Hello There, Guest! Register

Fromage thread
VeraLapsa
Minecraft Overlord

07-01-2012, 11:31 PM

My favorite cheeses areSadget ready for it)

Brie (spread on a cracker)
Chèvre (on medium done burger and kaiser role)
Blue Cheese (with wings and stuff or baked in to pastries)
Fresh Mozzarella (eaten on saltines or battered and fried)
Smoked guda and smoked swiss (for sandwiches any type bread or just eating)
Munster (for just eating or in grilled cheese)
American cheese (for general grilled cheese and burgers)
Chedder (only on bacon cheese burgers, bbq optional)
Cream Cheese (for beagles, cheese cake, and crackers)
herb yogurt cheese (for sandwitches)

of course Parmigiano-Reggiano dusted on pasta and pizza

and the one that grosses a lot of people out:
Small Curd Cottage Cheese (plain just eaten plain no fruit like how some people like it)

Old likes:
Colby Jack (just melted on a plate and eaten or melted on crackers)
Velveeta processed cheese (who am I kidding I still love Velveeta shells mac and cheese also my gram made us cheese crackers with the block form of this cheese)

Woo hoo ACEN here I come.
Dr. Zaius
Uninstalling

07-02-2012, 12:29 AM

Brie is pretty good, but I've only had it a few times.

White milds like muenster, provolone, mozz and most swiss (love hate relationship) are a sure thing.

The more... characteristic.. the taste is, the less inclined I am to enjoy it (absolutely hate bleu), however sharp cheddars aren't bad and I have had the opportunity to try some wisconsin blueberry white cheddar and cranberry white cheddar as well as a 5 year sharp or however aged it was.
good stuff

'Meditation is supposedly the only way to Enlightenment because the only way to find this truth is through inner reflection - therefore, what you are finding to be the truth in your personal journey should ultimately be exactly what I find to be the truth, though all of our journeys are unique.'
kaese
Accepts Non-Virgin Goat Sacrifices

07-02-2012, 02:00 AM

Try some brie en croute on top of fresh sliced pears. So wonderful and easy to make at home!

[Image: 46qrx2X.gif]
ask me about mpreg
ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

07-15-2012, 02:38 AM

Living in one of the three cheese countries, I have way too much choice to pick a few. For the people who like Gouda, you should dig a bit more as Gouda is to Dutch Cheese as Heineken is to Dutch Beer, very well marketed but there are so many better ones. Smile

For the rest, I quite like most cheeses as long as they're not processed (which is hard to find here anyway unless you go to McDs or Subway). I do love a good blue cheese but again no clear favourite as there's just too many good one and everywhere I go, I do order the cheese platter for dessert.

Signature temporarily out of order until I get off my lazy ass to fix it.
Greatbacon
The Most Delicious of All Meats

07-16-2012, 04:43 PM

(07-15-2012, 02:38 AM)ainmosni link Wrote: Living in one of the three cheese countries, I have way too much choice to pick a few. For the people who like Gouda, you should dig a bit more as Gouda is to Dutch Cheese as Heineken is to Dutch Beer, very well marketed but there are so many better ones. Smile

For the rest, I quite like most cheeses as long as they're not processed (which is hard to find here anyway unless you go to McDs or Subway). I do love a good blue cheese but again no clear favourite as there's just too many good one and everywhere I go, I do order the cheese platter for dessert.

While I'm sure most Dutch Cheese is great, you should drop a couple of names of the top of your head so we have a direction to look.
rumsfald

07-16-2012, 08:53 PM

(06-20-2012, 12:14 PM)Mission Difficult link Wrote: I'm a fan of muchango (aged at least a year)

fixed.

Also, I eat all cheese. That is, cheese from milk, not from motor oil like velveeta.

My college roommate used to take a hot dog from the fridge, put it on a bun, slather some ketchup, slice some velveeta on top, then stick it in the microwave for 4 minutes. We didn't get along.

As for personal preference, I love to get my hands on some tetilla...

[Image: galicia27.jpg]
Vongore
The Chilean God of Lightning

07-16-2012, 09:09 PM

(07-16-2012, 08:53 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: [quote author=Mission Difficult link=topic=6394.msg247850#msg247850 date=1340212488]
I'm a fan of muchango (aged at least a year)

fixed.

Also, I eat all cheese. That is, cheese from milk, not from motor oil like velveeta.

My college roommate used to take a hot dog from the fridge, put it on a bun, slather some ketchup, slice some velveeta on top, then stick it in the microwave for 4 minutes. We didn't get along.

As for personal preference, I love to get my hands on some tetilla...

[Image: galicia27.jpg]
[/quote]

You're shitting me you call those Tetilla

kaese
Accepts Non-Virgin Goat Sacrifices

07-16-2012, 11:07 PM

(07-16-2012, 08:53 PM)rumsfald link Wrote: My college roommate used to take a hot dog from the fridge, put it on a bun, slather some ketchup, slice some velveeta on top, then stick it in the microwave for 4 minutes. We didn't get along.

