Hello There, Guest! Register

Android Phones
backfire
Uninstalling

11-18-2011, 01:42 PM

(11-17-2011, 04:27 PM)Mission Difficult link Wrote: [quote author=backfire link=topic=5240.msg230732#msg230732 date=1321555333]
Anyone know a good app that keeps tabs on what programs are using data? I'm wondering if it's normal for my battery drain to be this high compared to when I have 3G off.

I remember using something called Traffic I think. Does just that.
[/quote]

Oh nice. Yeah this is exactly what I'm lookin for. Thanks.

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
2.4mb sig ノ(ಠ‿‿ಠノ)            (╯ಠ‿‿ಠ)╯︵bıs qɯ4˙2
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

11-23-2011, 04:17 PM

Picked up the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Mega Super Duper in Need of a Nickname today
god damn this thing is huge, barely fits in my hand. Not like I'm not used to that or anything though.

thing runs smooth as fuck. development is a little slow right now but that's alright. i don't like TouchWiz but it's really only the lockscreen that bugs me. doesn't allow me to modify my notification toggle buttons. Hopefully there will be a real AOSP, MIUI, or CM release for it soon. for now i'm using Calkulin's E4GT. I do like ?Samusung's? calendar app. Pretty sure it's samsungs app. It could just be a new version of the android calendar too though.
the display is gorgeous, although i can barely reach the notification bar with my thumb. the dialer is fucking great. again, not sure if it's samsung or a new version of androids dialer. scrolling to contacts far down on my list is not so glitchy, i just have to press the letter on the right side and it will skip there.

also for some reason i'm getting "4G" ( i know it's not really 4g, but sprint wimax) our city isn't supposed to have it at all. but it seems to be working, and damn it's fast with like only 5 other people in my city that have cell phones.

gonna be a bit to get used to having the power button where it is now and not where it was on my hero, but i like the phone. It's nice not having to wait 5 seconds for google voice to open, and not having to wait a few seconds for keyboard input to display.

oh and the charging unit that samsung packaged with the phone is fucking awesome.

1080p video is awesome too, not that i ever take videos or pictures.

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2011, 05:03 PM by zaneyard.)
Cloud_9ine
Lurker

11-26-2011, 02:04 PM

Anybody else running other nonstock Roms because they get pissed that their carrier is a lazy bum by not updating? (I'm looking at you Samsung and HTC)

Sent from my DroidInc running MIUI
zaneyard

11-26-2011, 02:25 PM

(11-26-2011, 02:04 PM)Cloud_9ine link Wrote: Anybody else running other nonstock Roms because it's better than the manufacturers software?

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
Cloud_9ine
Lurker

11-26-2011, 07:13 PM

(11-26-2011, 02:25 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: [quote author=Cloud_9ine link=topic=5240.msg231534#msg231534 date=1322334281]
Anybody else running other nonstock Roms because it's better than the manufacturers software?
[/quote]
I do my part to defragment the platform. Do you?

zaneyard

11-26-2011, 07:27 PM

(11-26-2011, 07:13 PM)Cloud_9ine link Wrote: [quote author=zaneyard link=topic=5240.msg231540#msg231540 date=1322335509]
[quote author=Cloud_9ine link=topic=5240.msg231534#msg231534 date=1322334281]
Anybody else running other nonstock Roms because it's better than the manufacturers software?
[/quote]
I do my part to defragment the platform. Do you?

[/quote]
i don't know what you're talking about. I have to take a shit.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
backfire
Uninstalling

11-28-2011, 05:42 AM

So I found this free lil thing called AirDroid. Basically gives you remote desktop access to your phone from your computer via wifi. You connect to it through your browser and gives you a very nice interface with the ability to browse files, sends texts, install programs and whatnot. Very nice looking app for being free and all.

[table][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]
2.4mb sig ノ(ಠ‿‿ಠノ)            (╯ಠ‿‿ಠ)╯︵bıs qɯ4˙2
Evil Cheese
Sad Keeanu

12-02-2011, 10:37 PM

I decided to go with the Galaxy S II Skyrocket as well. DC is one of the cities that got AT&T LTE so I don't see a reason why I wouldn't buy this over the standard GSII besides the $50 price difference and somewhat worse battery life. Supposedly the Skyrocket will get the ICS upgrade before the standard GSII on AT&T as well.
Eightball
Booze Makes Me Gay

12-05-2011, 02:52 PM

(12-02-2011, 10:37 PM)Evil Cheese link Wrote: I decided to go with the Galaxy S II Skyrocket as well. DC is one of the cities that got AT&T LTE so I don't see a reason why I wouldn't buy this over the standard GSII besides the $50 price difference and somewhat worse battery life. Supposedly the Skyrocket will get the ICS upgrade before the standard GSII on AT&T as well.

