Hello There, Guest! Register

Men of Muscle 3 (Gears of War)
Maxon
BRB, Posting

04-13-2010, 01:46 AM

Also known as Gears of War 3...

http://www.destructoid.com/gears-of-war-...0840.phtml

Yup, the third chapter of the Gears of War series is coming out around April next year.  I've always been abit half and half on the series.  While I love the setting, the story, the battles, it was also a game that could be really annoying, such as having buggy multiplayer and it never truly hit me that much as other shooters.  Well with third one coming out, it'll be introducing a new enemy, one that is not a friend of The Locusts, and could make for some interesting gameplay, though I still need to finish Gears of War 2.  Hit a point late in the game and just sorta stopped for some reason.

Also Dom in the video proves you just become more manly with a beard. 

Also there are chicks in Gears of War...and they aren't just intelligence! They kick ass! Though if anyone has seen the written side of Gears of War, it's something thats been brought up already I believe.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

04-13-2010, 01:48 AM

really liked the story in both the games me and my friend played through both on hardcore

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

04-13-2010, 02:39 AM

Yeah, there have been women on COG since always. Bernie Mataki was on the Pendulum Wars and it's one of the main characters on the novel that follows up where Gears of War 2 left.

Also, the "blonde chick" is probably Anya Stroud, since on the novels they clarify trhat she had military training from her dad (former colonel Stroud) and has a lot of field experience, mostly from what happens after Operation Hollow Storm.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

04-13-2010, 04:06 AM

Since I just finished F.E.A.R. 2, I'll probably go back and rent Gears of War 2 to finish that up so I'm caught up with the story.  Think I'm somewhere in the Locust palace place.

Tricks
BRB, Posting

04-13-2010, 08:07 AM

I think I have GoW1 lying around, I could give that a shot. I could probably get through 1&2 before next year...
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

04-13-2010, 08:09 AM

I think I returned GoW 2 to gamefly without even playing it  :-\

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

04-13-2010, 11:11 AM

did u turn in ur man card too? how can u bail on GoW??

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

04-13-2010, 11:37 AM

(04-13-2010, 11:11 AM)Duck link Wrote: did u turn in ur man card too? how can u bail on GoW??

Dunno, just didn't appeal to me at the time.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Odin
BRB, Posting

04-20-2010, 02:27 AM

What there cannot be women this is Men of Chainsaws 3: Testosteronaclypse Now

[Image: sollysig.png]
[Image: sig.php?player_id=32791&background=random]
[Image: brosquadtagodin-1.png]
[Image: odinnz.png]
Trace
Killing anything that twitches

04-20-2010, 09:47 AM

(04-20-2010, 02:27 AM)Odin link Wrote: I want a Dom and Marcus fanfic now
rumsfald

04-20-2010, 01:12 PM

(04-13-2010, 11:11 AM)Duck link Wrote: did u turn in ur man card too? how can u bail on GoW??

I bought it the day after release, for horde mode. Never finished the storyline. Months after release I again tried playing through, the tunnel worms was what red-ringed my 360.

Black Aspen
BRB, Posting

04-20-2010, 01:29 PM

(04-20-2010, 01:12 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: ...the tunnel worms was what red-ringed my 360.

Just too epic for it to handle, I suppose...
Tricks
BRB, Posting

04-20-2010, 01:39 PM

MUSCLE MILK!!!!
Odin
BRB, Posting

04-20-2010, 06:10 PM

(04-20-2010, 09:47 AM)Trace link Wrote: [quote author=Odin link=topic=4482.msg147755#msg147755 date=1271748464]
I want a Dom and Trace fanfic now
[/quote]

[Image: sollysig.png]
[Image: sig.php?player_id=32791&background=random]
[Image: brosquadtagodin-1.png]
[Image: odinnz.png]
PyroZombie
BRB, Posting

04-25-2011, 01:37 AM

because I have great taste in games, I was able to get a taste of the Gears of war 3 Multiplayer beta.

Sawn-offs are the new shotgun.Literally. A small percent of players, in my experience, uses the gnasher anymore. A very probable nerf in the future.

Scorcher and new incendiary grenade. Fun as all hell. Scorcher could use a range buff, but other than that, really fun.

Retro Lancer. This new blast from the past come equipped with a new blade bayonet. It's devilishly fun to charge from one side of the map to another and skewer a man preparing a smoke grenade. This is the only convenient use though. Compared to the lancer, the retro lancer might be stronger, but the spread and fire rate make it more of a problem to use and lancer range.

The "One-Shot".I can safely say that this rifle doesn't seem meant for human use. This seems more like an anti-armor weapon. When you fire at something fleshy, it simply disintegrates into bloody chunks, like a hammer through a porcelain figure of Larry Csonka. The only drawback is it handles like a mortar launcher or Mulcher, you need to sight-in for a long time to fire the shot, and the beeping noise and giant, visible laser sight doesn't do much for a sneaky sniper.

