Hello There, Guest! Register

God, I want to rage SO BADLY.
Chief
BRB, Posting

09-05-2008, 09:37 PM

The Spy is now the most challenging class to play as after the Heavy update.

Seriously, the backstab animation is too long, and when you're trying to link up three in a row, it's impossible. You will only get one kill. I've even tried to do quick backstabs, but nothing is happening.
Speaking of which, Spy checking is just impossible to get by. Everyone shoots everyone at any possible moment. You can come from the back of their spawn but they will just turn around and go rabid on anyone they see.

I really hope that the next update will fix these backstabs so that I can get back to stabbing more efficiently, quickly, and

P.S. And no, it's not that I suck. Spy's my highest class in practically almost everything. Highest points, highest time, highest survival rate, etc.

Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

09-05-2008, 10:21 PM

It's like if snipers had to aim at a random body part, they don't know because it changed every single time they fired, to get a headshot.

Spore
2 guys, no cups necessary

09-05-2008, 10:39 PM

I concur.

Feeling generous? Karf is a respectable human being. http://i.imgur.com/MTVw5.png
Thank you, Mr. Pelican.
KarthXLR
Free of STD's ... lolwut?

09-06-2008, 12:23 AM

As I've said MULTIPLE TIMES BEFORE, the hitboxes are glitching up more and more with each update.

If you've paid any attention to this forum that is.
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

09-06-2008, 01:05 AM

Everyone knows spy is borked, bitching about it doesn't do any good though. You could try learning a new class though. Tongue

Once upon a time, spy was the only class I played. It became obvious early on that Valve was fucking up the spy class and didn't really give a shit to fix it though, so I haven't gone back to it in a long time. Tongue

Also, in before internet tough guy claims there's nothing wrong with the spy. Srsly, ura a dick and a poser if you think valve hasn't royally fuck the class over.

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
KarthXLR

09-06-2008, 01:10 AM

(09-06-2008, 01:05 AM)CopulatingDrunk link Wrote: Everyone knows spy is borked, bitching about it doesn't do any good though. You could try learning a new class though. Tongue

Once upon a time, spy was the only class I played. It became obvious early on that Valve was fucking up the spy class and didn't really give a shit to fix it though, so I haven't gone back to it in a long time. Tongue

Also, in before internet tough guy claims there's nothing wrong with the spy. Srsly, ura a dick and a poser if you think valve hasn't royally fuck the class over.
Spy check is becoming to frequent.

He should get a fire proof vest or something.
jorge
It's pronounced yor-ge

09-06-2008, 01:54 AM

Valve is racist against spies.

A. Crow
Surprise Whopper

09-06-2008, 03:08 AM

there's no friendly fire.  there are however mobile knife factories masquerading as your teammates.  it makes perfect sense that the people who play this game will slowly but surely move to spy checking just about everyone all the damn time. 

So help me there is something else with spies.  I see someone, and it just doesn't seem right, 1 crit rocket later I'm happily 1 kill richer.  I'm thinking there is something oh oh oh so slightly subtle about spies in disguise that ticks off this wonderful pattern recognition system we call a brain. 

Ceceil Felias
Slave to no man

09-06-2008, 05:51 AM

What's ironic about this is that spies in TFC were entirely useless in the first place. Let's thank Valve for what they did to make the spy a tactical and playable class. [Image: emot-awesome.gif]
KorJax
BRB, Posting

09-06-2008, 08:13 AM

Use quick stabs instead then.  Although I agree with you TBH... spy is also my main class and it's really not that BAD (once you learn it's little quirks)

[Image: a731e9e08c48b218b111e3275e851e8e.gif]
Surf314
Seriously, this week I'll play PS

09-06-2008, 09:49 AM

The problem with spies is the problem with snipers, you get one really good person at it and the class becomes OP.  You could have one rambo take on the other team.

[Image: samjackson-4.png]
Scary Womanizing Pig Mask
Fierce Pork Trooper

09-06-2008, 10:28 AM

Although I can see how the Hitboxes are wonky, Spies are by no means underpowered. Spies like Karth are still able to rape the other team (specifically me) pretty badly.

Eschatos
Jack Thompson Fan Club Member

09-06-2008, 10:44 AM

I barely ever play spy, so I wouldn't know.

JoKeRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Lurker

09-06-2008, 10:53 AM

(09-06-2008, 01:05 AM)CopulatingDrunk link Wrote: Also, in before internet tough guy claims there's nothing wrong with the spy. Srsly, ura a dick and a poser if you think valve hasn't royally fuck the class over.
Dick and poser incoming.

I don't have a problem with how the spy is now. I still do well when I play spy. If you're trying to go into a large group of enemies and kill 3+, don't expect to come out alive, and don't expect to get 3+ kills. If you pull it off, you're a hero. If you don't then too bad, try again later. Think of it this way: with any other class would you be successful? The fact that the spy has the ability to get kills like this is what makes it such a compelling class to play.

Also, you're playing a Source game so stop whining about hit registration. It happens to every class it's just more obvious with the spy. I have more of a problem with it happening to snipers actually. Also also, complaining about spy checking is fucking stupid.

cbre88x
Seabreeze: That Damn Sniper

09-06-2008, 11:51 AM

That's why it's called a support class. Think of the classes as jobs. The support class requires a player to have specific skills in combat..if you don't have those skills you just have to work on them or tough just don't play the class.

As for the hit boxes..yea..I've noticed as a sniper. It's been getting harder to nail someone in the eye as I've fired MANY shots to the head that didn't register properly. I just have to get over it and make the best of it.

Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

09-06-2008, 12:41 PM

I used to be able to get 2-3+ kill chains regularly :Smile

A. Crow
Surprise Whopper

09-06-2008, 01:40 PM

(09-06-2008, 12:41 PM)Versus link Wrote: I used to be able to get 2-3+ kill chains regularly :Smile

over time, large groups of people will change behaviors, like fucking turning around occasionally. 

KarthXLR

09-06-2008, 01:41 PM

(09-06-2008, 01:40 PM)A. Crow link Wrote: [quote author=Versus link=topic=1349.msg36728#msg36728 date=1220722891]
I used to be able to get 2-3+ kill chains regularly :Smile

over time, large groups of people will change behaviors, like fucking turning around occasionally. 
[/quote]
IHATETHATSOMUCH.

Every time I'm about to kill krissy, SHE TURNS AROUND.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
copulatingduck
Following in Gordon's Footsteps

09-06-2008, 01:42 PM

(09-06-2008, 10:53 AM)JoKeRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR link Wrote: [quote author=CopulatingDrunk link=topic=1349.msg36667#msg36667 date=1220681144]
Dick and poser incoming.

I don't have a problem with how the spy is now. I still do well when I play spy. If you're trying to go into a large group of enemies and kill 3+, don't expect to come out alive, and don't expect to get 3+ kills. If you pull it off, you're a hero. If you don't then too bad, try again later. Think of it this way: with any other class would you be successful? The fact that the spy has the ability to get kills like this is what makes it such a compelling class to play.

Also, you're playing a Source game so stop whining about hit registration. It happens to every class it's just more obvious with the spy. I have more of a problem with it happening to snipers actually. Also also, complaining about spy checking is fucking stupid.

[/quote]

Well that's far from being the internet tough guy I was expecting, as you actually concede that sometimes the spy just shouldn't be able to do his job, and that hit detection sucks for everyone. So +1 for you. And you said this:

Quote:Also also, complaining about spy checking is fucking stupid.

I was more concerned with someone coming on saying "valve hasn't done anything to fuck up the backstabs, they're just fine. hit detection is fine, you just suck at spy OMG roflolz!!!@1!"

Also, asking for a fireproof suit for the spy is even more fucking stupid. The spy is meant for picking off specific targets, not taking out entire teams. If a spy does manage to take out the bulk of an enemy team, it's not that the spy is good (though I have no doubt that he is) it's that the enemy team is fucking stupid. If you're hoping to be a one-man army go play on a fucking Noobs Only Server.

edit: Karth, just shutup. All your complaints are just making you look like a n00b spy, which you claim you aren't. You're just digging your hole deeper.

Ripped like paper
raped with ease
hey scrub nerd pyros
suck on these
Dave
White Lighting - Extra 50% Free

09-06-2008, 01:46 PM

valve hasn't done anything to fuck up the backstabs, they're just fine. hit detection is fine, you just suck at spy OMG roflolz!!!@1!