Hello There, Guest! Register

Splinter Cell: Conviction
Dtrain323i
Oprah Winfrey

04-21-2010, 09:20 AM

Anybody else pick this up? It's not classic splinter cell, but I like it.

11:35 Socks Greatbacon_work: Just accept the idea of enemas.
Maxon
BRB, Posting

04-21-2010, 03:25 PM

I enjoyed the game.  I didn't like the previous ones too much.  Too stiff and unforgiving.  With Conviction, they sorta streamlined the game, still keeping it stealthy, but making it more entertaining which I liked.  Story was like an unused season of 24 and deniable ops seems like a great way to keep people playing.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

04-21-2010, 05:23 PM

i want this game Sad

copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

04-21-2010, 06:21 PM

footage made it look closer to a bourne game than a splinter cell game.

im ok with that Smile

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Dtrain323i
Oprah Winfrey

04-22-2010, 10:12 AM

I giggle everytime I yank someone out of a window.  ;D

11:35 Socks Greatbacon_work: Just accept the idea of enemas.
Squishy3
Closet Furry

04-22-2010, 11:55 AM

(04-21-2010, 06:21 PM)Duck link Wrote: footage made it look closer to a bourne game than a splinter cell game.

im ok with that Smile
you should try out the bourne game actually, it's surprisingly decent.

K2
BRB, Posting

04-22-2010, 12:41 PM

I was seriously considering getting the PC version of this until Ubisoft started using that draconic DRM. Now I might just rent it for Xbox at some point.
backfire
Uninstalling

04-22-2010, 01:53 PM

(04-22-2010, 12:41 PM)K2 link Wrote: I was seriously considering getting the PC version of this until Ubisoft started using that draconic DRM. Now I might just rent it for Xbox at some point.

PC and Ubisoft go together like Infinty Ward and it's former-fanbase.

"Imma charge $10 more cuz we got da best gamez out der!"

Sucks though because this cross between action and stealth actually looked pretty cool.

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
2.4mb sig ノ(ಠ‿‿ಠノ)            (╯ಠ‿‿ಠ)╯︵bıs qɯ4˙2
Versus

12-27-2010, 03:45 PM

this game is pretty fun (bought it for pc)

backfire
Uninstalling

12-27-2010, 07:22 PM

I forgot I posted in this thread.

The game's awful from the perception of someone who was looking forward to a splinter cell game, and not some mis-made cross between Metal Gear Solid and Kane & Lynch. Just like in Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands, Ubisoft dumbed down the franchise to where it's pathetic to play it. You can clearly tell they were expecting people to repeatedly fail the stealth portion of the game, and gave the players a crapload of assault rifles to fall back on when they botch it up.

There's even a level where you're forced one of these guns and told to go storm through an enemy base with guns blazing to save a friend. The gun they give you in that level is an AK-47 with a red-dot scope. Now, I'm no gun expert, but that's just wrong. During that level, they force feed you grenades down your throat and give you an infinite supply of ammo with no hud element telling you how much ammo is in the clip (even though they do for the rest of the game).

A feature they added in this is the ability to "mark" multiple targets then hit a button to take them all out instantly, but in order to execute the marks, you need to perform one melee kill. Not exactly a hard feat considering the AI take a good 6 seconds before they decide to do anything with the rouge agent standing in front of him. Just to make things easier, instead of instantly killing someone, you can hold the melee button and just grab him and use him as a human shield. As long as you're facing the enemy, you're pretty much bulletproof.

Remember in past Splinter Cell games where if you go out into a field of guards without thinking, it didn't go so well? You lasted about 3 seconds before you were torn up by bullets from every angle. This on the other hand gives you so many second chances for if you decide to forget the game was originally built upon stealth. Let me just give an example of how pathetic the combat is. I ran through a building since I just cleared the last encounter not too long ago and usually they're pretty far apart. I missed the warning siren that appears on the top of the screen before you hit another encounter, and ran right into an ambush. I ran up, grabbed the first enemy I saw and used him as a meat shield. Because I grabbed him, that let me use execute up to four marks. That took care of half of them. Then I dropped my shield, ran up and melee the rest of them. If you tried that in the first game, you'd be ripped to shreads before you even knew what happened.

Even just the raw amount of guns they give you through out that game is just stupid. The only gun I used throughout the entire game was the pistol you start off with. I'm not even sure why you'd wanna use anything else since only the pistol has a silencer, meaning one shot with anything else with quickly turn into a firefight.

