Hello There, Guest! Register

BRBU' Unofficial 3DS Thread
ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

10-15-2013, 01:30 PM

Mine:

5043-2496-5157

Let me show you my pokemans!

Signature temporarily out of order until I get off my lazy ass to fix it.
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

11-13-2013, 07:14 PM

So Nintendo is finally bringing unified accounts and the Miiverse to the 3DS and Wii U.

Update should hit sometime next month.
TOH
BRB, Posting

11-20-2013, 10:09 AM

If you haven't gotten the new Phoenix Wright game yet, you're doing it wrong. Please fix.

FlyingMongoose
Uninstalling

11-20-2013, 10:22 AM

That new Zelda game looks nifty

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

[Image: b_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111.png]
KarthXLR

11-20-2013, 03:04 PM

(11-20-2013, 10:09 AM)TOH link Wrote: If you haven't gotten the new Phoenix Wright game yet, you're doing it wrong. Please fix.
I can confirm new Phoenix Wright is great, way better than Investigations.

(11-20-2013, 10:22 AM)FlyingMongoose link Wrote: That new Zelda game looks nifty

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
I really want to try it out, but I've already been burnt on three mediocre Zelda games in a row (Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Skyward Sword). Maybe I'll ask for it for christmas or something.
Squishy3
Closet Furry

11-20-2013, 10:24 PM

skyward sword is the only true mediocre one of that bunch, and that's mainly because the same annoying boss fight is repeated 3 times that takes at least an hour each time to beat, spirit tracks and phantom hourglass just suck

please don't tell me the handholding is too much or that the dungeons and bosses aren't good, or that the motion controls don't work. (i beat tadtones first try) the handholding is only too much for people who have been playing the series for over 10 years and we know everything a zelda game expects of us. you want overly excessive handholding, go play mario and luigi dream team where it spends 10-15 minutes explaining each new mechanic that is extremely simple in execution and requires next to no hand-eye coordination and expertise to perform (and there are a shit ton of new mechanics)

also when i can watch a video of a GAME JOURNALIST (you know, someone whose job it is to play games for a living and review them) playing wind waker hd at e3, and failing the sword tutorial repeatedly, DESPITE IT TELLING YOU WHAT TO DO EACH TIME YOU FAIL, imagine what the people who play videogames casually must feel like when playing something like a zelda game

K2
BRB, Posting

11-22-2013, 11:14 AM

(11-20-2013, 10:24 PM)Squishy link Wrote: skyward sword is the only true mediocre one of that bunch, and that's mainly because the same annoying boss fight is repeated 3 times that takes at least an hour each time to beat, spirit tracks and phantom hourglass just suck

please don't tell me the handholding is too much or that the dungeons and bosses aren't good, or that the motion controls don't work. (i beat tadtones first try) the handholding is only too much for people who have been playing the series for over 10 years and we know everything a zelda game expects of us. you want overly excessive handholding, go play mario and luigi dream team where it spends 10-15 minutes explaining each new mechanic that is extremely simple in execution and requires next to no hand-eye coordination and expertise to perform (and there are a shit ton of new mechanics)

also when i can watch a video of a GAME JOURNALIST (you know, someone whose job it is to play games for a living and review them) playing wind waker hd at e3, and failing the sword tutorial repeatedly, DESPITE IT TELLING YOU WHAT TO DO EACH TIME YOU FAIL, imagine what the people who play videogames casually must feel like when playing something like a zelda game

The problem isn't that there is handholding; The problem is that there is no way to disable/skip it. I would be much more willing to go back and finish Zelda games if they just added an "I'm not a retarded 7-year-old" option that lets you skip tutorials, cinematics, and dialog boxes. Having to constantly and repeatedly sit there for fifteen seconds of Link jizzing his pants over finding 20 Rupees gets really tedious really fast.
cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

11-22-2013, 03:34 PM

(11-22-2013, 11:14 AM)K2 link Wrote: [quote author=Squishy link=topic=5373.msg273744#msg273744 date=1385004249]
skyward sword is the only true mediocre one of that bunch, and that's mainly because the same annoying boss fight is repeated 3 times that takes at least an hour each time to beat, spirit tracks and phantom hourglass just suck

The problem isn't that there is handholding; The problem is that there is no way to disable/skip it. I would be much more willing to go back and finish Zelda games if they just added an "I'm not a retarded 7-year-old" option that lets you skip tutorials, cinematics, and dialog boxes. Having to constantly and repeatedly sit there for fifteen seconds of Link jizzing his pants over finding 20 Rupees gets really tedious really fast.

