Hello There, Guest! Register

Serious (and confusing) problem with VGA.
Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

03-27-2011, 06:48 PM

I've had this awesomely great video Card for while now, Nvidia 9800GT with no problems. MY pc used to have one like this one before and my PC is fully modded with coolant and enough fans to freeze a Smurf, so the other day i was playing Just Cause 2 and out of nowhere the game crashes, and suddently the video card stopped working. I could still se an image on screen and it still showed up on the Hardware list, but not on Display (not letting me chose resolutions besides the usuals)

So i reinstalled drivers, rebooted my PC and it showed up an even lower resolution (800x600). Uninstalled the drivers, reinstalled the latest drivers and without rebooting i tried its capabilities and it worket. I rebooted my PC and it changed back to 800x600. Thenn i installed the drivers on safe mode and after a reboot everything was the same.

Frustrated i installed WIn7 (had Vista), and the problem persisted, but this time, the CGA turned on when i turned the PC on, only when Windows started up it stopped working.

Any ideas?

Also, help, i'm kinda desperate, i really need my PC for college and not just for playing, i must try and run a lot of Adobe products and not having a Video Card isn't heklping a lot

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2011, 06:39 AM by Vongore.)
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

03-27-2011, 09:42 PM

Get speed-fan and post a heat readout, you can have it log times & temps and see how it changes over time...

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

03-29-2011, 12:12 PM

Can't while it recognizes the card it throws an error while trying :<