Hello There, Guest! Register

Android Phones
backfire
Uninstalling

10-28-2011, 04:02 AM

(10-28-2011, 01:50 AM)zaneyard link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=5240.msg228681#msg228681 date=1319758438]
[quote author=zaneyard link=topic=5240.msg228648#msg228648 date=1319747520]
li-ion batteries don't discharge linearly

and often, the battery isn't charging when it's plugged in and it's at "100%" because otherwise it would overheat so the battery stops charging for a set amount of time before it tops it back up to 100

don't leave wifi on ever

also, don't use a task killer thing i don't know what that icon is on the top left there.

Well I mean what's going on is my battery was just fine before I installed cyenogenmod. Now it's "drain a 1% every 3 minutes while sleeping, 1% every one minute while active". Gunna let this battery drain then recharge it again and see if that does anything.
[/quote]
well stock cm should run fine. what have you installed?
[/quote]

This thing. The LG Optimus V doesn't have an official build of CyanogenMod so I'm forced to use a custom version. I tried recalibrating earlier yesterday and still hasn't died yet so I'm thinking it's either fixed or doing much better than it was.

[Image: xOlvz.png]

My other rom didn't have one of these things so I don't have anything to compare it to. Considering it mostly left it idle since calibrating it yesterday, how's that look?

And just to clear things up, I have mostly the same apps and settings. Only major difference is the rom.

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
2.4mb sig ノ(ಠ‿‿ಠノ)            (╯ಠ‿‿ಠ)╯︵bıs qɯ4˙2
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

10-28-2011, 04:11 AM

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=1176888

post in here if you're having problems

and idk 18 hours isn't too bad don't expect the thing to last 4 days on a single charge.

what's that shield thing?

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
backfire
Uninstalling

10-28-2011, 04:52 AM

(10-28-2011, 04:11 AM)zaneyard link Wrote: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...?t=1176888

post in here if you're having problems

and idk 18 hours isn't too bad don't expect the thing to last 4 days on a single charge.

what's that shield thing?

JuiceDefender. In a nutshell, just turns off internet when in sleep mode and turns it on for a bit every 7 minutes to update stuff.

zaneyard

10-28-2011, 05:23 AM

most important apps support push anyway

any apps that you have that are sucking data that you feel the need to shut your data off probably can be adjusted for update frequency.

i don't use anything like that. my old hero lasts long enough even with the dying battery. honestly just make sure you charge it every night.

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Vandamguy

10-28-2011, 07:17 AM

did some digging because i was considering flashing my rom and found information on both of these topics actually.

backfire: from what i read a lot of people have complaints about battery life after installing cm7, others suggested DarkyROM as a better alternative if you're still interested in having a rooted phone.

zanetrain: found instructions on how to do a battery re-calibration here it cant hurt to try amirhgt ?
backfire
Uninstalling

10-28-2011, 08:16 AM

(10-28-2011, 07:17 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote: backfire: from what i read a lot of people have complaints about battery life after installing cm7, others suggested DarkyROM as a better alternative if you're still interested in having a rooted phone.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm thinkin it might be doin better after I calerbrated the battery, but I wanna put it through a day of use just to make sure. If it's still crap after that, I'll check out darkyrom.

Also, is there a way to backup your apps and such so you aren't stuck reinstalling everything after a flash?

zaneyard

10-28-2011, 04:38 PM

not really. you can install them to your sd card instead of system memory i guess.

i know how to recalibrate the battery but i think that's for making sure the system is reading the right percentage used? idk it's just an old battery it's running pretty well now that i put gingerbread hero deck on

i'd still be running ic3drom if the dev cleaned up the code and the glitches before he left for another device. every update he released the damn thing got faster and faster.

i find stock cm to be really bulky. perhaps you should try out some other roms here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1089

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=962862
aosp makes good mods off of cm

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2011, 04:48 PM by zaneyard.)
backfire
Uninstalling

10-29-2011, 03:26 AM

Ya know... what'd be really silly. I'm wondering if I just simply think the battery's draining rapidly because I never had the ability to see the battery's exact percent before. I just went and turned that off again back to just a bar form. I'll take this for a field test and report back.

Vandamguy

10-29-2011, 07:45 AM

(10-29-2011, 03:26 AM)backfire link Wrote: Ya know... what'd be really silly. I'm wondering if I just simply think the battery's draining rapidly because I never had the ability to see the battery's exact percent before. I just went and turned that off again back to just a bar form. I'll take this for a field test and report back.
lol

i think crazy im going makes me
zaneyard

10-29-2011, 02:48 PM

(10-29-2011, 07:45 AM)Vandamguy link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=5240.msg228844#msg228844 date=1319876767]
Ya know... what'd be really silly. I'm wondering if I just simply think the battery's draining rapidly because I never had the ability to see the battery's exact percent before. I just went and turned that off again back to just a bar form. I'll take this for a field test and report back.
lol

[/quote]
i think you accidentally a word

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
backfire
Uninstalling

10-29-2011, 10:51 PM

(10-29-2011, 02:48 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: [quote author=Vandamguy link=topic=5240.msg228849#msg228849 date=1319892357]
[quote author=backfire link=topic=5240.msg228844#msg228844 date=1319876767]
lol

[/quote]
i think you accidentally a word
[/quote]
I just read it as yoda talk...

