Hello There, Guest! Register

Xenoblade
shoopfox
BRB, Posting

08-20-2011, 04:27 PM

Anyone playing this yet? It's almost a slap in the face that NoA won't bring this over here when it's localized already. Though I'm glad NoE got to do the localization just so I don't have a main character with an out of place American accent (I'm looking at you Vaan).

It's really, really pretty for a wii game. It's got huge draw distances, and no loading between towns and fields so far-- they're all one map ;3 It plays a lot like a simplified/faster FFXII, and there's a lot of sidequest stuff so far. The music is pretty nice (Yoko Shimomura and Mitsuda did the soundtrack) though I haven't gotten far enough to hear most of it yet.
Squishy3
Closet Furry

08-20-2011, 06:01 PM

I have it, but haven't gotten to play it yet. Trying to work through some of my Steam backlog.

Coppanuva
Coob enforcement officer 1st class

08-24-2011, 11:13 AM

Playing it as I'm typing this, it's amazing. All the battle system stuff just... makes sense. Easy to read and it does a good job of slowly easing things to you at the start.
shoopfox
BRB, Posting

08-24-2011, 05:13 PM

Yeah the only thing I wish it had was some FFXII gambits 'cause once in a while your teammates will be a little finicky and not do what they should (especially Shulk if you don't control him)
Evil Cheese
Sad Keeanu

04-06-2012, 09:35 AM

Anybody else picking this up today? Based on some of the reviews I've read I'm hyped. Looks like one of the best JRPGs to come out in a long time.