Also cool, is that this the first DLC for New Vegas that you can go back to.  They give you a nifty little transponder that'll take you back to Big Mountain after you've completed the DLC.  Definitely grab this one if your interested in more New Vegas action.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
[SiN] Merc
BRB, Posting

07-20-2011, 08:35 PM

(07-20-2011, 02:23 AM)Maxon link Wrote: Definitely the best DLC they've released so far.  While the ending wasn't anything amazing, it was such a well rounded experience, I don't have much to complain about.  The characters really stand out, the humor actually made me crack up a few times, the area made me just want to explore every location to see what weird thing they put in next, and there's alot of cool gear you get, though I will say the Holorifle you get from Dead Money, that thing has so much value to it, it's really an overpowered weapon I think lol

They also brought in one hell of a secret baddy to fight.  Certainly the hardest thing to fight since the Deathclaws in the Quarry of New Vegas (I haven't seen anything more challenging than them). I only won, cause I happened to have a Fat Man on me lol

Also cool, is that this the first DLC for New Vegas that you can go back to.  They give you a nifty little transponder that'll take you back to Big Mountain after you've completed the DLC.  Definitely grab this one if your interested in more New Vegas action.

I've been doing melee and revolvers only. I'm in deep shit.  Sad

HULKMANIA'S RUNNIN' WILD, BROTHER!
Kirby
Uninstalling

07-20-2011, 08:54 PM

Quote: Merc link=topic=4171.msg215900#msg215900 date=1311212127]
[quote author=Maxon link=topic=4171.msg215805#msg215805 date=1311146596]
Definitely the best DLC they've released so far.  While the ending wasn't anything amazing, it was such a well rounded experience, I don't have much to complain about.  The characters really stand out, the humor actually made me crack up a few times, the area made me just want to explore every location to see what weird thing they put in next, and there's alot of cool gear you get, though I will say the Holorifle you get from Dead Money, that thing has so much value to it, it's really an overpowered weapon I think lol

[/quote]

That's how I played Borderlands; Lilith, 2 shot pistol rapage and melee.

[Image: fastdlusage.png]

[Image: b_350_20_5A6C3E_383F2D_D2E1B5_2E3226.png]
[Image: b_350_20_FFAD41_E98100_000000_591F11.png]
[Image: b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png]

[Image: b_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111.png]

[Image: amd.jpg]
[Image: radeon.jpg]
[Image: win7.jpg]
[Image: ubuntu.jpg]
[Image: xp.jpg]
[Image: chrome.jpg]
[Image: pyro.jpg]
[SiN] Merc
BRB, Posting

07-20-2011, 09:36 PM

(07-20-2011, 08:54 PM)Kirby, the FaNspyPyro link Wrote: [quote author=[SiN] Merc link=topic=4171.msg215900#msg215900 date=1311212127]
[quote author=Maxon link=topic=4171.msg215805#msg215805 date=1311146596]

[/quote]

That's how I played Borderlands; Lilith, 2 shot pistol rapage and melee.
[/quote]

Dude, that's how I played Borderlands; Roland, 6 shot revolver that regains ammo, and a sentry I pop out occasionally.

HULKMANIA'S RUNNIN' WILD, BROTHER!
If-I-Die-Its-Lag
I Play Gaia Online

07-20-2011, 10:38 PM

The DLC is pleasant. I like it.

The only thing that I don't like, is the fact that I am using Plasma weapons and a perk that will AOE the shit out of anything that twitches.
Maxon
BRB, Posting

07-20-2011, 11:01 PM

(07-20-2011, 10:38 PM)If-I-Die-Its-LAG! link Wrote: The DLC is pleasant. I like it.

The only thing that I don't like, is the fact that I am using Plasma weapons and a perk that will AOE the shit out of anything that twitches.

I have the same thing for Energy weapons. I  thought it was awesome, till I ended up fighting alot of Nightstalkers who rush me and love to dodge my VATS attacks.

PyroZombie
BRB, Posting

07-20-2011, 11:14 PM

[Image: Toaster_%28pre-war%29.png]

All hail the toaster![/DLC-content]

(07-20-2011, 11:01 PM)Maxon link Wrote: [quote author=If-I-Die-Its-LAG! link=topic=4171.msg215941#msg215941 date=1311219530]
The DLC is pleasant. I like it.

I have the same thing for Energy weapons. I  thought it was awesome, till I ended up fighting alot of Nightstalkers who rush me and love to dodge my VATS attacks.
[/quote]

The exact reason I love melee weapons. "Knock Knock", The question never asked because they're dead by the time i get there.

[Image: zombie_che_sticker_400.jpg]

Blue Crew.....I got nothing flashy set up.
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2011, 11:16 PM by PyroZombie.)
If-I-Die-Its-Lag
I Play Gaia Online

07-21-2011, 01:09 AM

I tend to switch guns more often than not.
Reevesith
BRB, Posting

07-21-2011, 02:31 AM

I liked it, wished the animal friend perk worked on the cyber dogs.
anyone find Christine in it yet? they were saying she'd show up again ???