Well, I'm a firm believer of ketchup being a children's condiment for hotdogs and wursts. You can never go wrong with some good mustard.

[Image: 46qrx2X.gif]
ask me about mpreg
matter11
BRB, Posting

07-16-2012, 11:41 PM

I've been going to lengths to expand my horizons but I must admit a weakness for cheap cheese. I really really really like the AMC theaters nacho cheese. I'll also say I love nachos but dislike salsa in all forms.

[Image: SKihE.gif]
Luca Shoal
Some king of fox thing

07-16-2012, 11:47 PM

(07-16-2012, 11:07 PM)Käse link Wrote: [quote author=rumsfald link=topic=6394.msg249891#msg249891 date=1342490032]

Well, I'm a firm believer of ketchup being a children's condiment for hotdogs and wursts. You can never go wrong with some good mustard.
[/quote]I will fight you. Good ketchup is awesome.

And with strange aeons, even Death may lay down in the street and die.

ainmosni
Man of Ethanol

07-17-2012, 03:46 AM

(07-16-2012, 04:43 PM)Greatbacon link Wrote: [quote author=ainmosni link=topic=6394.msg249733#msg249733 date=1342337939]
Living in one of the three cheese countries, I have way too much choice to pick a few. For the people who like Gouda, you should dig a bit more as Gouda is to Dutch Cheese as Heineken is to Dutch Beer, very well marketed but there are so many better ones. Smile

While I'm sure most Dutch Cheese is great, you should drop a couple of names of the top of your head so we have a direction to look.
[/quote]

This is quite hard as even our "standard" supermarkt cheese is miles above Gouda and cheese is less "brand" (as far as you can call Gouda a brand) driven here. We also barely have any brands, the only decent brand I can think of is Old Amsterdam but that's just Aged dutch cheese. (Definitely good though)

Signature temporarily out of order until I get off my lazy ass to fix it.
VeraLapsa
Minecraft Overlord

07-17-2012, 12:19 PM

(07-16-2012, 11:47 PM)Yip Yip Luca link Wrote: [quote author=Käse link=topic=6394.msg249899#msg249899 date=1342498030]
[quote author=rumsfald link=topic=6394.msg249891#msg249891 date=1342490032]

[/quote]I will fight you. Good ketchup is awesome.
[/quote]

I love Heinz ketchup and almost all forms of mustard, mainly because my parents used to to make me vomit up flintstone chewables when I was little.

Honey mustard powder is fine as a flavor on pretzels. I also will vomit if I get a strong wif of vinegar, so no volcanoes and healthier salads for me.

Back on topic, I forgot Gouda that stuff is goud.

Woo hoo ACEN here I come.
Luca Shoal
Some king of fox thing

07-17-2012, 11:40 PM

No vinegar? My sympathies :<

And with strange aeons, even Death may lay down in the street and die.

Versus
My fursona is a blops attack dog

07-18-2012, 01:16 AM

(07-17-2012, 11:40 PM)Yip Yip Luca link Wrote: No vinegar? My sympathies :<

Greatbacon
The Most Delicious of All Meats

07-18-2012, 05:05 PM

(07-17-2012, 03:46 AM)ainmosni link Wrote: [quote author=Greatbacon link=topic=6394.msg249862#msg249862 date=1342475038]
[quote author=ainmosni link=topic=6394.msg249733#msg249733 date=1342337939]

[/quote]

This is quite hard as even our "standard" supermarkt cheese is miles above Gouda and cheese is less "brand" (as far as you can call Gouda a brand) driven here. We also barely have any brands, the only decent brand I can think of is Old Amsterdam but that's just Aged dutch cheese. (Definitely good though)
[/quote]

I misspoke.  You should drop a couple of styles of the top of your head.  Obviously I'm not going to be getting "real" Dutch Brand Cheese over here, but at least we can know what sort of cheeses you prefer.  Or the style of the brand you prefer.  The point is just saying you have better Dutch Cheese over there, even it is true, doesn't really help anyone in the thread expand their horizons.
ZargonX
Hit em with a Splersh

07-18-2012, 05:16 PM

(07-16-2012, 11:07 PM)Käse link Wrote: [quote author=rumsfald link=topic=6394.msg249891#msg249891 date=1342490032]

[/quote]

She speaks the truth.

Spectacle Rock - Witty Slogan Here
Litrecola
N00b

07-19-2012, 01:22 AM

Dubliner is great! Cheese curds are also good, Mmm poutine! Also some of the Sartori's brand Belavitano cheeses are very good.
at0m
Official Con Soccer Mom

07-19-2012, 01:15 PM

Baby Bell, String Cheese, and Cojack are always in my fridge. Sometimes some Laughing Cow and/or Neufchatel too.

"If you want to be a Double E, bend over and grab your knees...."
"Atom is Sexy!" <-- Donate your own pic to the cause!
Victory needs no explanation. Defeat allows none. -Sun Tzu