Hello There, Guest! Register

Sound Issue
Badgerman of DOOM
I Stand in Spitter Goo

10-29-2010, 09:07 PM

Alright guys, I've been having some issues with sound on my computer. They're all fairly minor and don't happen too often, but this time it's really pissed me off.
Sometimes, after plugging in headphones, any and all sound output just stops. I go to the volume control and click the slider to do the "bing" sound- nothing, although the computer registers a sound is being made. This also happens when I switch "modes" on my sound card.
Sometimes audio goes "grainy" and there's static in what should be otherwise clear audio.
Finally, my G19 has a volume scroll wheel thing on it which brings up a display of how much the audio is incrementing on screen. The issue with this is that it tabs me out of any fullscreen application and it interrupts anything I'm doing as it's active (I cannot type and have it up, even though it does not use mouse).

EDIT- Disabling and Restarting the device fixes problem 1. I'd still like to know if there's a way to stop it from happening altogether.

Also, using Windows 7 64bit, sound card is a Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi.

Didzo
Uninstalling

10-29-2010, 10:14 PM

Uhm... Check your drivers.

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]
Badgerman of DOOM
I Stand in Spitter Goo

10-30-2010, 12:03 AM

(10-29-2010, 10:14 PM)Didzo link Wrote: Uhm... Check your drivers.

According to HP Update, Window's Update, and a manual forced update, it's all up-to-date. This has been happening since I got my computer. Again, infrequently, but frequently enough that I know what causes at least one of the problems.