Hello There, Guest! Register

The Sports Thread
Duck, Duck, Goose

06-28-2010, 03:21 PM

(06-28-2010, 03:17 PM)Dtrain323i link Wrote: Whatever buddy. You live in America's hat.  Tongue
Whatever buddy. Your country is trillions of dollars in debt.  :p
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

06-28-2010, 03:23 PM

(06-28-2010, 03:17 PM)Nitrous Oxide link Wrote: What's that?

I have 2 Gold medals blocking my ears.

What's that?

[Image: the-stanley-cup.jpg]

I'm too busy staring at this awesome cup that's currently residing in Chicago right now

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Turtle
Justin Bieber

06-28-2010, 03:24 PM

Whatever buddy you flag a maple leaf

a LEAF

YOU ARE THE LEAVES

Duck, Duck, Goose

06-28-2010, 03:25 PM

[Image: ichart_2618.png]
trolololololol

Also your captain is a Canadian, and he was the MVP.
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2010, 03:30 PM by Nitrous Oxide.)
Chief
BRB, Posting

06-28-2010, 03:33 PM

(06-28-2010, 03:25 PM)Nitrous Oxide link Wrote: Also your captain is a Canadian, and he was the MVP.
from my good town, winnipeg im pretty sure
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Bla...ent_roster

look at all those canucks

Duck, Duck, Goose

06-28-2010, 03:46 PM

[Image: 185237_funny_canada_on_top_map.jpg]
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

06-28-2010, 05:01 PM

Nitrous, you're retard nationalism rivals that of even Sox Nation, and you're mucking up what could have be an interesting thread. Please take it somewhere else, you're dripping downs on the floor.

Also, protip: making fun of the Men's US Soccer 2010 World Cup squad when Canada couldn't even qualify is the same sort of short-sighted, childish gibing that I would expect from someone who - as recently as just a few short months ago - would take showers immediately after toking up because he was afraid his mommy would catch him. Grow up plz. Same to you chief

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Duck, Duck, Goose

06-28-2010, 05:44 PM

(06-28-2010, 05:01 PM)Duck link Wrote: Nitrous, you're retard nationalism rivals that of even Sox Nation, and you're mucking up what could have be an interesting thread. Please take it somewhere else, you're dripping downs on the floor.

Also, protip: making fun of the Men's US Soccer 2010 World Cup squad when Canada couldn't even qualify is the same sort of short-sighted, childish gibing that I would expect from someone who - as recently as just a few short months ago - would take showers immediately after toking up because he was afraid his mommy would catch him. Grow up plz. Same to you chief
You play competitive TF2. Your argument is invalid.

Now leave this thread to be invaded by the hockey fans.
Chief
BRB, Posting

06-28-2010, 05:57 PM

(06-28-2010, 05:01 PM)Duck link Wrote: Also, protip: making fun of the Men's US Soccer 2010 World Cup squad when Canada couldn't even qualify is the same sort of short-sighted, childish gibing that I would expect from someone who - as recently as just a few short months ago - would take showers immediately after toking up because he was afraid his mommy would catch him. Grow up plz. Same to you chief
i really dont think canada gives a shit about soccer because they just cheer for their team (whatever their nationality is) because we have multicultural flowing out of our ears and since almost everyone immigrates here that if we do have good soccer players they just go back to their country of birth

i would say u mad, but im gonna stop it anyway

Geoff
Real World Azn

06-28-2010, 06:05 PM

(06-28-2010, 05:57 PM)TheDarkChief link Wrote: [quote author=Duck link=topic=4757.msg161095#msg161095 date=1277762501]
i really dont think canada gives a shit about soccer because they just cheer for their team (whatever their nationality is) because we have multicultural flowing out of our ears and since almost everyone immigrates here that if we do have good soccer players they just go back to their country of birth

i would say u mad, but im gonna stop it anyway
[/quote]

what team has a fucking canadian allstar.  just shut the fuck up. 

(10-06-2011, 04:24 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote:just ignore everything Geoff posts its always trolling or ignorant drivel
Radio Raheem
BRB, Posting

06-28-2010, 07:22 PM

first of all hockey sucks dick

second your country is a frozen piece of shit you have nothing better to do

third hockey still sucks dick find a real sport

later bitches im gonna go to sleep

Vlambo
BRB, Posting

06-28-2010, 07:39 PM

(06-28-2010, 07:22 PM)Tim link Wrote: hurp a durp, im a ameritard.

I'm a man for all sports, but hockey is just the best. I'm a diehard Anaheim Ducks fan, and will literally kill a bitch if anyone mocks them.