[/quote]

Pretty sure this is the reason I have yet to play through SS. I'm fairly convinced the last great Zelda was Minish Cap...and that is almost 10 years old now.

KarthXLR

11-23-2013, 09:37 AM

(11-20-2013, 10:24 PM)Squishy link Wrote: skyward sword is the only true mediocre one of that bunch, and that's mainly because the same annoying boss fight is repeated 3 times that takes at least an hour each time to beat, spirit tracks and phantom hourglass just suck

Honestly, handholding is not the only problem with the Skyward Sword. The motion controls worked fine, but at the cost of severly limiting the combat into a game of simon says. Not only that, I guarantee you that SS has the least enemy variety out of all the Zelda games due to the difficulty of coming up with enemies that fit the limiting combat controls, in addition to being limited with items during combat. The dungeons were fine, though not very memorable. Bosses, on the other hand, were some of the least memorable in the whole franchise in my opinion, aside from Koloktos who was awesome.

Exploration has been absolutely demolished, as the levels are now linear pathways and not interconnected. Any incentive to explore new areas is removed by the overworld automatically tracking where the treasures are. There are no secret items, hardly any quests that aren't fetch quests, only 1 NPC village, and less content to check out than there was in Wind Waker's Ocean. To top it all off, you get the worst companion in Zelda history.

The video MatthewMatosis put out about Skyward Sword I agree with 100%.
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

12-08-2013, 09:38 AM

I liked skyward sword, repeated boss battle aside...

And if you don't have link between worlds...get it, its like brand new throwback Link to the Past, its the mobile zelda we've been waiting for since Minnish Cap. Most of the main items are available right from the start of the game with a rent/buy system and dungeon progression is largely free-form, Ive beaten two dark world dungeons thus far and did the "3rd" dungeon first.

Very free form and very little hand holding

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

12-08-2013, 06:54 PM

Yeah and most of the gear is optional which supports different playstyles. I beat it earlier this week.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
Squishy3
Closet Furry

12-08-2013, 07:19 PM

(12-08-2013, 06:54 PM)at0m link Wrote: Yeah and most of the gear is optional which supports different playstyles. I beat it earlier this week.

well, all the upgrades and extra stuff you find in dungeons are optional, all of the items in ravio's shop are necessary

KarthXLR

12-10-2013, 05:22 PM

Miiverse update is out. Update  that shit.
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

12-11-2013, 09:02 AM

(12-08-2013, 07:19 PM)Squishy link Wrote: [quote author=at0m link=topic=5373.msg274257#msg274257 date=1386546846]
Yeah and most of the gear is optional which supports different playstyles. I beat it earlier this week.

well, all the upgrades and extra stuff you find in dungeons are optional, all of the items in ravio's shop are necessary
[/quote]

Except the boomerang, Im on the last dungeon in the dark world and I still have not used it except for novelty purposes

Sig by Joel
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

12-23-2013, 07:11 PM

rune factory 4 is good

except for the lack of dual audio, which i kind of understand because it's a portable game, but there is really not that much voiceacting, so it goes both ways. the game is still good

(This post was last modified: 12-23-2013, 07:21 PM by Versus.)
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

12-27-2013, 04:12 PM

Beat pokemans Y, going to go back and play black and black 2 now.

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
Didzo
Uninstalling

12-27-2013, 07:42 PM

(12-27-2013, 04:12 PM)at0m link Wrote: Beat pokemans Y, going to go back and play black and black 2 now.

Playing Black 2 Black.

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

12-30-2013, 01:38 PM

0533-5646-2620

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

01-30-2014, 03:10 PM

Zelda 4 Swords is free on the eshop until 2/2

Sig by Joel
Reevesith
BRB, Posting

01-30-2014, 05:29 PM

(01-30-2014, 03:10 PM)Caffeine link Wrote: Zelda 4 Swords is free on the eshop until 2/2
again? Sweet, didn't have a 3ds first time they did that.

[move][Image: snailkittygoleft.gif][Image: snailSingoleft.gif][Image: snailAxirothgoleft.gif][Image: snailLuinbarielgoleft.gif][Image: snailpryogoleft.gif][Image: snailspennygoleft.gif][Image: snailMinzgoleft.gif][Image: snailRinnsgoleft.gif][Image: snailChuruyago.gif][Image: snailheavygo.gif][Image: snailRigorMortisgoleft.gif][Image: snailherejonnygoleft.gif][Image: koopeyebot50.gif][Image: cuddlescrawlleft.gif]
[/move]
[Image: lolsgcatgunhugger.gif]
Strangest comment I've read sofar
"do you stroke your rack when you lie awake in bed at night... dreaming of the oven that got away?"