Hello There, Guest! Register

Fallout: New Vegas
beep beep diglett
Uninstalling

02-06-2010, 02:08 PM

(02-05-2010, 09:51 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: I've been to vegas once and that definitely looks like vegas

i live right near vegas so i can confirm this
Maxon
BRB, Posting

02-06-2010, 03:21 PM

•     * It's a first-person view game, using the same engine as Fallout 3 (sorry, GamesAreArt)
        * A new "Hardcore mode" will be available, in which (among other things) stimpacks heal over time, ammo has weight, and players can suffer from dehydration.
        * The story focuses on a conflict between three factions: the New California Republic (a nation from Fallout 2), "Caesar's Legions," based on the Vegas strip, and the residents of New Vegas.
        * The player is not a Vault Dweller but a courier who is rescued by a friendly robot.
        * Super Mutants resembling those from Fallout 2 make an appearance, including the unique (and stealthy) Nightkin.
        * A "reputation system" measuring faction friendliness operates beside the karma system.
        * Some story points and locations seem to have been lifted from the old "Van Buren" demo, including the Hoover Dam.
        * Followers can be managed via a context-sensitive menu containing commands such as "follow," "stay" and "attack."

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

02-06-2010, 04:32 PM

(02-05-2010, 07:18 PM)Maxon link Wrote: [quote author=Eschatos link=topic=4171.msg135649#msg135649 date=1265413997]
I'm still confused about the meaning of the title.  Is the game set in New Reno, which has become the "New" Vegas of post-apocalyptia?  Or did the real Vegas somehow not get abandoned and fall apart after the bombs fell due to its lack of water or any useful resources?

Well seeing that the place has power...My guess is that after things went to hell and maybe with it not being hit too bad, that they were able to rebuild better compared to locations like DC where it was hit so hard, rebuilding is almost impossible for the most part.

And though I don't know Fallout history too much, isn't the Brotherhood from the west coast, at least the main force?  More stuff involving them maybe?
[/quote]

But why would anyone bother to rebuild Vegas?  Vegas has to pump in water from hundreds of miles away, along with every other resource other than electricity.  I would expect that 20 years after the war Vegas would be nothing more than ruins in the sand.

at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

02-06-2010, 05:34 PM

(02-06-2010, 04:32 PM)Eschatos link Wrote: [quote author=Maxon link=topic=4171.msg135652#msg135652 date=1265415523]
[quote author=Eschatos link=topic=4171.msg135649#msg135649 date=1265413997]
I'm still confused about the meaning of the title.  Is the game set in New Reno, which has become the "New" Vegas of post-apocalyptia?  Or did the real Vegas somehow not get abandoned and fall apart after the bombs fell due to its lack of water or any useful resources?

Well seeing that the place has power...My guess is that after things went to hell and maybe with it not being hit too bad, that they were able to rebuild better compared to locations like DC where it was hit so hard, rebuilding is almost impossible for the most part.

And though I don't know Fallout history too much, isn't the Brotherhood from the west coast, at least the main force?  More stuff involving them maybe?
[/quote]

But why would anyone bother to rebuild Vegas?  Vegas has to pump in water from hundreds of miles away, along with every other resource other than electricity.  I would expect that 20 years after the war Vegas would be nothing more than ruins in the sand.
[/quote]Actually they sit on an aquifer, but they're consuming it faster than it is being replenished naturally. If the city continues to grow (or even stays the same size), then your prediction is correct. But after a nuclear war (especially with a graveyard that large just outside the city), I think their population problem went away.

Just sayin'.

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

06-11-2010, 05:28 PM

O HAI, PREORDER, HOWZ U

beep beep diglett
Uninstalling

06-11-2010, 05:54 PM

why would you preorder this can you even preload it like borderlands?

durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp i am a fucking idiot  and didnt see the benefits, nvm

question still stands if i can preload

okay what the fuck the only decent thing is the binoculars why would you even care about the rest, plus im guessing youll be able to add this shit via console commands
Maxon
BRB, Posting

06-11-2010, 06:53 PM

Nice shotgun, though its probably just a modified version of a gun already in the game and can probably get something better cause they are really making the guns more awesome now.  Iron sights for proper non-VATS action, multiple ammo types, and guns can be crafted now I believe.