And hey, Hockey has the best athletes, no matter what people say.
Black Aspen
BRB, Posting

06-29-2010, 12:49 AM

Hockey is the fucking tits.  Done.  Better than any other sport.

Oh, and while on that topic.  If you want to hear more about the "tits" of sport, I was a guest of the Puck Podcast on their Free Agency Special tonight.  It's long, so I won't hate you if you stop listening early.  Also, I'll give someone $4 if they can correctly count how many times I stumble over my words.

http://www.puckpodcast.com/puck-podcast-...ew-special

Or, you can get it on iTunes by searching for Puck Podcast.
Tricks
BRB, Posting

06-29-2010, 08:21 AM

(06-29-2010, 12:49 AM)Black Aspen link Wrote: Hockey is the fucking tits.  Done.  Better than any other sport.

Oh, and while on that topic.  If you want to hear more about the "tits" of sport, I was a guest of the Puck Podcast on their Free Agency Special tonight.  It's long, so I won't hate you if you stop listening early.  Also, I'll give someone $4 if they can correctly count how many times I stumble over my words.

http://www.puckpodcast.com/puck-podcast-...ew-special

Or, you can get it on iTunes by searching for Puck Podcast.

I typically only watch the playoffs, but I do kind of follow hockey since my girlfriend is a big Red Wing’s fan.

Still…this kinda owns man. Cool link.
Tricks
BRB, Posting

06-29-2010, 08:37 AM

Action today?

Well, after Roddick dropped off yesterday, the only story that is left in Wimbledon is a possible Nadal/Federer rematch (first time since 2008, since in 2009 Nadal’s knee was injured) and naturally the William’s sisters probably having another show-down at the finish.

With all of the almost-upsets this year (Federer’s first round, etc) I was hoping for a drastically different field for the quarter and semi finals. When you have players fighting for multiple grass titles instead of first time, it does lose a lot of the watchability (at least for me).

World Cup should be cool to follow today; really focusing on Spain/Portugal. I might sneak downstairs to the deli in our lobby and try to watch some of the game, but I will probably just tab in and out of ESPN’s little soccer tracker during the game.

For me, the real hype is LeBron right now. I know a lot of people don’t like Pro Basketball because of the really whiney players, but I think this is a really amazing moment for the NBA that most sports-inclined people know about. Free-agency starts for LeBron on July 1st, and I presume Sports Center will be more or less nothing but Lebron rumors (as if it wasn’t already).

Did anybody watch the NBA draft? It sounds like Black Aspen watched the NHL draft the night after, any surprises there?

Dtrain, you are in Omaha and a Cubs fan…making it out to the College World Series at all? I thought about going over there, but I don’t follow College Baseball enough to really know the players/teams/etc.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5339496...id=2491545

Whoaaa
Vlambo
BRB, Posting

06-29-2010, 08:42 AM

Big surprises during the Draft. My Anaheim Ducks got Cam Fowler at the 13th pick. To put that in perspective, He was basically best prospect after Hall and Seguin, so I'm fucking estatic. We also nabbed a native Californian with the 29th pick. Also 11 Americans taken in the first round this year, 4 Californians taken in the first 2. The Sun Belt Kids are starting to be drafted. Expect major appeal to sun Belt teams in the next few years with homegrown talent.
Tricks
BRB, Posting

06-29-2010, 08:53 AM

(06-29-2010, 08:42 AM)Vlambo link Wrote: Big surprises during the Draft. My Anaheim Ducks got Cam Fowler at the 13th pick. To put that in perspective, He was basically best prospect after Hall and Seguin, so I'm fucking estatic. We also nabbed a native Californian with the 29th pick. Also 11 Americans taken in the first round this year, 4 Californians taken in the first 2. The Sun Belt Kids are starting to be drafted. Expect major appeal to sun Belt teams in the next few years with homegrown talent.

Very cool. How long till these picks start to make an impact? It would be pretty cool to see the Ducks over the San Jose Sharks in their division; how far do you think we are from seeing that happen?
Black Aspen
BRB, Posting

06-29-2010, 11:59 AM

(06-29-2010, 08:53 AM)Trick link Wrote: [quote author=Vlambo link=topic=4757.msg161191#msg161191 date=1277818952]
Big surprises during the Draft. My Anaheim Ducks got Cam Fowler at the 13th pick. To put that in perspective, He was basically best prospect after Hall and Seguin, so I'm fucking estatic. We also nabbed a native Californian with the 29th pick. Also 11 Americans taken in the first round this year, 4 Californians taken in the first 2. The Sun Belt Kids are starting to be drafted. Expect major appeal to sun Belt teams in the next few years with homegrown talent.

