Hello There, Guest! Register

Pony Thread
AMCZombine
Lurker

09-24-2011, 01:08 PM

(09-24-2011, 07:29 AM)AMCZombine link Wrote: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hax-mega-s...-countdown

Soon people!

Man that was awesome.
The Generic Name
BRB, Posting

09-24-2011, 02:51 PM

Best episode so far?

Imo- Season2 Episodes 1 and 2 Tongue

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]
3DS Friend Code: 4098-3295-0639
matter11
BRB, Posting

09-24-2011, 03:02 PM

(09-24-2011, 02:51 PM)The Generic Name link Wrote: Best episode so far?

pinkie sense was a great episode.

[Image: SKihE.gif]
Reevesith
BRB, Posting

09-24-2011, 03:20 PM

(09-24-2011, 03:02 PM)matter11 link Wrote: [quote author=The Generic Name link=topic=5966.msg224021#msg224021 date=1316893888]
Best episode so far?

[/quote]
[Image: Ipootedpinkie.png]

[move][Image: snailkittygoleft.gif][Image: snailSingoleft.gif][Image: snailAxirothgoleft.gif][Image: snailLuinbarielgoleft.gif][Image: snailpryogoleft.gif][Image: snailspennygoleft.gif][Image: snailMinzgoleft.gif][Image: snailRinnsgoleft.gif][Image: snailChuruyago.gif][Image: snailheavygo.gif][Image: snailRigorMortisgoleft.gif][Image: snailherejonnygoleft.gif][Image: koopeyebot50.gif][Image: cuddlescrawlleft.gif]
[/move]
[Image: lolsgcatgunhugger.gif]
Strangest comment I've read sofar
"do you stroke your rack when you lie awake in bed at night... dreaming of the oven that got away?"
If-I-Die-Its-Lag
I Play Gaia Online

09-24-2011, 03:21 PM

At least this isn't as bad as Japan.

MLP is American made.
matter11
BRB, Posting

09-24-2011, 03:25 PM

(09-24-2011, 03:20 PM)Reevesith link Wrote: [quote author=matter11 link=topic=5966.msg224023#msg224023 date=1316894553]
[quote author=The Generic Name link=topic=5966.msg224021#msg224021 date=1316893888]
Best episode so far?

[/quote]
pinkie cat
[/quote]

reevecat "twitchy tail" gif?

also are you ready to join the herd despite death threats reeve?

Luinbariel
Snailcat ..@:3

09-24-2011, 03:27 PM

Uh TMNT and Ghostbusters ruled.
Reevesith
BRB, Posting

09-24-2011, 03:39 PM

(09-24-2011, 03:27 PM)Luinbariel link Wrote: Uh TMNT and Ghostbusters ruled.
[Image: pantyghostbusterpack.gif]
true & no but I do like the show & the style of it & enjoy drawing him lil outfits XD like a shy guy temp.

[move][Image: snailkittygoleft.gif][Image: snailSingoleft.gif][Image: snailAxirothgoleft.gif][Image: snailLuinbarielgoleft.gif][Image: snailpryogoleft.gif][Image: snailspennygoleft.gif][Image: snailMinzgoleft.gif][Image: snailRinnsgoleft.gif][Image: snailChuruyago.gif][Image: snailheavygo.gif][Image: snailRigorMortisgoleft.gif][Image: snailherejonnygoleft.gif][Image: koopeyebot50.gif][Image: cuddlescrawlleft.gif]
[/move]
[Image: lolsgcatgunhugger.gif]
Strangest comment I've read sofar
"do you stroke your rack when you lie awake in bed at night... dreaming of the oven that got away?"
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2011, 03:46 PM by Reevesith.)
matter11
BRB, Posting

09-24-2011, 04:21 PM

(09-24-2011, 03:39 PM)Reevesith link Wrote: I do like the show

that's all that a brony is.

k0ala
BRB, Posting

09-24-2011, 04:22 PM

Unspoken among the disdain and disapproval is a really big assumption: You are only supposed to watch the shows that are made for people like you.