This and the new Prince of Persia game were the latest games I've played by Ubisoft, and I'm pretty much convinced they're starting to dumb down all their products to a level where the facebook-tards who play farmville and mafia wars all day can actually play through this. I was sick of it within the first hour. I only beat it so my rant would have a hint of validity to it for when I completely trash the game.

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
2.4mb sig ノ(ಠ‿‿ಠノ)            (╯ಠ‿‿ಠ)╯︵bıs qɯ4˙2
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2010, 07:24 PM by backfire.)
Versus

12-27-2010, 07:48 PM

i did not know human shield let you execute marks :o

also i have an MP5SD and upgraded my SC3000 to have a silencer

cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

12-27-2010, 09:12 PM

(12-27-2010, 07:22 PM)backfire link Wrote: I forgot I posted in this thread.

The game's awful from the perception of someone who was looking forward to a splinter cell game, and not some mis-made cross between Metal Gear Solid and Kane & Lynch. Just like in Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands, Ubisoft dumbed down the franchise to where it's pathetic to play it. You can clearly tell they were expecting people to repeatedly fail the stealth portion of the game, and gave the players a crapload of assault rifles to fall back on when they botch it up.

There's even a level where you're forced one of these guns and told to go storm through an enemy base with guns blazing to save a friend. The gun they give you in that level is an AK-47 with a red-dot scope. Now, I'm no gun expert, but that's just wrong. During that level, they force feed you grenades down your throat and give you an infinite supply of ammo with no hud element telling you how much ammo is in the clip (even though they do for the rest of the game).

A feature they added in this is the ability to "mark" multiple targets then hit a button to take them all out instantly, but in order to execute the marks, you need to perform one melee kill. Not exactly a hard feat considering the AI take a good 6 seconds before they decide to do anything with the rouge agent standing in front of him. Just to make things easier, instead of instantly killing someone, you can hold the melee button and just grab him and use him as a human shield. As long as you're facing the enemy, you're pretty much bulletproof.

Remember in past Splinter Cell games where if you go out into a field of guards without thinking, it didn't go so well? You lasted about 3 seconds before you were torn up by bullets from every angle. This on the other hand gives you so many second chances for if you decide to forget the game was originally built upon stealth. Let me just give an example of how pathetic the combat is. I ran through a building since I just cleared the last encounter not too long ago and usually they're pretty far apart. I missed the warning siren that appears on the top of the screen before you hit another encounter, and ran right into an ambush. I ran up, grabbed the first enemy I saw and used him as a meat shield. Because I grabbed him, that let me use execute up to four marks. That took care of half of them. Then I dropped my shield, ran up and melee the rest of them. If you tried that in the first game, you'd be ripped to shreads before you even knew what happened.

Even just the raw amount of guns they give you through out that game is just stupid. The only gun I used throughout the entire game was the pistol you start off with. I'm not even sure why you'd wanna use anything else since only the pistol has a silencer, meaning one shot with anything else with quickly turn into a firefight.

This and the new Prince of Persia game were the latest games I've played by Ubisoft, and I'm pretty much convinced they're starting to dumb down all their products to a level where the facebook-tards who play farmville and mafia wars all day can actually play through this. I was sick of it within the first hour. I only beat it so my rant would have a hint of validity to it for when I completely trash the game.

which is why I plan on buying the HD rerelease of the first 3 games on the PS3.

Versus

12-27-2010, 10:42 PM

chaos theory was the best of the original 3, easily

i played...

1 on gamecube
2 on ps2
3 on xbox
5 on pc

:-X

cbre88x

12-27-2010, 11:54 PM

I played the shit out of Chaos Theory. I skipped 2 because a different studio did that game. And I haven't played Double Agent yet.

Versus

12-28-2010, 01:46 AM

2 was ok i guess but i remember literally nothing about it, except i think one of the levels was in latin america? i don't remember

cbre88x

12-28-2010, 01:48 AM

Damn..now I want to play through all the old Splinter Cells.

Geoff
Real World Azn

12-28-2010, 02:20 AM

maybe if you stopped smoking copius amounts of weed you could remember things versus

(10-06-2011, 04:24 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote:just ignore everything Geoff posts its always trolling or ignorant drivel
Versus

12-28-2010, 04:47 AM

(12-28-2010, 02:20 AM)geoff link Wrote: maybe if you stopped smoking copius amounts of weed you could remember things versus

lol

Versus

01-01-2011, 07:02 AM

anyone want to do co-op sometime?

K2
BRB, Posting

01-01-2011, 03:24 PM

(01-01-2011, 07:02 AM)Versus-pwny- link Wrote: anyone want to do co-op sometime?

Yep