Hello There, Guest! Register

Warhammer 40K assembly/painting/ETC tips?
Sogo
Didzo of Crafting

01-12-2012, 07:09 PM

Reviving this thread for a bit of an update.

Got more paints and a Badab black wash, I think I've improved on the last pictured model quite a bit.

[Image: G77DFh.jpg]

[move][/move]
Trace
Killing anything that twitches

01-12-2012, 07:14 PM

Looks good, keep up the good work  ;D
Sogo
Didzo of Crafting

01-14-2012, 11:08 PM

Frustrated at the fact that the Ork Nobz kit doesn't include a twin-linked shoota, I took matters into my own hands...
[Image: DOMTN.jpg]

Sheared the rocket off of a rokkit/shoota kombi-weapon with a square bladed x-acto, then sheared the front half of a slugga I wasn't going to use and glued it under the barrel.
Then I glued a spiky pauldron on top of the gun because why the fuck not.

[move][/move]
Something Swain
Lurker

05-02-2012, 02:59 PM

So remember this thread? Yeah, I thought so.

I've been thinking of starting an imperial guard army, BUT I'm planning on making them those spooky skeletons.

It's actually pretty cost effective too, not taking the purchase of greenstuff into account... I'd save about $10 per unit of normal guardsmen if I purchase two sets of five vampire counts skeleton warriors and circular bases.

As far as guns go, I'm thinking of cutting up extra guns left over from space marine sprues and some ork sprues.

I think it'd be pretty fun to build an entire army of gun wielding skeletons with tanks.

Here's a rough picture of what I hope they'll look like, the actual ones probably won't have shields.
[Image: FtiZI.jpg]
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

05-02-2012, 03:26 PM

Would be interesting to see, for sure.

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
Sogo
Didzo of Crafting

05-03-2012, 04:46 PM

Homemade Snazzguns For my Flash Gitz
Grouped into an album, pictures taken with an iPod, sorry for the bloor

http://imgur.com/a/bchOX#0

[move][/move]
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

06-25-2012, 10:22 AM

I forgot:
1) about this thread
2) that I said I'd send you stuff
3) that I haven't posted pictures of my things

However: NEW EDITION COMES OUT SATURDAY, WOO, AND I SPENT WAY TOO MUCH MONEY PREORDERING GOODIES BUT I DON'T CARRRRRRRRRE

(This post was last modified: 06-25-2012, 10:24 AM by at0m.)
Trace

06-25-2012, 12:48 PM

Can't decide whether to get the book now or just wait till my brother gets a starter set in september
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

06-25-2012, 01:02 PM

(06-25-2012, 12:48 PM)Trace link Wrote: Can't decide whether to get the book now or just wait till my brother gets a starter set in september
I went a little crazy and preordered the gaming edition and a bunch of the launch stuff. I figure, if I don't end up using it, I can always resell it a year later and make money off of it. Plus I haven't owned a hardback rulebook since 3rd, so I might as well give it a shot. I'll almost definitely be buying the starter when it comes out too, Chaos/Dark Angels just sounds too cool to ignore.

Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

06-25-2012, 08:30 PM

So do new editions of 40k come with a bunch of new units or is it just updated rules?

Trace

06-25-2012, 08:35 PM

Updated core rules, and if it's anything like the last edition of Fantasy, a slew of FAQ updates for all the current codices  :p
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2012, 08:52 PM by Trace.)
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

06-25-2012, 09:43 PM

Yeah although the last few were written with 6th in mind, and several are slated for release in the next few months.

at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

07-10-2012, 12:08 PM

Finally table ready: 5 small ruins, 4 medium ruins, 2 small towers, 1 large ruin, and a skyshield. Not pictured (because they're not painted): Imperial Bastion and Aegis Barricades.
[Image: 4WhRW.jpg]

at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

07-11-2012, 10:33 AM

Also: http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2012/07/4...ional.html

I've been saying this kind of thing for years. It's supposed to be a cinematic and enjoyable game, not a purely competitive one, and this set of rules brings it back to what I've always thought it should be.

Trace

07-11-2012, 04:43 PM

I like 6th a lot. I'm working on stripping and repainting my Necrons. It's pretty neat to see how much I've learned as a painter in 5 years. My old Necrons were basically one flat layer of each color  Tongue
[Image: IMG_28971.jpg]
Lord on the left is from my first 40k purchase(The mega necron battleforce that they no longer sell), the one on the right is one I took off the Command Barge.
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

07-11-2012, 04:46 PM

Link a larger version, I want to see details!

Also: I'm getting into an Escalation league this summer, after buying 3870 points of Chaos Daemons off a guy on Bartertown. Totally going to rock Slaanesh/Tzeentch, its the final result of the fictional backstory I've been running for the last 10+ years re: my radical Daemonhunter. Looking forward to allying them with Imperial Guard (traitor guard?), it's going to be fun times.

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2012, 04:48 PM by at0m.)
Trace

07-11-2012, 06:30 PM

[Image: IMG_29041.jpg]
[Image: IMG_29051.jpg]
Apparently macro mode on my camera doesn't let me turn on flash and my desk lamp is super yellow  Tongue
So the top one is the new color scheme I'm switching over to, still don't know how I will base them. I was thinking maybe lava? Anyone got any ideas?
Sogo
Didzo of Crafting

07-13-2012, 07:37 PM

Finally got around to getting started on the Ork Bommer kit.
The Blitza Bomb mountings actually have a 3mm hole as part of them, so with a little snipping on the bomb, I had a pre drilled mounting hole for the 3mm magnet set I had.
The Supa Shootas on the wings were pretty easy as well, drilled into the gluing surface on both ends, insert magnets, profit.
Only part I need to work out now is the Supa Shoota mountings in the bomb rack section.
Pics to come.

[move][/move]
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

07-13-2012, 07:39 PM

(07-13-2012, 07:37 PM)Sogo Payne link Wrote: Finally got around to getting started on the Ork Bommer kit.
The Blitza Bomb mountings actually have a 3mm hole as part of them, so with a little snipping on the bomb, I had a pre drilled mounting hole for the 3mm magnet set I had.
The Supa Shootas on the wings were pretty easy as well, drilled into the gluing surface on both ends, insert magnets, profit.
Only part I need to work out now is the Supa Shoota mountings in the bomb rack section.
Pics to come.
Definitely interested in seeing this, I was just going to give up and assemble it with 3x supa shootas and use it as a dakkajet all the time

Sogo
Didzo of Crafting

07-13-2012, 07:50 PM

[Image: SsCel.jpg]

Wing mounted Supa Shoota, easy to setup, but you have to have the mounting plates glued on.

[Image: O9QAR.jpg]

Bomb Rack, just cut/file down the peg in the middle of the bomb and replace it with a magnet, and fill the hole on the wing piece with a second magnet, this needs a bit of test fitting to work. The Square pegs will keep the bomb steady, even if they aren't glued.

[Image: lhTFo.jpg]

I haven't quite figured out the Supa Shootas that go in the bomb rack section of the wings, but I'm guessing  gluing something behind the hole to give you a surface to put the magnet on will work.
This leaves you with the Fuselage mounted Supa Shootas as the permanant set.

[move][/move]