It was with a growing horror that people realized that only a select few families around the country were actually watched themselves. The Nielsen ratings system revolved around monitoring "regular people"'s TV watching habits, and they asked a certain few households to allow their watching habits to be tabulated. These stalwart television-watchers had to use 1960s technology to log in and log out from their tv-watching seats, so that statisticians could apply Complicated Math to the figures, and say how many million TV watchers were tuned in to a particular show on a particular night.  The Nielsen families knew that shows got cancelled when they showed poor numbers, therefore, actors' jobs depended on the Nielsen families being honest about their tastes. They felt an obligation to watch all the shows that their friends liked, so that their friends could keep watching the shows. The peer pressure got to be so great that they found themselves watching TV every minute they were home, just to keep their friends' shows on the air. These days, everyone is like that. We're not all "Nielsen families" but by and large we pretend we are, because we like to think we're influential.

It made people stare at me in the 90s, when I said that I didn't have time to watch television anymore, because the Internet had too many people to talk and play games with. If I were a Nielsen ratings data source, my people meter would be sending no data. People couldn't figure me out because I couldn't give them the data they needed to sort me, which was what TV shows I liked. People got angry with me because I couldn't be categorized.

I fell in with the geek and anime culture because we had to record the shows off the air and we traded tapes, as well as talked on the Internet about upcoming shows to record. This Furry thing showed up again and again, and I came to understand that it was a new demographic that sprung up while no one was looking: adults, who wanted to watch talking animal cartoons. People applied all the cartoons' labels back onto the people. Childish. Juvenile. Simple. Then the assumptions: Retarded. Drug-addled. Then I understood. People were mad because we didn't watch the shows we were supposed to. We didn't fit into the category that THEY made for US, and they were trying to make US feel guilty about being the dot outside their trend lines. "Deviant" in statistical terms came to be associated with "deviant" in psychological terms.

In theory, TV is free to you, thanks to the money advertisers give networks to show their commercials. TV shows are made by the networks to pull in a certain slice of the population, and get a set number of butts in seats before the commercials come on. The commercials are designed for the same sort of people as the ones who tune in for that show, and both sides get the maximum number of people interested in the commercial and justify those millions of dollars spent. Beer and razors are sold during sports, household cleaning products are sold during soap operas (thus the name), and kids' shows feature commercials for sugar and toys.

Have a look at the history of Thundarr the Barbarian; It was made by Alex Toth and Jack Kirby, about a few good guys adventuring through the ruins of a future Earth fighting wizards and mutants. ABC cancelled it in 1982, upon realizing that it got fan mail from architecture students and mythology professors. This fan mail proved they were making a cartoon that appealed to college students. They didn't want it to have college student fans! They didn't want to spoil the results of the product they were selling: commercial time. ABC wanted Thundarr to deliver one pure demographic (boys aged 6-12) to the toy companies, so they could sell toys to kids. They didn't want to have to run teenager commercials and adult commercials during Thundarr, because those made kids get up and walk away from the TV; at the same time they didn't want the college students watching the program, because those college students wouldn't see any commercials that would make them spend money, basically seeing the show "for free" -- an imagined loss. Because Toth and Kirby were making a saga that appealed to all ages, with ruins of the technological age, and gave the kids some deeper meaning to find in the story, they managed to make it interesting to adults. So the show was canned in the middle of season two.

Now of course we have shows on our computers, and internet on our TV. Now it's okay for grown-ass men to watch cartoons, but they have to be the adult cartoons -- the characters have to be in "adult situations" because sex jokes and tax jokes polled very high with the latest focus group. Now it's easier for the TV studios to track downloads of a show, broken down by zip code, bitrate, or platform. But this bias remains: you're only supposed to like the shows that are made for you, or for "an average person in your demographic" which the TV producers imagine is you. And if you want to make your own rules, that people of all ages and orientations can enjoy My Little Pony, then your group has committed a transgression against the rest of (television-watching) society, because you are not conforming. They (the haters) are going to hate, because you are forcing them to break their rules and THINK about you for a second.

