Hello There, Guest! Register

Crackdown 2
Maxon
BRB, Posting

06-25-2010, 06:01 PM

Anyone gonna be playing it?  I've played the demo twice (Which did the uber smart thing of a timed free roam romp like Just Cause 2) and I think it'll be a good time.  The first one was great, if abit bland, but going for the darker tone of a city in turmoil with the mutants and resistance cell members, could make this more interesting than...crime fighting with powers that it was before.  I already have it pre-ordered and it is 360 only.

I think my only beef for the game was that targeting was wonky.  Alot of the time when I would want to focus on a guy, it would target some guy like a mile away and not the guy right in front of me.  I guess it just goes for where-ever your reticle is pointing at, but it got annoying, especially when it would target a vehicle and not a person lol  Aside form that, it's much like other Free Roam combat action where you target a guy and then flick your right stick to aim for specific parts like head shots or you can disarm the enemy.  Once you get how it works, it can be great to run around just start popping heads.

Freaks seem like they are gonna be crazy to fight too.  At night, Freaks will come out in the hundreds, swarming streets, which make for the perfect time to do some road rage on them lol They are challenging themselves too, some taking a good bit of ammo.

Weapon variety wasn't very mixed, only coming across a couple weapons in the demo, basically a shotgun, two machine guns, and some...short range energy blast gun.  It doesn't go farther than like 30 feet, but you can instantly decimate Freaks in large groups with it.  Was great for when your getting swarmed, but you can't run off.

If you never played Crackdown, just think of it being...Saints Row 2 with Mutants and Super Powers lol

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
Squishy3
Closet Furry

06-25-2010, 07:52 PM

Crackdown 1 did the timed demo before just cause 2, darksiders, etc., and there are more weapons in crackdown 1 than there are in the crackdown 2 demo, AND crackdown 2 is adding even more weapons than that. If it works like the first game any powerful weapon you find you can bring back to a supply point and use it, on top of leveling up the firearms skill to unlock more guns. There are homing grenade launchers, sharpnel grenades, and a whole bunch more. Crackdown 1 was greatly enjoyable, and Crackdown 2 looks to be more of the same, which I am perfectly fine with. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, just add more of the same to it.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

06-25-2010, 08:03 PM

Ah, I never played the demo for Crackdown 1.  I just remember either buying or renting it. Crackdown is just one of those games where the basic experience of running across roof tops, nailing people as you go, is just a fun experience in itself.  Building up to that and enhancing your abilities with noticeable armor upgrades is a good time.

Squishy3
Closet Furry

06-25-2010, 08:13 PM

Crackdown's my favorite open world game, hands down. RDR, GTA4+ add-ons, etc. are all great, but none of them are as fun as Crackdown or me. It's funny because everyone thought Crackdown was just going to be some shitty game they'd get for the Halo 3 beta, and then realized it's 10x better than Halo 3.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

06-25-2010, 08:55 PM

(06-25-2010, 08:13 PM)Squishy link Wrote: Crackdown's my favorite open world game, hands down. RDR, GTA4+ add-ons, etc. are all great, but none of them are as fun as Crackdown or me. It's funny because everyone thought Crackdown was just going to be some shitty game they'd get for the Halo 3 beta, and then realized it's 10x better than Halo 3.

I agree and now that I remember, that's how I got into Crackdown, due to the Halo 3 Beta.  Picked up Crackdown and found out it was so much fun.  It was like playing a more solid Super Hero game like Spiderman or Hulk where you could kinda go wherever you want, but then Hulk was fused with Punisher lol  It's freeing to not be held back by the confines of a city, when you can quickly scale something, to then just start lunging across these tall buildings.

Vandamguy

07-09-2010, 03:54 PM

Anyone want to get together on this ? I've still got that month of free gold from when i bought GTA4 .. just need to remeber where i left it