Hammerburst. While there is no "new edition", it has received somewhat of upgrade. it now has an iron-sight feature, which is useful as it does pack a punch even at long ranges.

blah blah new skins and loadout feature, blah blah some screens blah Halo-esque, blah blah.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 3 maps, Trenches, Thrashball, and some supermarket map, i've played extensively.

Thrashball is a very strange map from the get go. Very open, and loose. One of the only real weapon spawns(Either a torque bow, or a Digger Launcher) resides under the score board, which holds a ability close to that of the story of "Damocles". I do not have a time stamp, but sometime during play, the score board will drop, being held only by a frayed cord, which when shot becomes a broken cord with sans a scoreboard.

The supermarket map, which I'm now told is called Checkout(Ugh) is a map best described as fast-paced and busy. It almost reminds me of the Canals map from Gears 1. This map features an alarm system, which to my knowledge, isn't anything but dangerous novelty.  Don't get me wrong, it's a nice map, but it won't be my favorite.

Trenches, a map which is my favorite, has very unique features. This map features the only spawn of the "One-Shot" sniper rifle, placed at the top of a hill that brings memories of D-Day. Pn the other side is another high ground plateau where the mortar launcher spawns. In each spawn area, there is a high-grounds terrace, adjacent to shields, useful for picking off ground enemies, and getting some leverage on mortar launchers. This map features a very strange and useful occurrence. Right when a match might be dwindling down to the final lives, A horn sounds in the distance, and then seconds later, A closer horn. This brings a blinding sandstorm. This usually sends combat into a standstill, but a few people actually use the sandstorm as a way to get in charge kills or flanking kills.

As for the forth, Old Town hasn't come up in the beta yet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And just to update on this "new enemy" Maxon refers to in the entry post, The creatures are known as "The Lambent", locust who have been exposed to immulsion far too long. You might remember seeing "Lambent Wretches" who have a tendency to explode after death, or lambent drones at the end of the second. They are apparently considered as an "infection" to the hoard, but they've grown into their own species, growing to almost a lovecraftian design.

[Image: zombie_che_sticker_400.jpg]

Blue Crew.....I got nothing flashy set up.
Squishy3
Closet Furry

04-25-2011, 09:30 AM

Retro lancer is meant for more mid-range maps, like Checkout and Trenches. Good in Thrashball for the chokepoints (the dugout on the right side and the mulcher/mortar nest on the left side.) It also destroys anyone coming up on you with a Gnasher/Sawed-off if you notice them before they're next to you. Gnasher will still get use solely due to the fact you get more than one shot and a shorter reload time, as well as it's usable from farther away rather than needing you to be standing right in front of them. Tongue Sawed-off you basically need to treat as a melee weapon, as that's the best distance for it. You can't go into a group of enemies and expect to kill everyone with a sawed-off, very unlikely to happen. :p

zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

04-25-2011, 01:28 PM

still pretty excited for this game i might play through the first two with my buddy who never beat them

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Squishy3
Closet Furry

04-25-2011, 01:50 PM

(04-25-2011, 01:28 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: still pretty excited for this game i might play through the first two with my buddy who never beat them
beta is really enjoyable so far, the 4 maps they have out in it are really good, and team deathmatch and king of the hill are both good, we get capture the leader and I think one other game mode in the next 2 weeks

PyroZombie
BRB, Posting

04-27-2011, 03:15 AM

(04-25-2011, 09:30 AM)Squishy link Wrote: Retro lancer is meant for more mid-range maps, like Checkout and Trenches. Good in Thrashball for the chokepoints (the dugout on the right side and the mulcher/mortar nest on the left side.) It also destroys anyone coming up on you with a Gnasher/Sawed-off if you notice them before they're next to you. Gnasher will still get use solely due to the fact you get more than one shot and a shorter reload time, as well as it's usable from farther away rather than needing you to be standing right in front of them. Tongue Sawed-off you basically need to treat as a melee weapon, as that's the best distance for it. You can't go into a group of enemies and expect to kill everyone with a sawed-off, very unlikely to happen. :p
The sawed is almost hammer-like, no grace in it, no subtlety either, not really as graceful as other weapons go, but it certainly gets the job done.

Me, I like to use it when I'm using the Hammerburst, to make up for the Hammerburst's lack in usefulness in the short-range game, but not more as an attack weapon. I like to use it defensively, hide around corners and blind-fire when enemies get close, kinda like a large brickwall of locust-sized birdshot. I also use it when I'm in the field of thrashball, for those few brave motherfuckers who feel like charging with their shotgun of choice and trying to cover-stun.

Also, as soon as I grab some Live, I want to see if I can bust the coverstun with grenades, starting with the most convenient grenade, The smoke grenade. I hope it will smoke explosion will stun someone long enough to recover from the stun, or will stop the stun entirely.

[Image: zombie_che_sticker_400.jpg]

Blue Crew.....I got nothing flashy set up.
Maxon
BRB, Posting

08-02-2011, 03:35 AM

Man, this trailer almost got me excited for Gears of War 3, but then I remembered it's Gears of War and then reigned in some of that excitement lol Kickass song from Bodycount though.

Gears of War 3 Horde 2.0 Five Against All Trailer [HD]