09-15-2010, 09:54 PM

this comic sums up my opinions so far

[Image: 340x.jpg]

trailer

DEVIL MAY CRY 5 - REBOOT DEBUT HD GAMEPLAY HD TRAILER

Maxon
BRB, Posting

09-15-2010, 11:08 PM

I'm not really a DMC fanboy, so the young Dante isn't that big of a deal.  I mean if the gameplay is still crazy, Dante has attitude, it'll be a fine game as it always has been.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
HuckBerryGee
Lurker

09-15-2010, 11:12 PM

I actually like the new look, staying from the generic bad dude with white hair character(god only knows how many of those exist)
sure he may look like a skunk, but at least he stands out from the group.

if anyone know, I'd kill to know  the artist and title of the trailer song. Please do tell

[Image: sanitymaskswirl1.gif]
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

09-15-2010, 11:40 PM

the video says "reboot".

How can it be a reboot if it's DMC 5?
Squishy3
Closet Furry

09-15-2010, 11:49 PM

(09-15-2010, 11:40 PM)Karth link Wrote: the video says "reboot".

How can it be a reboot if it's DMC 5?
It's just labeled DMC, or Devil May Cry, instead of DMC5. However, it's the 5th DMC game, that's just there to help gain hits from people searching "DMC 5 trailer."

(09-15-2010, 11:12 PM)SanityMask link Wrote: I actually like the new look, staying from the generic bad dude with white hair character(god only knows how many of those exist)
sure he may look like a skunk, but at least he stands out from the group.

if anyone know, I'd kill to know  the artist and title of the trailer song. Please do tell
the thing is, the reasoning behind "rebooting" the series is bullshit. it's designed to be more western friendly, so that sales are much better. however, dmc4 sold the fastest amount of copies out of any dmc game, so there's no need to do a reboot because the old ones appeal enough to sell almost 1 million copies between both systems in a 2 month period, and sold 2,300,000 copies overall, which is 1 million more than DMC3. So there's basically no reason to do a reboot and complete redesign of the character. It's a character that has well defined lore with his OLD character design (4 main games, an appearance in the Viewtiful Joe fighting game, an anime series, figure series, books with illustrations, Marvel VS Capcom 3, among other things I'm probably forgetting)  There's just no plausible reason for them to change the design that they've had for nearly 9 years, and if they change the way the character acts as well it's going to be only a Gamefly rental from me. (Hell, the debut trailer is slower than Dante acted at all in any of the other games, his movements are just overall sluggish)

This is the first cutscene of 3, which is also a younger Dante and is infinitely faster than this version. Keiji Inafune is on record saying that it's subject to change at least, which I hope they do change. I'm fine with the way the weapon is, I just think the character design is atrocious, and is trying to portray Dante as being more serious than over-the-top silly, he doesn't even make a single wise-crack in the trailer. It just goes against everything his character has been for all these years.

Devil May Cry 3: Mission 1 - A Crazy Party Cutscene (1/2)

HuckBerryGee
Lurker

09-16-2010, 11:24 AM

(09-15-2010, 11:49 PM)Squishy link Wrote: The thing is, the reasoning behind "rebooting" the series is bullshit. it's designed to be more western friendly, so that sales are much better. however, dmc4 sold the fastest amount of copies out of any dmc game, so there's no need to do a reboot because the old ones appeal enough to sell almost 1 million copies between both systems in a 2 month period, and sold 2,300,000 copies overall, which is 1 million more than DMC3. So there's basically no reason to do a reboot and complete redesign of the character. It's a character that has well defined lore with his OLD character design (4 main games, an appearance in the Viewtiful Joe fighting game, an anime series, figure series, books with illustrations, Marvel VS Capcom 3, among other things I'm probably forgetting)  There's just no plausible reason for them to change the design that they've had for nearly 9 years, and if they change the way the character acts as well it's going to be only a Gamefly rental from me. (Hell, the debut trailer is slower than Dante acted at all in any of the other games, his movements are just overall sluggish)

This is the first cutscene of 3, which is also a younger Dante and is infinitely faster than this version. Keiji Inafune is on record saying that it's subject to change at least, which I hope they do change. I'm fine with the way the weapon is, I just think the character design is atrocious, and is trying to portray Dante as being more serious than over-the-top silly, he doesn't even make a single wise-crack in the trailer. It just goes against everything his character has been for all these years.

Devil May Cry 3: Mission 1 - A Crazy Party Cutscene (1/2)
I think there's a logical reason for all the changes, first of all he looks younger, probably takes place before devil may cry 3, before gaining the experience he acquires in the other games. Think of this as straight from the womb dante, maybe he just discovered he's got this new found strength speed and agility(I don't know how and when the sons of sparda got their powers) hair is black with a spot of white, he's going to get older, beefier, his hair is going to change, he's going to grow up have a style change.  He seems more more wild than the smooth demon hunter he his today, he's going to refine his style and all that stuff.

In all honesty I think people are way over their head about this, they should take the chill pill, it's just a trailer god dammit. Game's not even released yet and there's already people making wild assumptions like they took the delorean for a ride and know everything about it.

WAIT AND SEE!

I really don't mind the hair change from 80s hair band to punk rock which most people will label emo, people change.

[Image: sanitymaskswirl1.gif]
HeK
Rotartsinimda

09-16-2010, 06:25 PM

(09-15-2010, 11:49 PM)Squishy link Wrote: It's just labeled DMC, or Devil May Cry, instead of DMC5.

They can't do that! DMC is a registered trademark of the DeLorean Motor Company!