Hello There, Guest! Register

Achron: The Time Traveler's RTS
Gasman
Lurker

09-24-2010, 12:10 PM

http://achrongame.com/site/

Achron is an RTS with a time travel element added for an additional level of depth. Basically, you can go to another point in the game time in order to undo or change an action.

Achron Alpha Demo 1 - Time Travel Explained
Achron Alpha Demo 1 - Time Travel Explained

It may seem complicated at first, but it isn't at all. It just takes a little getting used to. Since it is still in alpha, everything still looks like geometric colored blocks, it is not fully optimized yet and only the human race units have been revealed. However, it is quite playable and fun at that.

Having played on and off since January of this year, I can say that it lives up to everything it promises. the time travel element is crisp, efficient, and does exactly what is said it does. The multiplayer is also a blast, especially when everyone is playing mind games with each other, trying to find where the actual attacks are at and when they are at.

The units are (I think, I haven't played the last update yet) not fully optimized yet and are slightly sluggish to orders. In addition, you need a decent computer to run Achron with acceptable frames, otherwise you'll end up like me and have lots of lag issues and 8-12 fps. Other than that, it's a really solid possibility of a game.

I'm posting this here since I don't think Achron gets the love it deserves. It is a groundbreaking game that I hope will turn into something more than a fad.
ZargonX
Hit em with a Splersh

09-24-2010, 12:26 PM

Man, I've been watching this game for like two years.  Is it ever actually coming out?

Spectacle Rock - Witty Slogan Here
Gasman
Lurker

09-24-2010, 12:36 PM

(09-24-2010, 12:26 PM)ZargonX link Wrote: Man, I've been watching this game for like two years.  Is it ever actually coming out?
Supposedly the beta will start soon (the next couple months) and it will be released in the first quarter of next year.
rumsfald

09-24-2010, 04:54 PM

[Image: archon.jpg]

I misread title and now am nostalgically disappoint.
[fr31ns]Karrde
The Handy Murse

09-25-2010, 06:40 PM

(09-24-2010, 04:54 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: [Image: archon.jpg]

I misread title and now am nostalgically disappoint.

lol, Jon Freeman...

<+Karrde> welp, time to learn some basic patterning skills
<@Negate> 12121212121212121212
<@Negate> there is a simple pattern
<+Karrde> I changed my mind.  Gonna cosplay as a gay demon from hell and get negate raped instead XD
<+Caffeine`work> Karrde: Gay demon? Why would you need to cosplay just go as yourself
<+FlyingMongoose> Caffeine`work: Karrde would actually have to tone it down some.
Gasman
Lurker

08-25-2011, 05:42 PM

Necro'ing because I found Achron is officially coming out on steam in 4 days. It still is exactly as it was promised; I may actually start playing it again if I can get some others to play it with me.