Hello There, Guest! Register

Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
Maxon
BRB, Posting

04-12-2011, 04:21 PM

http://www.destructoid.com/preview-dead-...8347.phtml

I'm actually rather surprised to see this.  Dead Rising 2 was great and while I wasn't one of those people begging to have Frank come back, it's kinda interesting to see how they are bringing him back in a major way.  Could care less to see the photo aspect come back, but to hear that it's not just replacing Chuck with Frank, but actually trying to improve the game itself has me rather interested in this.  A good way to get me back into the game since I don't own DR2 anymore, and it'll include a new area, new game modes, and new weapons.

[Image: gokubitchslapmod.gif]
Squishy3
Closet Furry

04-12-2011, 04:27 PM

It was originally just going to be a director's cut of the game, but they figured they'd re-release it with Frank as the main character since they have Frank in the DR2 engine already.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

04-12-2011, 04:32 PM

Sounds good to me.  It'll help make it more fresh I think, rather than just going through it again as Chuck with just some new stuff added to it.

Reevesith
BRB, Posting

04-13-2011, 01:43 AM

how was the west files? I only have dr2 on the ps3 & that was a 360 addon only >Sad

[move][Image: snailkittygoleft.gif][Image: snailSingoleft.gif][Image: snailAxirothgoleft.gif][Image: snailLuinbarielgoleft.gif][Image: snailpryogoleft.gif][Image: snailspennygoleft.gif][Image: snailMinzgoleft.gif][Image: snailRinnsgoleft.gif][Image: snailChuruyago.gif][Image: snailheavygo.gif][Image: snailRigorMortisgoleft.gif][Image: snailherejonnygoleft.gif][Image: koopeyebot50.gif][Image: cuddlescrawlleft.gif]
[/move]
[Image: lolsgcatgunhugger.gif]
Strangest comment I've read sofar
"do you stroke your rack when you lie awake in bed at night... dreaming of the oven that got away?"
Maxon
BRB, Posting

04-13-2011, 01:50 AM

Umm...Case West wasn't too bad. Felt like it had more impact than Case Zero, but was enjoyable.  If you liked playing Dead Rising 2, you'd probably like the extra files lol

Maxon
BRB, Posting

08-26-2011, 04:46 PM

Abit of a bump since this will be coming out in October.  The game just went up another knotch for me, cause it has finally added a no restriction game mode, simply called Sandbox Mode.  No timer, no days, just go nuts.  I've been wanting it since the first game came out.

http://www.destructoid.com/dead-rising-2...9944.phtml

Not only is it a singleplayer game mode, it works for co-op and there will be challenges to do and online leaderboards, though I don't care about that much lol

[Image: sandbox_frank6-620x.jpg]

Maxon
BRB, Posting

10-05-2011, 03:42 PM

Did anyone have the PC version of the original game? Considering just grabbing the PC version of this instead of the 360 one this time and was wondering if it was good to play or had any problems.

Squishy3
Closet Furry

10-05-2011, 08:19 PM

(10-05-2011, 03:42 PM)Maxon link Wrote: Did anyone have the PC version of the original game? Considering just grabbing the PC version of this instead of the 360 one this time and was wondering if it was good to play or had any problems.
As long as it's ported by Capcom in house it's amazing, but any PC ports before DMC4 and Lost Planet Colonies are pretty bad.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

10-05-2011, 09:16 PM

As far as I can tell, it's Capcom developed.  I might wait till it comes out to see if anyone has any say on it, but I might go about the PC version this time around unless I know someone getting the 360 version.

Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

10-05-2011, 11:56 PM

(10-05-2011, 08:19 PM)Squishy link Wrote: [quote author=Maxon link=topic=5569.msg225603#msg225603 date=1317847375]
Did anyone have the PC version of the original game? Considering just grabbing the PC version of this instead of the 360 one this time and was wondering if it was good to play or had any problems.
As long as it's ported by Capcom in house it's amazing, but any PC ports before DMC4 and Lost Planet Colonies are pretty bad.
[/quote]

I had no problems with the PC version other than a few crashes. 

Maxon
BRB, Posting

10-12-2011, 12:23 AM

Picked this up on PC and it's great.  Run's smooth aside from some occasional framerate issues, but my PC isn't really top of the line anymore and I don't get my new card till tomorrow.  Playing as Frank again is great, it's not just "Delete Chuck, Input Frank", the intro is different, he works himself into the story, plot points are altered abit such as instead of Chuck being framed for the disaster, it's Cure and Stacy that your trying to exonerate.

Plays well for PC too, such as much better load times, with the difference being twice as quick from what I remember on the 360.  Haven't tried the new weapons yet and I only ran through the new themepark area once.  Sandbox mode is great too.  You get to play it, go wherever you want, unlock challenges by killing zombies that give you money, level up, and then you can take that into story mode or the other way around, so you play both and you gain things in both.

