Hello There, Guest! Register

question for _________
matter11
BRB, Posting

08-11-2011, 04:21 PM

A thread for asking. You could ask a specific member about an area (crow or vongore), you could ask a philosoraptor question, or just ask for general advice.

this first question I feel like a retard for asking but dammit I wanna know.

question for canadians,
is canadian bacon more prevalent than strip bacon in canada? do you guys even call it canadian bacon or something else?

[Image: SKihE.gif]
If-I-Die-Its-Lag
I Play Gaia Online

08-11-2011, 05:46 PM

You can ask general help topics, but be prepared for the train to get derailed.
If-I-Die-Its-Lag
I Play Gaia Online

08-11-2011, 05:51 PM

(08-11-2011, 05:46 PM)If-I-Die-Its-LAG! link Wrote: You can ask general help topics, but be prepared for the train to get derailed.

Edit: Also, I would suggest PMing the person you want to ask.
matter11
BRB, Posting

08-11-2011, 05:55 PM

(08-11-2011, 05:51 PM)If-I-Die-Its-LAG! link Wrote: [quote author=If-I-Die-Its-LAG! link=topic=5854.msg218623#msg218623 date=1313102805]
You can ask general help topics, but be prepared for the train to get derailed.

Edit: Also, I would suggest PMing the person you want to ask.
[/quote]

That seemed awkward to me for spur of the moment questions. Also it's somewhat made to be a derail thread.

EarthlingJohn
BRB, Posting

08-11-2011, 06:14 PM

If you could move out of the United states, would you? Where to?

+If you can read this, you aren't checking your back+
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2011, 06:19 PM by EarthlingJohn.)
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

08-11-2011, 06:17 PM

(08-11-2011, 06:14 PM)EarthlingJohn link Wrote: If you could move out of the United states, would you?

Yes, also I think canadian bacon is like french fries.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Eightball
Booze Makes Me Gay

08-11-2011, 06:29 PM

(08-11-2011, 06:14 PM)EarthlingJohn link Wrote: If you could move out of the United states, would you? Where to?

Yes, but it'd most likely have to be an english speaking country where my (future) medical license would still mean something. So basically, Canada.

What do you really think happens when you die?

To answer my own question, [spoiler]I don't think anything happens after you die. I think your consciousness disappears and the universe continues in your absence, much like a dreamless sleep. It's kind of bleak but it's logical.[/spoiler]
matter11
BRB, Posting

08-11-2011, 06:43 PM

(08-11-2011, 06:29 PM)Eightball link Wrote: [quote author=EarthlingJohn link=topic=5854.msg218630#msg218630 date=1313104456]
If you could move out of the United states, would you? Where to?

Yes, but it'd most likely have to be an english speaking country where my (future) medical license would still mean something. So basically, Canada.

What do you really think happens when you die?

To answer my own question, [spoiler]I don't think anything happens after you die. I think your consciousness disappears and the universe continues in your absence, much like a dreamless sleep. It's kind of bleak but it's logical.[/spoiler]
[/quote]

If I desired to move out of the US I'd also want it to be english speaking. Australia takes priority.

Chief
BRB, Posting

08-11-2011, 06:52 PM

(08-11-2011, 04:21 PM)matter11 link Wrote: question for canadians,
is canadian bacon more prevalent than strip bacon in canada? do you guys even call it canadian bacon or something else?
most of the time for local pizza shops they'll do canadian bacon. large corporate pizza places will do bits of bacon and stuff
(08-11-2011, 06:14 PM)EarthlingJohn link Wrote: If you could move out of the United states, would you? Where to?
im so pro i've moved out of the states before i was even in it
(08-11-2011, 06:29 PM)Eightball link Wrote: What do you really think happens when you die?
i hope and pray for an afterlife through my beliefs in my religion. to me it only makes sense, i dont think anything truly disappears

k0ala
BRB, Posting

08-11-2011, 07:10 PM

According to the MacKenzie Brothers I have on cassette, it's called "Back Bacon" up there.