beep beep diglett
Uninstalling

06-11-2010, 07:09 PM

(06-11-2010, 06:53 PM)Maxon link Wrote: Nice shotgun, though its probably just a modified version of a gun already in the game and can probably get something better cause they are really making the guns more awesome now.  Iron sights for proper non-VATS action, multiple ammo types, and guns can be crafted now I believe.

damn thats p awesome

but watch the shotgun be a poorly reskinned ver of the most common shotty in the game, and it doesnt even look that good. it looks like it has fall colors on it
Maxon
BRB, Posting

06-11-2010, 07:11 PM

(06-11-2010, 07:09 PM)dagrett link Wrote: [quote author=Maxon link=topic=4171.msg157543#msg157543 date=1276300397]
Nice shotgun, though its probably just a modified version of a gun already in the game and can probably get something better cause they are really making the guns more awesome now.  Iron sights for proper non-VATS action, multiple ammo types, and guns can be crafted now I believe.

damn thats p awesome

but watch the shotgun be a poorly reskinned ver of the most common shotty in the game, and it doesnt even look that good. it looks like it has fall colors on it
[/quote]

This is what I'm thinking.  I don't think it'll be the super common one, but an exclusive, original, weapon would not be exclusive very long in an extremely modifiable game like this.  It'll just be nice to have when starting I'm sure.

at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

06-11-2010, 09:34 PM

I'm guessing it'll be the same power as a common one, but the common one will have a significantly smaller magazine.

What I'm more curious about is the 4 repair kits - is that every time you start a new char, your first char, or what?

Also, I'm going to run on the assumption that you'll be able to preload (and perhaps play early). No real reason for that other than the painkillers I'm on right now that are making me kinda loopy.

beep beep diglett
Uninstalling

06-11-2010, 09:34 PM

im guessing the stuff is added to all new chars otherwise thatd be p retarded
K2
BRB, Posting

10-19-2010, 09:39 PM

Bumping so that people can talk about it here instead of in the general news thread.
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

10-19-2010, 09:48 PM

I won't be able to render an opinion until I return from the shithole country I've been sent to.

Dtrain323i
Oprah Winfrey

10-19-2010, 10:48 PM

Started playing tonight. The DLC shotty isn't bad but you definitely find better weapons quickly. Makes for a decent backup though. Radscorpions are a bitch. Wayne Newton does the voice over work for one of the radio stations in the game that plays the old tunes (basically its the same kind of station as three-dog's). But you can't go wrong blasting raiders while listening to Dean Martin.

The story is pretty much you tracking down the asshole who put a bullet in your head.

11:35 Socks Greatbacon_work: Just accept the idea of enemas.
beep beep diglett
Uninstalling

10-20-2010, 01:20 AM

one thing to note, because this is a gamebryo game and gamebryo is shit, the game can crash in areas with lots of people because its eating so much cpu power to render facial interaction. my 965 X4 shoots up to 80-90% usage in the strip. i wouldn't be surprised if it gets a optimization patch soon.
beep beep diglett
Uninstalling

10-20-2010, 01:35 AM

apparently you can type toggleemotions in console to fix that problem, you lose out on achievements though but w/e who cares
Maxon
BRB, Posting

10-20-2010, 02:48 AM

Haven't had a crash yet, which is impressive I think.  Did have a weird error, where the saves somehow reverted to a point 3 hours before what I last saved, which was really annoying, but I took that to restart and not get the Legion and Powder Gang pissed off at me right away.  The Powder Gang are pushovers, but the assassins the Legion send after you are brutal lol

Also made copies of my main saves on my desktop.  Not letting that happen again lol

Finally got my first companion too, being Boone the sniper.  He rules.  He kicks alot of ass and gives me the spotter perk which highlights any enemy within range.  Just a pleasure to have around Big Grin

beep beep diglett
Uninstalling

10-20-2010, 02:59 AM

tip for people later on and also massive  spoilers which i have whited out

*********SPOILERS**********

if you're going to kill mr house and install yes-man, go all the way or dont do it at all. you go back to neutral with caesar and ncr if you install him, and lose more rep the further you go. lost my liked rep with ncr that way.

also, has anyone found a garand yet?
shoopfox
BRB, Posting

10-20-2010, 04:11 AM

sometimes if I'm fighting like 8 people at once my CPU freaks out and I get like 5 fps. Damn you Gamebryo
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

10-20-2010, 06:07 AM

please put spoilers in blackonblack or tinytext ;x