Very cool. How long till these picks start to make an impact? It would be pretty cool to see the Ducks over the San Jose Sharks in their division; how far do you think we are from seeing that happen?
[/quote]

Fowler is probably going to be on the Ducks next year, unless they can net some big name Defencemen in Free Agency.  With Niedermayer (one of the best defensemen of all time, and their captain) retiring, compacted with the Pronger deal, their blueline is in tatters.  It'd probably be a mistake to have Fowler jump right from junior to the NHL, but they might be that desperate.  As for the Ducks overtaking the Sharks, I don't see it happening this coming season.  The Los Angeles Kings however?  That's a different story.  Depending on what the Sharks do with their goaltending this off-season, I think there's a pretty damn good chance that the Kings might finish atop the division, ahead of the Sharks.

--------------END HOCKEY----------------

As I don't want to make this the hockey thread, I do have an NBA question.  Trick, you mentioned that LeBron looks like he's going to be hitting the open market...  How the fuck does Cleveland let that happen?  Also, a lot of talk in Toronto is about them doing the same with Bosh.  Are the Raptors fucked when he walks?
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

06-29-2010, 12:17 PM

(06-29-2010, 11:59 AM)Black Aspen link Wrote: As I don't want to make this the hockey thread, I do have an NBA question.  Trick, you mentioned that LeBron looks like he's going to be hitting the open market...  How the fuck does Cleveland let that happen?  Also, a lot of talk in Toronto is about them doing the same with Bosh.  Are the Raptors fucked when he walks?

It happens because LeBron is sick of Cleveland and Cleveland is sick of LeBron, he played abysmally against the Celtics

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Tricks
BRB, Posting

06-29-2010, 12:42 PM

(06-29-2010, 12:17 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: [quote author=Black Aspen link=topic=4757.msg161212#msg161212 date=1277830799]

As I don't want to make this the hockey thread, I do have an NBA question.  Trick, you mentioned that LeBron looks like he's going to be hitting the open market...  How the fuck does Cleveland let that happen?  Also, a lot of talk in Toronto is about them doing the same with Bosh.  Are the Raptors fucked when he walks?

It happens because LeBron is sick of Cleveland and Cleveland is sick of LeBron, he played abysmally against the Celtics
[/quote]

LeBron wants to win a ring. Kobe has five, Jordan has six, Magic has five, and it's is just wierd that LeBron doesn't have one. Everybody views him as this kid still, but the truth is that he has played in Cleveland for seven years.

As for Cleveland? They fired their head coach. Their GM just walked off. The program is in shambles. Shaq only had a one year contract, and Mo Brown is damn awful. LeBron has zero supporting cast. It's the LeBron show, 24-7, and apparently that isn't enough to carry a team to the Finals.

All that said: The Cavs have a couple things going for them to keep the King:

1. They have an owner who loves to spend, which is really important to LeBron. The very first meeting LeBron has lined up with the New Jersey Nets, the worst team in basketball (only 12 wins all of last season). Why? Their new Russian owner is beyond loaded, and wants to blow millions and millions to make a real contender. Owners who spend huge money win championships. The Lakers win, the Yankees win, and Manchester United wins because they spend money to buy titles. Having an owner who is willing to pay whatever it takes to win is huge for King James, and the Cav's owner is willing to spend anything to get LeBron back.
2. He is literally playing in his own back yard. Maybe it's a Midwest thing, but to be that local hero....that is something really special. Ohio watched LeBron help carry his team to the High School championships again and again and again. To him, he is a sign to people in Ohio that something special can come from Ohio.

So really, the question is: What is the number one priority for the biggest free agent in history? Do you leave your home, your friends, and your family to try and win a national title? And if so, who has the best shot to win in the next 2-3 years?

I mean listen, he may still be young, but a longggg NBA career is consider 15 years. He is halfway through that. The clock is ticking if he wants to go down in history with Kobe, Jordan, and Magic.

Whoever picks up LeBron is going to spend money you can only dream of to pull together a team around him. LeBron and D-Wade, LeBron and Bosh, there are some killer options out there.

Bosh: Yeah, Toronto is going to be hurting. Bosh is the all-time leading scorer for the Raptors, and I believe the leader in blocks and rebounds as well. But Bosh, just like LeBron, has no rings and is not going to get one with the Raptors. I miss the days of Vince Carter winning the NBA dunk contests with a Raptor's jersey on, but those days are indeed long gone.

*deep breath*

tl;dr: Should be a good couple weeks for basketball.