[move][Image: snailkittygoleft.gif][Image: snailSingoleft.gif][Image: snailAxirothgoleft.gif][Image: snailLuinbarielgoleft.gif][Image: snailpryogoleft.gif][Image: snailspennygoleft.gif][Image: snailMinzgoleft.gif][Image: snailRinnsgoleft.gif][Image: snailChuruyago.gif][Image: snailheavygo.gif][Image: snailRigorMortisgoleft.gif][Image: snailherejonnygoleft.gif][Image: koopeyebot50.gif][Image: cuddlescrawlleft.gif]
[/move]
[Image: lolsgcatgunhugger.gif]
Strangest comment I've read sofar
"do you stroke your rack when you lie awake in bed at night... dreaming of the oven that got away?"
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2011, 09:59 PM by Reevesith.)
If-I-Die-Its-Lag
I Play Gaia Online

07-21-2011, 10:36 PM

(07-21-2011, 02:31 AM)Reevesith link Wrote: I liked it, wished the animal friend perk worked on the cyber dogs.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Christine_Royce
Maxon
BRB, Posting

07-22-2011, 03:19 PM

Can't wait for "Lonesome Road".  Didn't know there was so much known about the other courier already.

Reevesith
BRB, Posting

07-22-2011, 03:47 PM

(07-21-2011, 10:36 PM)If-I-Die-Its-LAG! link Wrote: [quote author=Reevesith link=topic=4171.msg215964#msg215964 date=1311233492]
[/quote]
Just they way they talked about her made it sound like she was going to be in it, not just a holotape of her voice ???

[move][Image: snailkittygoleft.gif][Image: snailSingoleft.gif][Image: snailAxirothgoleft.gif][Image: snailLuinbarielgoleft.gif][Image: snailpryogoleft.gif][Image: snailspennygoleft.gif][Image: snailMinzgoleft.gif][Image: snailRinnsgoleft.gif][Image: snailChuruyago.gif][Image: snailheavygo.gif][Image: snailRigorMortisgoleft.gif][Image: snailherejonnygoleft.gif][Image: koopeyebot50.gif][Image: cuddlescrawlleft.gif]
[/move]
[Image: lolsgcatgunhugger.gif]
Strangest comment I've read sofar
"do you stroke your rack when you lie awake in bed at night... dreaming of the oven that got away?"
Maxon
BRB, Posting

07-22-2011, 04:43 PM

(07-22-2011, 03:47 PM)Reevesith link Wrote: [quote author=If-I-Die-Its-LAG! link=topic=4171.msg216101#msg216101 date=1311305785]
[quote author=Reevesith link=topic=4171.msg215964#msg215964 date=1311233492]
[/quote]
Just they way they talked about her made it sound like she was going to be in it, not just a holotape of her voice ???
[/quote]

Well being that the Big MT event is set after Dead Money, can't very well see her in two different places lol

Sogo
Didzo of Crafting

07-29-2011, 09:28 PM

My general love for Fallout has forced me to get OWB, and even though I play a "cowboy" setup I was able to do fairly well due to the fact that .357 and .44 magnum rounds were pretty common, plus the guns check to get a pile of .357 JFP rounds early on, I was able to tear up pretty much anything that got in my way with Lucky.

On the topic of rating the DLC, I gotta say, I liked it alot better than Dead money, mainly because I didn't develop bear trap-based PTSD from it, and it beats my mixed feelings for Honest Hearts (Epic Outfit/short as hell) as the best DLC for Vegas so far. Can't wait for Lonesome Road, so I can finally figure out Ulysses' agenda.

[move][/move]
maxthroatkick
Lurker

07-31-2011, 11:51 PM

I liked the DLC. Probably liked this one more than the other two. The writing was good, imo.

[Image: QJkBC.gif]
[Image: JjEfL.gif]
Maxon
BRB, Posting

08-26-2011, 04:51 PM

Finally! Lonesome Road is out on September 20th!

http://www.destructoid.com/-lonesome-roa...9846.phtml

Also they are releasing the pre-order DLC for 2 bucks and another weapon/item/recipe pack for 4 bucks on the 27th.

If-I-Die-Its-Lag
I Play Gaia Online

09-20-2011, 01:09 PM

DLC is now out.

Will be keeping this bump.
Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

09-20-2011, 01:48 PM

[spoiler]Ulysses end up being your brother.[/spoiler]

Haven't played the dlcs but I'm calling this right now.

'Meditation is supposedly the only way to Enlightenment because the only way to find this truth is through inner reflection - therefore, what you are finding to be the truth in your personal journey should ultimately be exactly what I find to be the truth, though all of our journeys are unique.'
Maxon
BRB, Posting

09-20-2011, 02:58 PM

Man, forgot about the DLC.  Time to grab it!

Maxon
BRB, Posting

09-21-2011, 05:32 PM

Well I beat the DLC.  It was alright. The new weapons were good, there were some unique settings as the Divide is basically a city that's collapsed into a huge canyon, going from these undergrounds with half destroyed buildings, giant canyon walls with buildings hanging over it, and going across a dilapidated highway.

The idea of it has been this bit with this other courier, Ulysses, and as you go through, you start to learn more about your connection with the area and why this Courier wants you, but I didn't quite feel like the payoff at the end was worth it.

If I had to tier the DLC's, I would have it go Old World Blues, possibly Dead Money, Lonesome Road, and then Honest Hearts.  OWB was just too much fun, with the characters, the humor, the SCIENCE! Dead Money, while the first area was terribly boring, there were alot of great characters in it, some interesting ways of going through the areas and some unique bad guys.  Lonesome Road had a more focused narrative, good weapons, and some okay challenge, but only an alright payoff at the end.  Honest Hearts was easily the worst, cause the area was just boring, no interesting characters except for maybe one, the weapons weren't that great, it just wasn't that good.

Welp, time to mod the shit out of the game again with new stuff and wait for Fallout 4 lol