I haven't had a chance to play around with mine too much yet, but the battery life lasts the entire day, though not much more. The brightness on this thing is intense! I keep the display quite dim most of the time and to conserve battery. Installed LauncherPro and some custom icons & widgets and I'm enjoying the customizability I never had on the iPhone (short of cracking it)
TOH
BRB, Posting

12-07-2011, 12:51 PM

For those who haven't seen it, the Android Market is putting 10 apps on sale every day for 10 cents for the next 10 days to celebrate 10 billion app downloads (that's a lot of 10s).

If you go in the market, there's a banner up top that links to the day's ten apps. Today's the second day, but you can find yesterday's here (the prices are still 10 cents even if there's no landing page for them anymore, not sure how long this will last): http://www.androidcentral.com/slew-popul...oid-market

Day 2 is here: https://market.android.com/details?id=ap...U0NjIiXQ..

Lots of good stuff in there. Minecraft, SwiftKey X, Soundhound, Beautiful Widgets, to name a few. Check it out and check every day, there's some quality stuff for cheap. Some of these have been offered for free on the Amazon AppStore's free daily app promotion, but Amazon's not that good with app updates, so if you want an Android Market license, this is a great time to get them, even if you got them through Amazon.

KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

12-10-2011, 06:56 AM

Holy hell it's almost 5 am oh god

what's with verizion they put out the gingerbread update and it doesn't work on my incrdible. I've downloaded it a doezen times now and it never installs. I 've tried all the solutions and nothing works NOTHING WORKS

I've tried:
Clearing my cache
Backing up data, then going back to factory settings
checking with the google server
manually updating it with an ota

But5 so far nothing ahs worked. It downloads and verifies, counts down to reboot, and never does anything?
HeK
Rotartsinimda

12-10-2011, 10:21 AM

(12-10-2011, 06:56 AM)Karth link Wrote: Holy hell it's almost 5 am oh god

what's with verizion they put out the gingerbread update and it doesn't work on my incrdible. I've downloaded it a doezen times now and it never installs. I 've tried all the solutions and nothing works NOTHING WORKS

I've tried:
Clearing my cache
Backing up data, then going back to factory settings
checking with the google server
manually updating it with an ota

But5 so far nothing ahs worked. It downloads and verifies, counts down to reboot, and never does anything?

Or http://www.cyanogenmod.com/devices/htc-incredible
zaneyard

12-10-2011, 03:40 PM

yeah i would go ahead and root your phone.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
KarthXLR

12-10-2011, 07:22 PM

(12-10-2011, 03:40 PM)zaneyard link Wrote: yeah i would go ahead and root your phone.
Yeah, that's what I'm planning. I'll be sure to perform a plethora of backups so I don't brick it.
zaneyard

12-10-2011, 07:24 PM

(12-10-2011, 07:22 PM)Karth link Wrote: [quote author=zaneyard link=topic=5240.msg232687#msg232687 date=1323549625]
yeah i would go ahead and root your phone.
Yeah, that's what I'm planning. I'll be sure to perform a plethora of backups so I don't brick it.
[/quote]
it's pretty much impossible at this point to hard brick your phone while rooting.
just don't pull out the battery when you're writing data and it will be fine.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
KarthXLR

12-10-2011, 09:16 PM

Seems that gingerbread is running just fine. I miss some of the HTC software that came with the phone though.
Evil Cheese
Sad Keeanu

12-11-2011, 10:54 PM

(12-07-2011, 12:51 PM)TOH link Wrote: For those who haven't seen it, the Android Market is putting 10 apps on sale every day for 10 cents for the next 10 days to celebrate 10 billion app downloads (that's a lot of 10s).

If you go in the market, there's a banner up top that links to the day's ten apps. Today's the second day, but you can find yesterday's here (the prices are still 10 cents even if there's no landing page for them anymore, not sure how long this will last): http://www.androidcentral.com/slew-popul...oid-market

Day 2 is here: https://market.android.com/details?id=ap...U0NjIiXQ..

Lots of good stuff in there. Minecraft, SwiftKey X, Soundhound, Beautiful Widgets, to name a few. Check it out and check every day, there's some quality stuff for cheap. Some of these have been offered for free on the Amazon AppStore's free daily app promotion, but Amazon's not that good with app updates, so if you want an Android Market license, this is a great time to get them, even if you got them through Amazon.

I've been stocking up on some of the games they've been offering. Apparatus (think The Incredible Machine), Fruit Ninja, SimCity 4 Delux (SimCity in my pocket!), Game Dev Story (super addicting), Great Little War Game (think Advanced Wars), and Spirit just to name a few.
KarthXLR

12-11-2011, 11:12 PM

I'll be honest, I think I liked 2.2 better. A lot of the HTC software was not worth giving up.
zaneyard

12-11-2011, 11:23 PM

what are you talking about
i don't remember any htc software that was good at all

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
HeK
Rotartsinimda

12-12-2011, 12:27 AM

After much fighting, I now have a Galaxy Nexus in the mail.... somewhere.

Unlocked and only $650. Suck on that, Expansys!