Art
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

09-23-2010, 07:15 PM

You have improved so much it's amazing.
Pinkish
N00b

09-23-2010, 07:17 PM

Thank you! I was looking at my old DA and I wondered how the heck I had followers lol. I've still got a loooong way to go before i'm where I want to be heh.

[Image: e1dqq1.png]
Previously: Pinkish.
GT: om nom sandvich | SteamID: Sandvich! om nom nom.
Chief
BRB, Posting

09-23-2010, 08:18 PM

if i may comment for future pictures

it may be just me but i think your faces are a bit too small for the head, or the other way around
the first and third strikes me as the face being disoriented from the centre of the face, which could be associated to my above comment

other wise it looks great, keep on working at it

PyroZombie
BRB, Posting

09-23-2010, 09:35 PM

I used to doodle, but I've lost alot of my drawings over the years.

Nothing special, I was kinda fascinated with the fact that alot of people captured death's image through interpretation of the black plague, so I tried to give it a shot acouple times, but with different elements of human life, like pain, pride, courage and avarice, but I started taking a art class in 2008, and I could never really draw them again. I'd try pain For old time's sake, but I suck now.

[Image: zombie_che_sticker_400.jpg]

Blue Crew.....I got nothing flashy set up.
Axiroth
N00b

09-23-2010, 11:38 PM

Pink- I use whatever markers are around. ^^" I don't use the expensive stoof

[Image: sig.php?player_id=74707&background=random]

[Image: derp_mander_by_zeurel-d2yj4eg.gif]
Pinkish
N00b

09-25-2010, 01:33 PM

(09-23-2010, 08:18 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: if i may comment for future pictures

it may be just me but i think your faces are a bit too small for the head, or the other way around
the first and third strikes me as the face being disoriented from the centre of the face, which could be associated to my above comment

other wise it looks great, keep on working at it

Thank you and you are correct. My proportions are awful. You should see how how huge heads used to be when I first started. The only excuse I can give is the piano one was intended. The original concept was a young child with hands that could play like a well experienced adult. Lost the idea, but didn't fix the hands.

This is a recent painting and a prime example of me being zoomed in for WAY too long. Spent so hard perfecting the facial and skin textures didn't realize her body was smooshed!

[Image: finish_the_fight_by_omnomsandvich-d2zg9o2.jpg]

It's something I'm working on to fix with my paintings. It happens from me painting while zoomed in too often. Less zoom, moar proportions.

[Image: e1dqq1.png]
Previously: Pinkish.
GT: om nom sandvich | SteamID: Sandvich! om nom nom.
Reevesith
BRB, Posting

09-25-2010, 02:31 PM

I think each time I make one of these I'll add it to my sig X3
[move][Image: snailAxirothgoleft.gif][Image: snailSingoleft.gif][Image: snailkittygoleft.gif][/move]

[move][Image: snailkittygoleft.gif][Image: snailSingoleft.gif][Image: snailAxirothgoleft.gif][Image: snailLuinbarielgoleft.gif][Image: snailpryogoleft.gif][Image: snailspennygoleft.gif][Image: snailMinzgoleft.gif][Image: snailRinnsgoleft.gif][Image: snailChuruyago.gif][Image: snailheavygo.gif][Image: snailRigorMortisgoleft.gif][Image: snailherejonnygoleft.gif][Image: koopeyebot50.gif][Image: cuddlescrawlleft.gif]
[/move]
[Image: lolsgcatgunhugger.gif]
Strangest comment I've read sofar
"do you stroke your rack when you lie awake in bed at night... dreaming of the oven that got away?"
Luinbariel

09-25-2010, 05:16 PM

OMG SNAILS
Axiroth
N00b

09-25-2010, 06:47 PM

(09-25-2010, 02:31 PM)Reevesith link Wrote:
[move][Image: snailAxirothgoleft.gif][Image: snailSingoleft.gif][Image: snailkittygoleft.gif][/move]
Oh, hey. I'm in there. c:

Reevesith
BRB, Posting

09-25-2010, 08:26 PM

(09-25-2010, 06:47 PM)Axiroth link Wrote: [quote author=Reevesith link=topic=4625.msg175330#msg175330 date=1285443077]
Oh, hey. I'm in there. c:
[/quote]
is that okay? o3o

[move][Image: snailkittygoleft.gif][Image: snailSingoleft.gif][Image: snailAxirothgoleft.gif][Image: snailLuinbarielgoleft.gif][Image: snailpryogoleft.gif][Image: snailspennygoleft.gif][Image: snailMinzgoleft.gif][Image: snailRinnsgoleft.gif][Image: snailChuruyago.gif][Image: snailheavygo.gif][Image: snailRigorMortisgoleft.gif][Image: snailherejonnygoleft.gif][Image: koopeyebot50.gif][Image: cuddlescrawlleft.gif]
[/move]
"do you stroke your rack when you lie awake in bed at night... dreaming of the oven that got away?"
Reevesith
BRB, Posting

09-25-2010, 08:39 PM

(09-25-2010, 05:16 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: OMG SNAILS

[Image: snailLuinbarielgo100.gif]
Wouldn't be a snail march with out you XD {wearing the Red shell of rage}

[/move]
Axiroth
N00b

09-25-2010, 09:01 PM

I don't mind. It's awesome! ^^

Luinbariel

09-25-2010, 09:11 PM

(09-25-2010, 08:39 PM)Reevesith link Wrote: [quote author=Luinbariel link=topic=4625.msg175359#msg175359 date=1285452969]
OMG SNAILS

[/quote]

OMGILOVEYOUSOMUCH
Reevesith
BRB, Posting

09-25-2010, 09:37 PM

(09-25-2010, 09:11 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: [quote author=Reevesith link=topic=4625.msg175384#msg175384 date=1285465191]
[quote author=Luinbariel link=topic=4625.msg175359#msg175359 date=1285452969]
OMG SNAILS

[/quote]

OMGILOVEYOUSOMUCH
[/quote]
Happy to make it ^^ 

[/move]
Sponson
BRB, Posting

09-25-2010, 09:54 PM

@Pink, your technical skills are nice and developed in terms of handling the medium and rendering certain parts, but you really need to work the whole piece at once instead of zooming in and detailing.

You lose out on composition, proportion and anatomy, and other important details and what happens is what could be potentially very eye catching becomes very awkward. Most of your faces are skewed in a way that its bizarre to look at them: for example the girl with the red hair has unevenly sized eyes, one of which isn't angled correctly. Theres no visual clue to work your eye around the piece either - your saturation and values don't vary much at all - biggest offender is the Harley picture.

But over all your work could be very strong if you take one moment and just stop focusing on the details and instead focus on what you know your weaknesses are.

[Image: unled1wl.png]
Reevesith
BRB, Posting

09-25-2010, 11:15 PM

um... Pryo snail moon walking? X3
[move][Image: snailpryogo100.gif][/move]

[/move]
Reevesith
BRB, Posting

09-26-2010, 06:58 PM

anyone else want a lil snail?

[/move]
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

09-26-2010, 07:06 PM

Can you do a hipster snail?

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Turtle
Justin Bieber

09-26-2010, 07:37 PM

am i in there already i see one that looks like a turtle

Reevesith
BRB, Posting

09-26-2010, 07:37 PM

(09-26-2010, 07:06 PM)Surf314 link Wrote: Can you do a hipster snail?
I'd need a ref of "hipster" XD

[/move]