[Image: i9pkpXG.jpg]
Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

08-11-2011, 07:40 PM

(08-11-2011, 06:29 PM)Eightball link Wrote: What do you really think happens when you die?

I have some silly beliefs on this subject.

I believe in the presence of a soul, but not in a creator of any sort. I tend to believe that souls were sort of happy accidents along the idea of the big bang; the right materials happened to be present during the perfect conditions, and then bang, souls. So, when we die, some part of us may carry on and go do something else.

I don't think anything really governs what it is that we do between lives, so we just... do what we want. Visit old friends, watch over friends currently living lives wherever, rest, think about what we may have learned or what we wish we did differently, etc. Or we could just do nothing or, if we wanted to, choose to cease to exist or to end ourselves somehow.

It's probably really a strange belief but over time I guess I just kind of started to lean towards it. I'm pretty aware that I am most likely/could easily be wrong, but I'm not too worried about it. I don't believe there's a purpose to lives in bodies or our continuance as souls other than what we make for ourselves.

Hmm, a question...    What do you think is the most important quality in your partner/ideal partner?
Kor
Crits = Skill

08-11-2011, 08:09 PM

(08-11-2011, 07:40 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: Hmm, a question...    What do you think is the most important quality in your partner/ideal partner?

HeK:

[Image: m_its_a_trap.jpg]

[Image: sig.jpg]

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -Albert Einstein
zaneyard
Made with Whole Gainz (tm)

08-11-2011, 08:16 PM

(08-11-2011, 07:40 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: Hmm, a question...    What do you think is the most important quality in your partner/ideal partner?
my penis

(04-09-2013, 11:24 PM)Dr. Zaius link Wrote:well i'm not really understanding how it's faster internet. and like google just magically rolls outs this stuff and it's 100 times faster than my internet? why? that doesn't set off any alarms to anyone?

(11-07-2012, 11:15 PM)at0m link Wrote:I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE OVERINDULGED ON RUM AND COKES AT OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE

THE BARTENDER WAS BRAGGING ABOUT BEING A LEFTY. I SAID I WAS A RIGHTY, BUT THAT I COULD UNDO A BRA WITH JUST MY LEFT HAND. ASKED HER IF THAT COUNTED AS BEING AMBIDEXTROUS. SHE SAID 'NOT REALLY'. tHEN HANDED ME ANOTHER DRINK.

I COUN THAT AS A WIN

CUBA LIBRE
[SiN] Merc
BRB, Posting

08-11-2011, 08:36 PM

[Image: buddy_jesus.jpg]

He's just alright with me.

To: Anyone (aka: Open Mic question)

What is the most delicious pork based product, disregarding bacon?

HULKMANIA'S RUNNIN' WILD, BROTHER!
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

08-11-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote: Merc link=topic=5854.msg218659#msg218659 date=1313112989]

Porkchops probably. Ham is good too, but it can be done poorly.
Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

08-11-2011, 08:50 PM

What I hope happens: Reincarnation (Your memories get piggy-banked between lives so you can come back to a nice gallery of experiences)

What I think happens: Since there's been evidence that points to brain cells staying alive for a few days after death, I'm thinking maybe your mind has a sort of 'shut-down' sequence that happens and it distorts the perception of time and pretty much everything. Your conscience/mind goes into a dream-like state, not for eternity, but it would feel like it. Maybe get stuck in a perfect moment.

What probably happens: Dying moment, fade to black, end.

My question to brbu: Do you think our modern society is fabricated to keep us from realizing some sort of mechanic or function we are serving? [/conspiracies]

Alternatively: Are we alone in this universe as far as sentient life?

