Hello There, Guest! Register

Warhammer 40K assembly/painting/ETC tips?
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

02-28-2016, 01:38 PM

Star citizen has updated. So has my Arcanist Ramos crew for Malifaux. http://iamat0m.tumblr.com/post/140152212...-and-ramos

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu
Something Swain
Lurker

04-05-2016, 06:53 PM

I guess I could/should probably post all ths stuff I've been ignoring my computer doing for the past few months.
matter11
BRB, Posting

04-06-2016, 08:10 AM

Didn't know this counted as a general wargame thread.

I remember at0m said he dabbled in warmachine/hordes, the list I bought was Bradigus's tier list, so many stone men!

[Image: SKihE.gif]
matter11
BRB, Posting

04-13-2016, 08:44 AM

double post

Warmachine/hordes is coming out with MK III this july. 
It will change the very core mechanics of the game.
The community is in a flurry of excitement and hope.

If anyone is thinking about getting back into WM/H or starting a war game, choose this one!

Something Swain
Lurker

04-18-2016, 07:44 PM

Said I'd post something, so here's my X-Wing scum I painted to vaguely resemble pirates from FTL. In hueg vision.
[Image: sWj4udJ.jpg]
fucking smartphone
Didzo
Uninstalling

04-19-2016, 10:51 PM

This doesn't have to do with Warhammer but I figure that plastic painting hobbyists could give me some tips on something I want to do. I recently tried to mod a Casio watch case by removing some lettering. I was partially successful. Meaning that on one part I removed both the lettering and the underlying paint from the plastic watch case. Not good. I'm thinking that fixing my blunder will require repainting the entire case so that it looks uniform and matches the stainless steel bracelet.

Tips/tricks/advice?

[Image: 2mxisdj.jpg]
[Image: snailLeonidasgo50.gif]
matter11
BRB, Posting

04-20-2016, 07:16 AM

(04-19-2016, 10:51 PM)Didzo Wrote: This doesn't have to do with Warhammer but I figure that plastic painting hobbyists could give me some tips on something I want to do. I recently tried to mod a Casio watch case by removing some lettering. I was partially successful. Meaning that on one part I removed both the lettering and the underlying paint from the plastic watch case. Not good. I'm thinking that fixing my blunder will require repainting the entire case so that it looks uniform and matches the stainless steel bracelet.

Tips/tricks/advice?

The tinier the brush head the better, like REALLY tiny.

Acrylic paint should work fine.
You should also probably prime it first to avoid chipping, but do this coat lightly.
When you get to painting, thin it out by dipping the brush in water and adding water little by little.
If your paint is too thick it will leave brush strokes. A good way to tell is that when you swish it on your palette, you don't really want it to hold the "shape", it should pool quickly and easily. You can also just do test strokes to see, and don't load up the brush with paint, rub off the excess back onto the palette before coating your surface.
A few drops of paint needs maybe a drop or two of water.