Hello There, Guest! Register

Lost Planet 2
Maxon
BRB, Posting

05-13-2010, 08:14 PM

http://www.destructoid.com/review-lost-p....phtml#ext

Sadly this is quite true.  A reasonable rental, but it's not nearly as good as the first one and when the first one was only "solid".  The idea of making campaign short, simulator like, missions ONLY...Co-Op only in fact and when your AI is half retarded, but you can't win without them, it makes play the game rather disappointing.  The first G Akrid you fight starts out cool, but then ends up being a tedious and almost endless bore because it has lots of instant kill attacks which means lots of respawning.  The next one you fight that was in the demo is less ridiculously impossible thankfully.  The third is much like the first with nearly instant kill attacks, though thankfully you can move around alot more.

They basically took the first game...removed a coherent and stable plot...added in a complicated menu and made some tedious boss fights. Hardly the game anyone was hoping for.  A shame for a series I hoped would go on to do awesome things.  Lets pray things fare better for Dead Rising 2.

It looks fantastic and I could watch the action scenes all day or if this was a CGI movie, but hardly worth playing the game.

I bought it spur of the moment, but once I burn through the campaign this weekend, I'm trading it in towards Red Dead Redemption.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

05-13-2010, 09:08 PM

How bad is the AI? L4D2 bad or Ghostbusters bad?
Maxon
BRB, Posting

05-13-2010, 09:52 PM

Worse than either now that I just finished this one Episode.  I just did a mission where you ride a train and need to destroy a G with a Rail Gun.  Problem is you need three other people to help out cause someone needs to load the gun, energize the shells for more power, go down to the cooling station when the gun takes damage, and be able to help move the gun past it's slower than shit normal speed if you need to make quick shots along with being able to fire the gun itself.

What does the AI do? They continue to bring up as many shells as they can and will load them...about it...Making that battle much harder and annoying than it is.

This is right after going through bad and unaware enemy AI, teammates that just barely participate, and teammates that get killed easily..So god damn annoying.

Just pisses me off, cause fighting a giant Tremor the size of a skyscraper with a Rail Gun that could take down Godzilla should be fucking awesome.  Not a chore.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]