'Meditation is supposedly the only way to Enlightenment because the only way to find this truth is through inner reflection - therefore, what you are finding to be the truth in your personal journey should ultimately be exactly what I find to be the truth, though all of our journeys are unique.'
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2011, 08:53 PM by Dr. Zaius.)
Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

08-11-2011, 09:02 PM

(08-11-2011, 08:38 PM)Karth link Wrote: [quote author=[SiN] Merc link=topic=5854.msg218659#msg218659 date=1313112989]

Porkchops probably. Ham is good too, but it can be done poorly.
[/quote]

Sausages.

Why do we execute people to teach them that murder is wrong?

Eightball
Booze Makes Me Gay

08-11-2011, 09:09 PM

Check out "kongba" or "hong shao rou"; they're very similar:
[Image: kong+ba.jpg]

It's basically pork belly cooked simply in soy sauce and cooking wine with the skin still attached. Fatty as hell but be damned if there's anything better.

Quote:Hmm, a question...    What do you think is the most important quality in your partner/ideal partner?
It's hard to say because there's a million things that can be show-stoppers but I have to go with mutual respect. It's great and all if your love your SO more than the entire world but if you don't treat him or her with trust and respect then your relationship won't be very stable. If your love has true resolve than you can trust them unconditionally and overcome any doubts you have about them. I'm realizing this is not making a lotta sense so I'm going to stop typing right about n

Quote:My question to brbu: Do you think our modern society is fabricated to keep us from realizing some sort of mechanic or function we are serving? [/conspiracies]
I think our society is built from the whims and desires of individuals who have their own mechanics and functions that they follow in their own right, however pointless they can sometimes be. I don't think that our society has been constructed and orchestrated in such a way as to keep us docile and stupid by some shadow council, but that we are more subjects to our own...lethargy.

And I would be willing to be that alien life exists somewhere in the universe. Just not that it has or will ever reach us.

Quote:Why do we execute people to teach them that murder is wrong?
Kind of a tough one, but it's also a misdirected question. I don't think our motives for capital punishment are "education", but would logically be the elimination of something beyond salvation. Do I support it? I would if our justice system were infallible and sentences passed down could never be wrong.

You guys are posting questions too fast!
Eightball
Booze Makes Me Gay

08-11-2011, 09:15 PM

Double post since the previous one is already too massive for an addendum; for the life on other planets thing check out Carl Sagan on the Drake Equation, which is supposed to estimate the number of civilizations in our galaxy.

Carl Sagan on Drake Equation

I think he's a bit too optimistic with some of his estimates but you really need to think about how mind-bogglingly large our galaxy is. Also keep in mind that we've basically proven that a lot of organic matter can be made from things like methane and ammonia. The theory is called abiogenesis, and although we will probably never have a way to definitely prove it, the reasoning is quite sound--sound enough that a lot of scientists believe that abiogenesis is an inevitability given proper conditions and enough time.

Oh, and keep in mind his calculations only consider our galaxy. Think about how many of those there are in the universe.
Chief
BRB, Posting

08-11-2011, 09:24 PM

fuck that's a toughie... umm... ham i guess. mostly because someone i know roasts a pig every year and we just eat that, so ham or pig, take your pick

Quote:Hmm, a question...    What do you think is the most important quality in your partner/ideal partner?
trust. i'd hate to be constantly monitored or thought of in a negative aspect, especially for whoever my partner will be. i trust my friends to a great extent, i believe that i would trust my partner even further

Quote:My question to brbu: Do you think our modern society is fabricated to keep us from realizing some sort of mechanic or function we are serving? [/conspiracies]
I think that there is some sort of organization that a large part of the world does not know about, but to hide some sort of function we are serving? No, our function is primarily to reproduce and survive, probably, society doesn't need to cover for that.

Also, the universe is so fucking huge so I highly doubt that humanity is the only sentient beings. Whether that means there's only one more or a hundred more, I do not know. But we cannot be the only ones.

Quote:Why do we execute people to teach them that murder is wrong?
why do we keep giving fatty foods to people even though we keep on saying its wrong?