Hello There, Guest! Register

My official introduction
Grimthwacker
Lurker

05-24-2011, 06:52 PM

Since I've been kicking around the community for a while now in Tufftooville, I figured I'd make my proper introduction.  My name's Steve, currently 31 years old, originally from Rockland County, NY but as of two years ago a resident of Fort Myers, FL.  I have an Associate's in Liberal Arts from the local community college where I also worked for a few years, a Bachelor's in English from UNC Chapel Hill, and a Master's in Library Science from Long Island University's branch at Purchase College in Westchester (where I also worked for a while).

Unfortunately I've become a classic casualty of the current economy - all attempts to find some work have been either fruitless or I wound up being passed over for more experienced people.  So inbetween scouting for job openings and volunteering at the city's public library three days a week - partly to keep my skills sharp and add to my skill set, partly in hopes that it'll help find some work within the county library system - I often spend my time either playing whatever console games I'm focusing on at the moment or exploring the wide and wonderful world of Doom WADs and mods (I do so love that old game).  I started playing TF2 around the time of the WAR! Update, frequenting the Penny Arcade Forums' TF2 servers, and found the BRB, U servers while looking for other places to play.  So far I've really been enjoying the community and all the folks herein.

There's not much to say about me personally other than what the people who've already played with me don't know already:  I'm usually the quiet but quippy type, pretty level-headed and far from a rager, so you don't have to worry about me yelling most of the time.  My favorite gaming genres are usually action or adventure-based, but I also enjoy single-player RPGs a lot (stemming from my love of Final Fantasy IV all the way back from when it was released on the SNES and I was around 11 years old, hence my many Rydia sprays  ;D).

So yeah, nice to officially meet you, BRB, U Forums!

EDIT:  For anybody wondering where I got my handle from, I direct you to this:
The Horde Intro Scene

[Image: rydiabathsigbig.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2011, 06:57 PM by Grimthwacker.)
Vandamguy

05-24-2011, 09:47 PM

intropass.jpg

nice to meetcha steve.

ff6 was my bread n butta

surfs wife is a librarian too maybe she knows a person that knows a person.
michele

05-27-2011, 12:46 AM

Hello  Smile,myself michele from Chicago,I am newbie here .I love to make friends & chat with
them. Big Grin
[SiN] Merc
BRB, Posting

05-27-2011, 12:56 AM

(05-27-2011, 12:46 AM)michele link Wrote: Hello  Smile,myself michele from Chicago,I am newbie here .I love to make friends & chat with
them. Big Grin

[Image: 1306384601235.jpg]

HULKMANIA'S RUNNIN' WILD, BROTHER!
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

05-27-2011, 05:54 AM

First time spam bots gotten through in a long while....or at least that Ive seen, also nice to see you finally make an intro post  :p

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Grimthwacker
Lurker

05-27-2011, 07:02 AM

Well, it's good to see this topic actually provide something useful.  :p  Thanks, Caff.

[Image: rydiabathsigbig.jpg]
HeK
Rotartsinimda

05-27-2011, 02:06 PM

(05-27-2011, 05:54 AM)Caffeine link Wrote: First time spam bots gotten through in a long while....or at least that Ive seen, also nice to see you finally make an intro post  :p

That wasn't a real person? Damn.