You're not doing anything but turning on your TV. But a lot of people are apparently scared of that.

[Image: i9pkpXG.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2011, 04:52 PM by k0ala.)
Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

09-24-2011, 05:06 PM

(09-24-2011, 04:21 PM)matter11 link Wrote: [quote author=Reevesith link=topic=5966.msg224031#msg224031 date=1316896758]
I do like the show

that's all that a brony is.
[/quote]

There are people who like watching the show, and there are people who want to take part in pony sex. Not to be confused with furries, I don't even think the furries would harbor these kinds of people.

As long as you don't belong to the latter category, everything is alright.

'Meditation is supposedly the only way to Enlightenment because the only way to find this truth is through inner reflection - therefore, what you are finding to be the truth in your personal journey should ultimately be exactly what I find to be the truth, though all of our journeys are unique.'
Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

09-24-2011, 05:11 PM

Guys, we're missing the point here:

Star Wars defeated Star Trek

(09-24-2011, 04:22 PM)k0ala link Wrote: words

I wub you Koala

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2011, 05:22 PM by Vongore.)
Sogo
Didzo of Crafting

09-24-2011, 07:31 PM

Don't you know you're all my very best friends?

[move][/move]
Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

09-24-2011, 10:19 PM

(09-24-2011, 05:47 AM)Kor link Wrote: I realize it's easier to shit on people, but if you feel the need to repost what I'm cleaning up, I'll just remove people instead of posts.

funniest thing i've read

[SiN] Merc
BRB, Posting

09-24-2011, 11:30 PM

[Image: Whileyouwereoutshitgotserious.jpg]

apparently. Last thing I remember talking about is how Mac is the best character.

HULKMANIA'S RUNNIN' WILD, BROTHER!
Wyrmidon
BRB, Posting

09-24-2011, 11:48 PM

Quote: Merc link=topic=5966.msg224069#msg224069 date=1316925031]
[Image: Whileyouwereoutshitgotserious.jpg]

apparently. Last thing I remember talking about is how Fluttershy is the best character.

FTFY

But out of non main characters, I can agree Mac is one of the better ones.

Has there been any CMC in season 2 yet? I have yet to watch any of it.

[Image: believebanner7.jpg]
Saxxy
BRB, Posting

09-25-2011, 12:00 AM

(09-24-2011, 11:48 PM)Wyrmidon link Wrote: Has there been any CMC in season 2 yet? I have yet to watch any of it.

They were in the intro scene for the first episode.  And then never heard from ever again.
except for scootaloo.
AMCZombine
Lurker

09-25-2011, 12:24 AM

(09-25-2011, 12:00 AM)Saxxy link Wrote: scootaloo.
Average day on a TF2 pony server (Ponyville)
Didzo
Uninstalling

09-25-2011, 12:42 AM

Koala, I don't think it's the fact that grown ups watch My Little Pony that really bothers anyone. It does get annoying having ponies and pony pictures and pony jokes and pony related cliquishness almost everywhere. I could go further but it really wouldn't accomplish anything.  :-\

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]
Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

09-25-2011, 12:48 AM

(09-25-2011, 12:42 AM)Didzo link Wrote: Koala, I don't think it's the fact that grown ups watch My Little Pony that really bothers anyone. It does get annoying having ponies and pony pictures and pony jokes and pony related cliquishness almost everywhere. I could go further but it really wouldn't accomplish anything.  :-\

I don't mind the pony pictures, that would be like getting pissed at all the little kids and tweens with pot avatars on random forums. Same with reaction faces (when they are accurate) or TF2 sprays.

What i don't like, like you Didzo, is when people try to put stuff from their inside circle into another just to look different.. it's like posting ponies on the fml thread for example, doesn't have to be. That's why i'm okay with having a Pony thread here just like we have a Pokemon, Movie and Comics thread, so things stay where they belong