Eightball
Booze Makes Me Gay

11-10-2011, 05:16 PM

Think I have to give up on the Galaxy Nexus Sad My 3GS's rapidly deteriorating condition is going to make the wait for the GN to be released on AT&T (if ever) impossible. So I've looked into alternatives, and I'm pretty sure I'm going with the Galaxy S II. However, AT&T recently launched a newer version which has LTE capabilities: The S II Skyrocket.

I do live around Chicago, though in the store when I was playing with it I certainly wasn't pulling the ridiculous 10Mbps down speed they hinted at. Still, does anyone know which phone is a better choice? It seems that the Skyrocket has a 1.5Ghz processor as opposed to the SII's 1.2Ghz, but video reviews are reporting that the different chipsets utilized are actually giving the Skyrocket slightly lower performance than the SII. The Skyrocket's screen is larger, and the battery is slightly more robust to compensate for this, but the resolution hasn't changed at all. Oh, and the Skyrocket is $50 more. What do you guys think?
HeK
Rotartsinimda

11-10-2011, 06:44 PM

(11-10-2011, 05:16 PM)Eightball link Wrote: Think I have to give up on the Galaxy Nexus Sad My 3GS's rapidly deteriorating condition is going to make the wait for the GN to be released on AT&T (if ever) impossible. So I've looked into alternatives, and I'm pretty sure I'm going with the Galaxy S II. However, AT&T recently launched a newer version which has LTE capabilities: The S II Skyrocket.

I do live around Chicago, though in the store when I was playing with it I certainly wasn't pulling the ridiculous 10Mbps down speed they hinted at. Still, does anyone know which phone is a better choice? It seems that the Skyrocket has a 1.5Ghz processor as opposed to the SII's 1.2Ghz, but video reviews are reporting that the different chipsets utilized are actually giving the Skyrocket slightly lower performance than the SII. The Skyrocket's screen is larger, and the battery is slightly more robust to compensate for this, but the resolution hasn't changed at all. Oh, and the Skyrocket is $50 more. What do you guys think?

Both are good, but if you plan to have the phone for 2-3 three years, think LTE.

That said, the Galaxy Nexus should be out in two weeks.
Eightball
Booze Makes Me Gay

11-10-2011, 11:14 PM

(11-10-2011, 06:44 PM)HeK link Wrote: [quote author=Eightball link=topic=5240.msg230082#msg230082 date=1320963394]
Think I have to give up on the Galaxy Nexus Sad My 3GS's rapidly deteriorating condition is going to make the wait for the GN to be released on AT&T (if ever) impossible. So I've looked into alternatives, and I'm pretty sure I'm going with the Galaxy S II. However, AT&T recently launched a newer version which has LTE capabilities: The S II Skyrocket.

Both are good, but if you plan to have the phone for 2-3 three years, think LTE.

[/quote]

All right, Skyrocket it is then. And even if the Galaxy Nexus is out in 2 weeks, if it isn't carried by AT&T and subsidized with a commitment plan then I probably can't afford it (unlocked the thing is going for at least $600).
HeK
Rotartsinimda

11-10-2011, 11:27 PM

(11-10-2011, 11:14 PM)Eightball link Wrote: [quote author=HeK link=topic=5240.msg230098#msg230098 date=1320968696]
[quote author=Eightball link=topic=5240.msg230082#msg230082 date=1320963394]

[/quote]

All right, Skyrocket it is then. And even if the Galaxy Nexus is out in 2 weeks, if it isn't carried by AT&T and subsidized with a commitment plan then I probably can't afford it (unlocked the thing is going for at least $600).
[/quote]

I estimate $750-800
Sad
Eightball
Booze Makes Me Gay

11-11-2011, 04:24 PM

Doin' some research, Galaxy Nexus won't be out for AT&T anytime quite soon, and the idea of an LTE-capable Galaxy Nexus are so distant that I probably can't wait Sad Phone crashed for the 999th time today (probably not an exaggeration, actually), and it's time for its morphine shot. I'll let you guys know what I think of the Skyrocket this weekend.
Evil Cheese
Sad Keeanu

11-12-2011, 05:36 PM

Cool. If you think the Skyrocket turns out well, I might go for that as well.
backfire
Uninstalling

11-17-2011, 01:42 PM

Anyone know a good app that keeps tabs on what programs are using data? I'm wondering if it's normal for my battery drain to be this high compared to when I have 3G off.

KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

11-17-2011, 02:22 PM

(11-17-2011, 01:42 PM)backfire link Wrote: Anyone know a good app that keeps tabs on what programs are using data? I'm wondering if it's normal for my battery drain to be this high compared to when I have 3G off.
Advanced Task Manager?
Mission Difficult
BRB, Posting

11-17-2011, 04:27 PM

(11-17-2011, 01:42 PM)backfire link Wrote: Anyone know a good app that keeps tabs on what programs are using data? I'm wondering if it's normal for my battery drain to be this high compared to when I have 3G off.

I remember using something called Traffic I think. Does just that.