Hello There, Guest! Register

Pokemon Suits/Gowns
Evil Cheese
Sad Keeanu

11-20-2012, 09:31 AM

Not to steal thunder from Caff, but his idea gave me an idea. Anyone else interested in doing Pokemon themed suits or gowns for ACEN? I wouldn't mind doing one myself, but I think it would be cooler as a group cosplay. Possibly even pairs if enough people of both sexes are interested.
kaese
Accepts Non-Virgin Goat Sacrifices

11-20-2012, 11:04 AM

Reference pics? or general ideas of what you mean by themed suits/gowns?
I have no idea what you're talking about haha.

[Image: 46qrx2X.gif]
ask me about mpreg
CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

11-20-2012, 02:23 PM

Hm....maybe, like Kase said, some refs would be in order for what you're envisioning

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel
Evil Cheese
Sad Keeanu

11-20-2012, 07:25 PM

Although these are way more elaborate than what I was envisioning, this is kind of what I mean about a Pokemon themed gown. Taking the attributes of a specific pokemon, such as elemental type or body features, and incorporating that into a sort of formalish dress design. Same idea for the suits, but obviously working within the constraints of what makes up a suit and suit accessories (I couldn't find a ref for that). So for example one idea I had was for a meowth suit with tan/beige zoot suit style jacket and pants, black or dark brown shirt worn with the collar open and no tie, guido-style "gold" chain necklace, a hat that matches the jacket and pants, dark brown dress shoes, and maybe some brown gloves.

Since this idea needs context for it to work I don't think it would really work well as a hall cosplay, it would be more for a masquerade. During the masquerade we could create context by having cues for each pokemon when that person walks on stage, such having the sound the pokemon makes play and showing a poster or something with a picture of that pokemon on it in the background.

To be honest I really don't know if this is practical or not, just an idea I thought I'd share.

CaffeinePowered
Mad Hatter

11-21-2012, 08:53 AM

This might work for a good 'at night' sort of cosplay, as far as masquerades go you have to basically make your outfit for that, and the most I think we could do is a set of walk-ons.

I'm not sure Id have the time to do a full outfit from scratch but I could certainly do something thrift-stored and altered. Though that might be a polyvore sort of idea, like this - http://pokevore.tumblr.com/

[Image: caffsighl7.jpg]Â[Image: 1184299259221.gif]
Sig by Joel