Hello There, Guest! Register

My phone keeps turning on and off (AND MORE)
Axiroth
N00b

09-25-2010, 07:02 PM

I've been having this problem with the phone for quite some time now. I'll get a text from somebody, my phone randomly decides to turn off, then turn right back on. Any clue what's going on there?

The touch screen won't work for shit. Is there anyway to fix this, or is it just the phone being stupid?

Sometimes my phone will be set to medium volume level, and it won't ring AT ALL when I get a new message or anything. It's been doing this more and more.

Sometimes when I try to save a picture, all I get is a box with a question mark in it. It's not the memory that's the problem, so what's going on?

I can't send pictures with sounds for the most part because it says the memory won't allow it, but again, the memory is just fine.

And why does it have random moments where a picture of a phone and the earth pop up and it says "Backup assistance" or some shit like that? It only pops up at night, stays there for 5 seconds, then disappears.

So, guys, can you help me with any of these problems?

[Image: sig.php?player_id=74707&background=random]

[Image: derp_mander_by_zeurel-d2yj4eg.gif]
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

09-25-2010, 07:09 PM

Take it to your provider and have them fix it.

Unless your phone is off contract I don't see much point in trying to fix it yourself. Get them to do it while it's still got some kind of warranty or protection guarantee or you'll just get fucked. Most of those problems sound like manufacturer's defects or damage to the phone's internals.

Has it been wet? When my old phone got wet it was never the same. We cleaned it up with alcohol and such but it had similar issues with volume and with the display.
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

09-25-2010, 07:15 PM

Uh, what kind of phone is it and what OS is it running?

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Axiroth
N00b

09-25-2010, 09:00 PM

Luin: I'll talk to them about it then. :3

Caf: It's an LG Voyager. It seemed decent at first, but it's just been fucking up so much >_<

[Image: sig.php?player_id=74707&background=random]

[Image: derp_mander_by_zeurel-d2yj4eg.gif]
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

09-30-2010, 10:18 AM

my gf's phone used to do that, the provider couldn't fix it and she had to get a new phone :/ Not saying that's whats happening to you, but still.

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

10-04-2010, 01:26 AM

Sorry to threadjack, but mny blackberry is giving me the exact same problem,.

Sometimes, out of nowhere, it will just turn off, or show a really low battery even if i leave it plugged overnight. Some days the battery would last 2-3 days, sometimes, 15 minutes. The same way, sometimes it can take like 4 hours for the battery to charge, sometimes, 10 minutes.

Problem with Blackberries are that when the cellphone "thinks" it's charged, it'll just stop recieving electricity even if it's plugged :/.

I've changed the battery twice now, and i don't have anything else activated, only telephone.