I actually fought Chuck as a Psycho...He...He really fits that idea of Psycho lol Not sure if he shows up in the main story with any noticeable degree, this was only in Sandbox mode, where every character is now a psycho you fight for money.

While I'm not sure if I could recommend this if you already have DR2, as someone that played it on the 360 and traded it in, this seems like the best way to pick the game back up for sure.

Reevesith
BRB, Posting

10-12-2011, 03:11 AM

It boils down to it for me, can't afford the new one, got the last one for x-mas. I do admit it gives the "Delete Chuck, Input Frank" vibe to me, but "don't knock it till you try it" fits. I would of been happy if they brought over the west files to the ps3 so I could see frank in action, In the new one when muti-playering is everyone frank?  would be cool if by killing the Psycho, you'd unlock them as sandbox skins, heck fight the one your using & it'd be frank XD

[move][Image: snailkittygoleft.gif][Image: snailSingoleft.gif][Image: snailAxirothgoleft.gif][Image: snailLuinbarielgoleft.gif][Image: snailpryogoleft.gif][Image: snailspennygoleft.gif][Image: snailMinzgoleft.gif][Image: snailRinnsgoleft.gif][Image: snailChuruyago.gif][Image: snailheavygo.gif][Image: snailRigorMortisgoleft.gif][Image: snailherejonnygoleft.gif][Image: koopeyebot50.gif][Image: cuddlescrawlleft.gif]
[/move]
"do you stroke your rack when you lie awake in bed at night... dreaming of the oven that got away?"
Maxon
BRB, Posting

10-12-2011, 01:05 PM

(10-12-2011, 03:11 AM)Reevesith link Wrote: It boils down to it for me, can't afford the new one, got the last one for x-mas. I do admit it gives the "Delete Chuck, Input Frank" vibe to me, but "don't knock it till you try it" fits. I would of been happy if they brought over the west files to the ps3 so I could see frank in action, In the new one when muti-playering is everyone frank?  would be cool if by killing the Psycho, you'd unlock them as sandbox skins, HeK fight the one your using & it'd be frank XD

That would've been sweet for them to add for the game, unlocking characters to play as, but sadly, it's just Chuck your co-oping as, but at least it makes abit more sense now, instead of having two Chucks running around lol

Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

10-12-2011, 02:46 PM

I'm not gonna pay $40 for a game I already paid $50 for.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

10-12-2011, 03:41 PM

Yeah I could see it being hard for people to justify, when they already own DR2, even with DR2:OTR being the better game.  If you can get the game cheaper for like 20 bucks, it would definitely be worth it I think if you still like playing Dead Rising.  The sandbox mode and challenges is really going to extend things for me, cause those challenges are hard, meaning you have to get yourself leveled up and find specific weapons to combine to beat these challenges.

So far with challenges, I've seen ones for killing zombies, ones for raising the most PP you can, which is like killing, but you gotta be smart on what you use.  Then there was one for drinking as much booze as you can, which is tougher than you think lol And then another was a foot race from one point, to a high ledge, the kind where you find neat items. 

Also, I don't remember if this was in DR2, but you unlock costumes as you play.  You unlock some parts of the costume with challenges, but you have to find the rest.  Like killing a certain amount of psychos in sandbox unlocks the psycho outfit. I found a psycho mask in that crazy pig masked chainsaw psychos love nest on the strip.  I just remember there are some psycho boots somewhere I picked up in the main game, I just don't remember where I found it.  There's also a sports outfit, a ninja outfit, and I unlocked the outfit that whats his face, the mall worker in the first game wears from visiting maintenance rooms.  Now that I think about it, weren't some of those costumes pre-order bonuses from DR2? So finding all of these things will take a good bit of time.

Reevesith
BRB, Posting

10-12-2011, 06:46 PM

only thing with costumes that you Keep was either from their TIR online game & the Arther suit of armor, the other stuff was just put on & wear.

[/move]
Maxon
BRB, Posting

10-12-2011, 09:31 PM

There were pre-order outfits you could get or just download later on, but for Off the Record, they put them into the game to find and unlock.  I already have the Ninja Outfit, Sports Fan outfit, just need one more piece for the Psycopath outfit, then there's the Soldier outfit which takes abit of work and a a shit ton of money, and then there's the Protoman outfit, which requires and S rated ending to the game I believe and something else for the blaster.

Maxon
BRB, Posting

10-17-2011, 05:44 PM

They pulled a twist at the ending I wasn't expecting, which made the ending much more exciting and awesome.  Definitely the best version of the game.